Retrograde Saturn transiting 1st house

maia3

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask if anyone has experienced retrograde saturn transiting 1st house.
The changes associated with this transit are temporary or permanent?
My best friend has retrograde saturn transiting 1st house and also his natal saturn.He had always been a very independent and rebel guy, but now, since this transit, he is very confused and said he gave up making decisions for himself.Now his parents are arranging his life, something that he would never accepted in the past.
While saturn was direct and transiting his 1st house, he was independent as usual, but confused.Now that Saturn is retrograde, i can't recognize him anymore.
Saturn is also the ruler of this 4th house.

Olga1983

Hi Maia3,

I'm going to get the same transit also. My saturn is going retrograde and it will go back from the 1st to the 12th house. It will be near April 20 when it's transiting the AC. I may tell you later if i had any experience with it. My natal saturn is also in the 1st house (conjunct with pluto). Saturn also rules over the 4th house. The ruler of my Saturn is venus (libra). Venus in my chart is in the 9th house. Now that i have read your message, maybe just now i realise what something in my own chart can mean in this transit. I cannot be called an astrologer, as my knowledge is limited, but i thought of this interpretation in my life: as you talked about confusion with Saturn, i know that i experienced confusion with an eventual new decision i have to make. Someone i know, invited me to come to the US and if i want, i can stay there (or at least for a long time) and with his help i could get a long visa. If nothing specific happens here in India, where i am now (i'm born and raised in Holland), then i seriously think of making the decision to go there. My fly date to Holland is May 12 and if i would go to America, i may go there within 2-3 weeks after arrival in Holland. But as i'm involved with an Indian man in some way and as Sai Baba is here, i would rather not leave India at all. So if i go to the US, i may be in a bad mental state (long story). But if i have to choose between Holland and the US, then the US seems the best. I would be dependent on this friend, but in Holland i expect a worse situation if i would stay there. I have been wondering if it's good to go to the US, if i have to leave India (maybe the saturn-ruler over 4 indicates something about this wondering).

Another thing is the confusing situation with this Indian man. As venus is ruling over saturn and saturn transits in the 1st house (going retrograde), i thought it may have something to do with this transit. Venus in the 9th house could say something about love in a far foreign country (India is far from Holland). And Saturn going retrograde in direction to the 12th house, may represent something with confusion. In August Saturn goes back to the 1st. I don't know what it's going to mean for me, but maybe later i can tell some more, as time goes by.

If i go to the city of that friend in America (in Ohio), then in my coming solar return in May i would have many planets in the 12th house and squares (i think this was the right word in English) to the MC or AC, which may indicate something difficult. But if i would go, for example, to Sacramento, then i get many planets in 2 with trines (if my english is correct) to the AC or MC. Anyway, that's eventually also a point to consider for me, if i go there.

I will see if the retrograde-saturn is going to have more effect on me.

maia3

Hello Olga,

Your post is very interesting.
My friend is also moving from one country to another.He used to live in Europe but now he is going back to his home country, because his parents asked him to come back and stay with them.Maybe this is related to Saturn being ruler of 4th house.
But he took this decision only because his parents asked him this.He said he is very confused regarding his life's direction and he prefers his parents to guide him, for the moment.So it is not just about relocation, but also about the relationship with his family.
What do you mean by "ruler of my Saturn is venus (libra)"?

Olga1983

Some days after saturn went retrograde over my AC, it was announced that Sai Baba passed away (April 24). It was horrible, but i'm still waiting for a miracle. Yet i have cried intensely.

More about my more recent circumstances can eventually be read from here:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=300288#post300288

Saturn may have played the role of giving delays, but now it seems very strongly that i'm going to book my fly ticket to go back to India on August 15. Not long before that, saturn arrives at the AC again and comes back in the first house.

elainze

I have been experience retrograde Saturn transit in my 1st house, conj my natal Saturn. I relocated within the company last year and whilst I began to settle down in the new country, I have been experiencing a lot in my life. I cant tell if this is all the faults from Saturn from this is when took on astrology and had a great desire to learn. I couldnt believe I spend some weekends at home, insulated from the world, and just to learn. Then, I have been asking lots of quesions myself, from career, love to family matters. Anything that never was a problem seems to bother me now. I doubt my profession, my attitude in love and my relationship with my parents. It is weird because it is not like my life has changed but my brain just somehow started tunning in. I had problem with sleeping recently, too. It really is a nightmare. I am still trying to find answers to many unanswered questions. And, for the things I mentioned above, it is the relationship with my parents that is improving because I forced myself to speak to them, about my uneasiness around them. I told them my feelings and they did in return.

I guess it is like a time for change? But I also have pluto transiting in 3rd house, semi-sextiling my natal saturn.

Erulastiel14

Saturn is now firmly in my 1st house but it retrograded back into my 12th pretty much this entire year. I finished law school and took the bar in my state twice--and failed both times, even after getting help. I got my MA before law school and that was what I always planned to use. I have no real interest in being a lawyer. I've decided to put off taking the bar a third time until later this year or 2017, and start my career. The problem is I don't know if I should go into business for myself (which I always wanted to do) or work for someone else to gain experience first.

With the economy being bad in the US, older professionals are not taking time to train younger professionals. I had a part time job that didn't work out because the lawyer who hired me really needed another trained lawyer or paralegal to do what he needed and me having just finished law school couldn't do it.

At the same time since I've spent my 20s in school, I feel socially behind a lot of people my age who are getting married and having children. Part of the reason I want to put off taking the bar again is so I can maybe start dating again and have a social life for a bit. Whatever decisions I make will affect me for decades to come--I know that.

I feel strangely fortunate since many people my age are struggling and I have a family that wants to help me and has the ability to. I know too many people my age who seem independent and farther ahead than me because they have can't depend on their families. When I look back on my life and my choices I have to remember that.

But Uranus in my 4th about to go into my 5th has me feeling restless and thirsting for change. But that's for another thread.:biggrin:

PatAstro

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask if anyone has experienced retrograde saturn transiting 1st house.
The changes associated with this transit are temporary or permanent?
My best friend has retrograde saturn transiting 1st house and also his natal saturn.He had always been a very independent and rebel guy, but now, since this transit, he is very confused and said he gave up making decisions for himself.Now his parents are arranging his life, something that he would never accepted in the past.
While saturn was direct and transiting his 1st house, he was independent as usual, but confused.Now that Saturn is retrograde, i can't recognize him anymore.
Saturn is also the ruler of this 4th house.

I had Saturn retrograde transiting in my 1st house... Saturn is the ruler of the 9th, 10th and 11th house.... Nothing but bad college experience.... People were awful. Saturn was opposing Neptune, Jupiter and Venus in the 7th house... Met a guy... eek. Seem like everyone hating on me....
I get punished for trying to get an education and to have a career. Saturn return... I thought people want people to do well for themselves...

If I do drugs and go to jail... people will want to help me out and be friend with me....

If I go to college and try to get a career... people get jealous.

This society USA is wack.

So I don't want do deal with people anymore.... I just tell them to get out of my face... I can't stand them. :sideways::sideways:

Your friend... probably just home life, or issue with family may have cause him to change.