Priority in reading charts

asianquasar

Dear all...

I have a question relating to predictive reading. Maybe this has been discussed before, forgive me for asking this very basic question. I am wondering what is usually the priority or sequence in reading is it looking at 1) progression charts first then 2) transit, and 3) solar return..

Many thanks in advance
Abby

Moog

It depends on the astrologer.

Some may add different techniques or charts to those listed, others would use some or only one.

I don't think there's a straight answer, or you'll get one.

You'll develop your own strategy with practice.

wilsontc

Staff member
inner, outer, overview, to Abby

Abby,

You asked:
I have a question relating to predictive reading. Maybe this has been discussed before, forgive me for asking this very basic question. I am wondering what is usually the priority or sequence in reading is it looking at 1) progression charts first then 2) transit, and 3) solar return.

It depends on what you are "predicting." Progressed charts show the evolving inner being of the person. Transit charts show the changing outer world of the person. And Solar Return charts give a yearly overview.

It depends,

Tim

asianquasar

Re: inner, outer, overview, to Abby

Thank you @Moog, @wilsontc,
I see... I guess it will be different approaches to different subjects? So far I see these three approaches as giving different possible influences to the subject. I still don't know how to 'combine' these influences. For instance, someone has a one year 'hard' transit of Uranus on one of the natal charts - but there are positive readings on the progressive - is there one approach that we should read 'above' others/prioritise?

Many thanks again
Abby

wilsontc

Staff member
think of it this way... to Abby

Abby,

You said:
I guess it will be different approaches to different subjects? So far I see these three approaches as giving different possible influences to the subject. I still don't know how to 'combine' these influences. For instance, someone has a one year 'hard' transit of Uranus on one of the natal charts - but there are positive readings on the progressive - is there one approach that we should read 'above' others/prioritise?

Think of it this way... Instead of thinking about how it all "combines" together, think about how each supports or doesn't support the other. In your example, a person with a "positive" progressed chart indicates that inwardly their energy is flowing well. While a person with a challenging transit chart with Uranus (rebellion) indicates that are sudden issues that come out in the outer world that affect them. Looking at these together... When the challenging outer world situations occur, the person's inner strength will help them get through those issues.

Supportively,

Tim

Zarathu

Account Closed
I use secondary progressions to get an idea of the next 3-5 years of the person's challenges.

I then take the most significant houses and planets and move to looking at planetary returns to find the challenges in the most specific areas of the 2ndary progressed chart.

Then I might break it down further by looking at the sign series of the planetary return, the lunar return or the Tertiary progression.

Finally I might look at the persona charts for significant items in any of the above charts.

asianquasar

Re: think of it this way... to Abby

Tim,
Thanks for illustrating it that way - it makes more sense. I will try to see it this way.
Thanks! :smile:

Abby,

You said:

Think of it this way... Instead of thinking about how it all "combines" together, think about how each supports or doesn't support the other. In your example, a person with a "positive" progressed chart indicates that inwardly their energy is flowing well. While a person with a challenging transit chart with Uranus (rebellion) indicates that are sudden issues that come out in the outer world that affect them. Looking at these together... When the challenging outer world situations occur, the person's inner strength will help them get through those issues.

Supportively,

Tim

asianquasar

Zarathu... ah..there's a tertiary progression? <-- new to me :innocent:
As for planetary returns, are there any planets you 'ignore' or are all returns meaningful?

Thanks for your response! :smile:

I use secondary progressions to get an idea of the next 3-5 years of the person's challenges.

I then take the most significant houses and planets and move to looking at planetary returns to find the challenges in the most specific areas of the 2ndary progressed chart.

Then I might break it down further by looking at the sign series of the planetary return, the lunar return or the Tertiary progression.

Finally I might look at the persona charts for significant items in any of the above charts.