Is this person narcissistic?

It is the mother of a 40 year old son who is still living at home.
I have strong suspicions the mother is narcissistic and egoistic towards her son since he can't build up a normal life because of her manipulations his whole life.
Are there any indications for narcissism in the chart?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_e_1.78143.116285.jpg
    astro_2gw_e_1.78143.116285.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 44
  • astro_2gw_e_1.78169.119079.pdf
    62 KB · Views: 23

waybread

Can you post the son's chart, as well? As the saying goes, it takes two to tango.

Also it looks like you have an accurate birth time for her. Correct?

Can you post the son's chart, as well? As the saying goes, it takes two to tango.

Also it looks like you have an accurate birth time for her. Correct?

For sure! The birth time is accurate.

Here is the chart of the son.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_a.46041.47053.pdf
    62.3 KB · Views: 73
  • astro_2gw_a.46035.46766.jpg
    astro_2gw_a.46035.46766.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 30

Zora

Account Closed
It is the mother of a 40 year old son who is still living at home. I have strong suspicions the mother is narcissistic and egoistic towards her son since he can't build up a normal life because of her manipulations his whole life. Are there any indications for narcissism in the chart?

In which relationship are you with this person here ? Do you have the permission of this woman to discuss her chart here according to your suspicions of "her so called narcissism" with full DOB world-wide readable ? Would you like to surprisingly see your own chart with full DOB and TOB in here - opened for a discussion mainly onesided directed like this ?

If a 40 years old man is not able to make his own choice for his own life and to leave mother and home and to stay on own feet .....it is not and no longer about his mother. It is about himself.

His childhood is over and if he was able to leave his formerly used diapers behind him - he could do with other subjects and issues of his own life as well......if it his own and real free will- to get out of a past child comfortzone.

In fact nobody will be able to stop that and/or him as an adult 40 years old person now.

Zora

Account Closed
And why is your own chart with complete DOB and TOB not in here ?

To enable people here to see the whole story and the complete picture. And how you are looking on this person from your personal chart and what is your general personal view out of your chart energies to think and to look on other people and how you can be reached by informations and help from outside.

waybread

Blair, I hesitate to call this woman a narcissist, although a psychologist who evaluated her might feel more competent to make a clinical diagnosis. Astrology developed long before modern psychology.

But I would say she has "issues." People born in 1947 (like my ex-husband) have Saturn conjunct Pluto. I don't think it caused most of them many problems, but Mom's sun (identity, self-image) conjuncts Saturn-Pluto in the 12th house. Control is probably an ongoing concern with her; yet the 12th house indicates matters normally hidden from the person's view, even though they may be highly visible to everyone else. Probably she doesn't see herself as controlling, and may even feel victimized by life.

With her moon in the 4th house, motherhood and home are probably very important to her.

The son also has a 4th-12th house emphasis. He's probably a home-body who feels happiest away from the public eye.

His moon at 17 degrees of Scorpio exactly conjuncts Mom's Jupiter, so probably he is very fond of her.

I think the son probably has difficulty in relating to other adult women, with Venus square Pluto and moon square Mars. He's also got Chiron in the 7th house. Maybe he tried a few romantic overtures to women in the past, and when they didn't work out, this part of him just shut down to minimize the pain.

I don't think it's fair to blame Mom entirely for her son's living arrangements. He's an adult capable of making different choices-- if he wants them.

Kite

It is the mother of a 40 year old son who is still living at home.
I have strong suspicions the mother is narcissistic and egoistic towards her son since he can't build up a normal life because of her manipulations his whole life.
Are there any indications for narcissism in the chart?

Aren't all Leos a little narcissistic? I read her Leo planets in the 1st house with the whole sign approach so yes - she's a bit dramatic. What's telling is that the ruler of her 5th house of children is Jupiter which is in her 4th house of home. The Moon is also there in detriment (Scorpio) and anaretic (30th degree) so she has issues especially as they square Pluto and Saturn in Leo in the first. So possessiveness comes to mind more than narcissism.

His chart puts Mom (ruler of the 4th house) exhalted in his 1st house in Libra conjunct his expansive Jupiter. His mom is high on a pedestal. His Moon shows up in detrimental Scorpio as well in the 2nd house - possessing Mom as I read it. The squares Mars and Mercury in his 4th also which suggests lots of drama as he wants the independence of Aquarius but doesn't seem to want it enough to move out.

There is the upcoming square to his Sun and South Node from where is conjuncts with Chiron in his 8th house. Perhaps this will shake him from his comfortable situation with Mom. I hope you're not planning to kill her ;-)