Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 04-24-2020, 06:03 AM

Pluto Dominant?

Hello everyone,

I've been doing some digging into my chart, and am wondering if there's a way to tell if Pluto is a dominant energy in it? Pluto makes a few aspects to some of my personal planets (sextile Sun and Uranus, trine Moon, and opposite my Ascendant in Gemini). I've also got 5 planets in the 8th house (Sun, Mercury, Mars, Uranus, and Neptune) - I think this is a stellium?

I've used a few different sites to try and calculate dominant planets in a birth chart: astro.com, horoscopes.astro-seek.com, laratesting.us, 12andus, etc. However they all give me different results.

Hoping someone can help. I'll make sure to post my Natal Chart below.

astro.cafeastrology.com-Natal Chart Report.pdf

birth chart.jpg

Unread 04-24-2020, 04:30 PM

Re: Pluto Dominant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartOfstyx View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been doing some digging into my chart, and am wondering if there's a way to tell if Pluto is a dominant energy in it? Pluto makes a few aspects to some of my personal planets (sextile Sun and Uranus, trine Moon, and opposite my Ascendant in Gemini). I've also got 5 planets in the 8th house (Sun, Mercury, Mars, Uranus, and Neptune) - I think this is a stellium?

I've used a few different sites to try and calculate dominant planets in a birth chart: astro.com, horoscopes.astro-seek.com, laratesting.us, 12andus, etc. However they all give me different results.

Hoping someone can help. I'll make sure to post my Natal Chart below.

Attachment 85006

Attachment 85005
More like Saturn dominant.

What you probably think is Pluto is Saturn. Saturn is right on the MC, the highest planet in the chart. Saturn ultimately rules most of the planets in your chart, including your Ascendant ruler Mercury.
The Following User Says Thank You to sworm09 For This Useful Post:
Irisiel (04-24-2020)
Unread 04-24-2020, 04:59 PM

So is there a rule to determining the dominant planet, or a feeling? My Sun and ASC in Virgo suggest Mercury. But Saturn opposes them and is the handle to my bucket pattern. Oh, my MC is in Gemini: Mercury again.

Or is it the most aspected planet plus something else?
sworm09 (04-24-2020)
Unread 04-24-2020, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisiel View Post
So is there a rule to determining the dominant planet, or a feeling? My Sun and ASC in Virgo suggest Mercury. But Saturn opposes them and is the handle to my bucket pattern. Oh, my MC is in Gemini: Mercury again.

Or is it the most aspected planet plus something else?
I don't think there's a hard and fast rule, but I tend to focus on angularity, rulership, and aspect. If a planet rules most of the planets in the chart or the most important planets (Ascendant ruler, Sun, or Moon), and is very close to an angle, I'd say that planet is dominant.

I think the way you're doing is is right. You noticed the same planet popping up over and over again in different places. That emphasizes the planet not just in your personality, but also as being relevant to most areas of your life in some way. Jupiter dominantes my chart, but my personality isn't very Jupiterian. However Jupiterian themes of religion, philosophy, and spirituality have been important in my life for as long as I can remember.

Also planets can be dominant in certain areas of your life, but not others. My finances and emotions are very much dominated by Mars, but my romantic life is very much Saturn.
The Following User Says Thank You to sworm09 For This Useful Post:
Irisiel (04-24-2020)
Unread 04-24-2020, 05:08 PM

Thanks, Sworm09.

Now I have to go back into the above chart to parse "Saturn rules the ASC ruler Mercury." I'm a beginner and don't yet "think like that".
sworm09 (04-24-2020)

Tags
astrology chart readings, dominant, pluto, read my chart