If a person has Venus in Gemini

ChildOfVenus

And they are in a relationship with someone who they have Mercury square Mercury with. Will they end up leaving? Being as though communication can be difficult at times? This is what I was told but I want to know other people’s opinions about this.

agnes11

I have Venus and Mercury in Gemini, and in the last relationship we had Mercury opposition Mercury. This guys communication really annoyed me - I felt like he didn't listen at all, he kept coming up with ideas he had no grounds for and wouldn't follow up on them. Unbearable. But then also, my Saturn was in his third house, so my more intellectual proficiency had a negative reinforcing effect on him.
It did make me feel intellectually disconnected which is a huge no-no for me.
However, there were other really bad aspects between us in the composite which is why it didn't work out.
Even more unbearable for me was my other ex, with Mercury in Cancer, who would seethe in silence and would not talk to me at all. Now that's torture for a Gemini Venus/Mercury!

JUPITERASC

And they are in a relationship with someone who they have Mercury square Mercury with.
Will they end up leaving?
Being as though communication can be difficult at times?
This is what I was told but I want to know other people’s opinions about this.
More than a billion people worldwide
are in a relationship with someone who they have Mercury square Mercury with :smile:
HOWEVER
although generalisation is fun, it is notoriously unreliable
because
for example
without viewing their natal chart compared with your natal chart
it is impossible to form a reliable opinion
because
your Mercury msy be in any one of twelve signs
same goes for their Mercury
and that makes a difference

ChildOfVenus

I have Venus and Mercury in Gemini, and in the last relationship we had Mercury opposition Mercury. This guys communication really annoyed me - I felt like he didn't listen at all, he kept coming up with ideas he had no grounds for and wouldn't follow up on them. Unbearable. But then also, my Saturn was in his third house, so my more intellectual proficiency had a negative reinforcing effect on him.
It did make me feel intellectually disconnected which is a huge no-no for me.
However, there were other really bad aspects between us in the composite which is why it didn't work out.
Even more unbearable for me was my other ex, with Mercury in Cancer, who would seethe in silence and would not talk to me at all. Now that's torture for a Gemini Venus/Mercury!
But wouldn’t the Saturn person be able to help the 3rd house person in regards to communication? I can see how it could be a issue though. I have Mercury in Aries and yes Mercury in Cancer can be a little annoying sometimes. Especially when they don’t express themselves. But I know you have to go easy with them. Their voice is so relaxing and soothing. I don’t like earth Mercuries though especially Mercury in Taurus. I love Mercury in Sagitarius they make me laugh lol.

Last edited:

ChildOfVenus

More than a billion people worldwide
are in a relationship with someone who they have Mercury square Mercury with :smile:
HOWEVER
although generalisation is fun, it is notoriously unreliable
because
for example
without viewing their natal chart compared with your natal chart
it is impossible to form a reliable opinion
because
your Mercury msy be in any one of twelve signs
same goes for their Mercury
and that makes a difference
I know the signs that’s how I know it’s a square.

JUPITERASC

I know the signs that’s how I know it’s a square.
obviously
HOWEVER
billions worldwide
are in successful relationships
with a partner whose natal Mercury squares their natal Mercury
clearly
the generalisation that you say you were told
is fun to speculate but unfortunatley unreliable

i.e.
And they are in a relationship with someone

who they have Mercury square Mercury with.

Will they end up leaving?

Being as though communication can be difficult at times?
This is what I was told

but I want to know other people’s opinions about this.
to be clear then
the fact is that the location of the sign ruler of Mercury :smile:
as well as its aspects
are the important factor
NOT whether square

agnes11

But wouldn’t the Saturn person be able to help the 3rd house person in regards to communication? I can see how it could be a issue though. I have Mercury in Aries and yes Mercury in Cancer can be a little annoying sometimes. Especially when they don’t express themselves. But I know you have to go easy with them. Their voice is so relaxing and soothing. I don’t like earth Mercuries though especially Mercury in Taurus. I love Mercury in Sagitarius they make me laugh lol.

My Saturn in his 3rd house - I really looked down on his way of communicating and his language abilities, the way he pronounced words, and which words he chose. I would constantly correct his pronunciation, and was annoyed by his lack of vocabulary.

As a Venus in Gemini, I want to learn all the time, especially from the person I'm with. If there's nothing for me to learn or discuss, I lose interest. So in this case, I had nothing to learn from him due to his communication/language "problems". I really need someone who is capable of fast exchange and highly intellectual talk.
Tbh, I really feel at home with others who have prominent Gemini placements. We can exchange ideas infinitely!

ChildOfVenus

obviously
HOWEVER
billions worldwide
are in successful relationships
with a partner whose natal Mercury squares their natal Mercury
clearly
the generalisation that you say you were told
is fun to speculate but unfortunatley unreliable

i.e.

to be clear then
the fact is that the location of the sign ruler of Mercury :smile:
as well as its aspects
are the important factor
NOT whether square

I understand :) His Mercury is in my 11th house and my Mercury is in his 10th house.

I think Mercury in the 11th house makes for good communication.

Mercury in a partner's eleventh house

When your Mercury is in your partner's eleventh house, you have a friendly intellectual rapport. You will find your partner very willing to think and talk about his or her personal goals for the future. When your relationship partner’s Mercury is in your eleventh house, you find that you share ideas and interests in community affairs, political or social issues. You will feel encouraged to freely discuss your visions for humanity, learn more about the latest scientific innovations, and join with groups of likeminded people where you can freely converse about your bright new ideas.

ChildOfVenus

My Saturn in his 3rd house - I really looked down on his way of communicating and his language abilities, the way he pronounced words, and which words he chose. I would constantly correct his pronunciation, and was annoyed by his lack of vocabulary.

As a Venus in Gemini, I want to learn all the time, especially from the person I'm with. If there's nothing for me to learn or discuss, I lose interest. So in this case, I had nothing to learn from him due to his communication/language "problems". I really need someone who is capable of fast exchange and highly intellectual talk.
Tbh, I really feel at home with others who have prominent Gemini placements. We can exchange ideas infinitely!

Do you find that you have good communication with people who you have things in common with? I have Mars in Gemini so I can relate my Mars makes a wide conjunction to their Venus. I thought that would help being as though my Mars is compatible with their Venus.

JUPITERASC

I understand :)

His Mercury is in my 11th house
and my Mercury is in his 10th house.
you have not stated
the sign of these 11th and 10th house Mercurys :smile:
I think Mercury in the 11th house makes for good communication.
Mercury in a partner's eleventh house
When your Mercury is in your partner's eleventh house, you have a friendly intellectual rapport. You will find your partner very willing to think and talk about his or her personal goals for the future. When your relationship partner’s Mercury is in your eleventh house, you find that you share ideas and interests in community affairs, political or social issues. You will feel encouraged to freely discuss your visions for humanity, learn more about the latest scientific innovations, and join with groups of likeminded people where you can freely converse about your bright new ideas.

JUPITERASC

Mine is Mercury in Aries and his is Mercury in Cancer.
My Mars being in the same sign and conjunct his Venus wouldn't make a difference?
so then check aspects from Aries ruler MARS
and also
from Cancer ruler Moon

i.e.
which planets your Mars aspects
which planets his Moon aspects

sign location of Moon
Sign location of Mars
and so on and so forth :smile:

agnes11

Do you find that you have good communication with people who you have things in common with? I have Mars in Gemini so I can relate my Mars makes a wide conjunction to their Venus. I thought that would help being as though my Mars is compatible with their Venus.
Mars conj Venus is certainly amazing! How is your composite chart? I find the composite mercury to be a really great indicator for communication satisfaction!

ChildOfVenus

Mars conj Venus is certainly amazing! How is your composite chart? I find the composite mercury to be a really great indicator for communication satisfaction!

I know Mars conjunct Venus is nice but the conjunction is pretty wide it's 9 degrees but I think it still counts. In the composite chart we have Sun trine Moon, Venus trine Uranus, Sun conjunct Mercury, Mercury sextile ASC a wide trine between Moon and Mercury. We also have Venus trine Neptune, Venus sextile Mars, Venus opposition Pluto and Moon square Jupiter. But there are oppositions to Mars from Neptune, Uranus and Saturn.