Theory: planets in fall & detriment vs. rulership & exhaltation

Kenoshamaensa

So we all know that, in event charts, it's good to avoid having a planet placed in its fall or detriment. But also, we often have limited windows FOR an event, due to real-life circumstances such as deadlines, insurmountably scheduling issues, etc.

So we can't wait for the ideal, just "the best we can do," and sometimes the stars are (mostly) against us.

That brings me to the importance of planet placement, and thoughts from others. The following are my questions:

1) IF the ONLY positive approaching aspects available in the time frame allowed would place one significator in either fall or detriment, from your personal experience reading charts, would you ...

1a) have the querent's significator be in fall or detriment, or the other significator? And yes, I realize "it would depend" is part of the equation, but as a general rule of thumb, which would you preference as being a stronger case for a querent?

1b) If one of the significators is significantly fast-moving for the time frame (e.g., the Moon, or even Mecury or Venus), and the options were ONLY "fall" or "detriment," which would you personally choose as the "least of evils"?

2) For slower moving planets like Jupiter and Saturn (and maybe Mars), which stay months, or years, in a sign, if the "matter" is particularly suited to one of them: education/publishing/religion for Jupiter, or banks/business for Saturn, or athletics/new ventures for Mars, BUT they are a sign of their fall or detriment ...

2a) Assuming they are making a positive approaching aspect with the other significator, would it still be advantageous to choose them as significator, rather than a "less appropriate" planet, regardless of their weakness by sign?

2b) And, if so, would you place them as the querent's significator, or the other's significator?

Again, I realize these all represent "not ideal" circumstances, but beggars can't always be choosers. :-D

So I'm looking for the "lesser of evils" in these various cases, based on others' experiences with event charts.

(Also, I'm assuming other major problems are NOT present in such charts, such as too early or too late a rising, Saturn in 7th, Moon void, Moon via combusta, etc.)

dr. farr

+I would never want to place the querent's significator in fall or detriment if I could help it; therefore in answer to 1A, I would choose to put the other significator in fall or detriment

+ question 1B, I would consider detriment the lesser of the 2 evils

+ regarding question 2A, my answer would be "yes

+regarding question 2B, I would place them as the other's significator, again going on the principle of always avoiding placing the querent's significator in debility, if at all possible.