pluto, 8th house, and scorpio. Extasis and despair

Hello,

How is the potential for the relationship considering the strong emphasis in Pluto, scorpio and 8th house?

After the 2nd date we were in love. The next day I felt pain in my heart and a desperate need to run away. Like dying, inexplicably... After 3 weeks we are now in a relationship, and it was his initiative.

Nobody ever touched me in such a spiritual way, and emotionally and physically at the same time. His magnetism is so intense I'm afraid to give space to an unhealthy situation, though I feel we are kind of old souls, starting from the scratch again, open to healing.
I'm absolutely scared and fascinated. The feeling is so instinctive, deep, transcendental and oceanic at the same time...

He is a scorpio, with scorpio ascendant and pluto in scorpio conjunct mercury in scorpio. :pouty:
My pluto is in conjunction to his moon and mars, and my venus, mercury and pratically sun are in his 8th house. My uranus in scorpio, ruler of my ascendant, is in conjunction with his sun...

We both have mars in conjunction to moon in our natal charts. And strong mars contacts in the synastry.

Is this a dangerous or a healing situation? :unsure:I'm lost, but I don't want to be a coward and close my heart only for fear... I love him, and he says he loves me...

Thank you very much for the attention,

Attachments

• synastry1.jpg
    synastry1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 32

ashriia

I am not an expert with synastry at all. But I'm not seeing the strong emphasis on scorpio and pluto, but rather a strong emphasis on Jupiter.

I was curious about your connection with this person, so i pulled up a composite chart to look at too.

I am wondering if that desperate need to run away was because of your Jupiter in conjunction with his SN in synastry. That's an interesting conjunction to have in a relationship, IMO. Also since you natally have venus opposite neptune, and in your composite chart neptune is rising in the 1st house square venus in the 9th. I think it would be in your best interest to take things slow, to really see your partner and give him a chance to really get to know you. Since there is definitely a theme of rose-colored glasses going on in both the synastry and composite charts. Not to say this relationship is not going to work though. Just that you might not be seeing your partner clearly, or he not seeing you clearly.

Some other things i took note of is.. your venus conjunct his vertex/chiron from the 5th to the 8th house. Also in the composite jupiter is found in cancer in the 7th and the ascendant is Sag too. Seems like a jupiter emphasis all around.

perhaps some other members can give more insight, my skills with relational charts are at the beginning level at best.

Posting a composite for this kind of thing is a good idea too, since it offers much more of the story, than a synastry chart can.

all the best:smile:

kimbermoon

I would say that this could well be a relationship for the purposes of 'healing' , since your Pluto conjuncts his Moon/Mars; Pluto is about transformation and metamorphosis that comes through intense self-analysis and discovery but it depends on who is orchestrating the symphony . There are lessons to be learned for each in this case. Are you committed to a long-term relationship here, despite potential crises that may come your way? This pairing falls in your 9th, which is about the attainment of a higher consciousness and awareness, and spiritual connections; Pluto often relates to karmic attachments and the need for psychological healing. Of course he is magnetic and mesmerizing, with Pluto conjunct his ASC, but you need to be watchful about suspiciousness and secrets; jealousies, obsessions and power struggles are often involved with Scorpio themes. That must be the first priority for you, in ensuring that equality reigns in the relationship and not allow any control issues or power plays to adversely affect the relationship.
Your Venus with Chiron in his chart is another sign of connections relating to healing...still your Suns express in very different ways, and the air/water mix could be disruptive; the contact between your Venus and his Mars is the thing that has brought you together, but you need to realize that your values and expectations in life are diametrically opposed, and the difference between Gemini and Sagittarius can indicate different levels of intellect and education which can make you more susceptible to being dominated by an overblown ego; mental compatibility is important to any relationship.
You really need to avoid dominance and emotional manipulation, which Scorpio is adept at doing, in their intense concerns about power and control. Yes the Scorpio energy can be almost mystical and intense and passionate, but it is also associated with the potential for serious negativity. It is also of concern that you immediately got the sense of 'needing to get away' and this was obviously an intuitive and instinctive reaction, which may need to be considered. The thrill of romance is of course very exciting, but you have probably not experienced him at his worst, when his anger or resentment flares up. Mars afflicted in Libra comes with it's own set of complexes and needs.
I would be concerned about the polarities shown in the composite and the influence of Neptune: also his dynamic involving Mars/Moon and Jupiter in his chart can create instability...
The theme in such dynamics, and especially with Scorpio, can often end up being a situation between 'victim and victimizer' and that too you must be attentive to, by making sure that your own personal power is not diminished by this individual. The thrill of romance is of course very exciting, but you have probably not experienced him at his worst, when his anger or resentment flares up. You would really benefit from a more in-depth analysis of this synastry, which again does involve some time.

Ashriia and Kimbermoon,

I can't thank you enough for all the information you brought to my reflections.

It is totally true the Jupiter emphasis. It is very clear, that's why I didn't mention it. We are both foreigners living abroad! We met basically because I'm very passionate about his native language and other aspects of his culture, and he is very interested in languages as well. We are always learning things together, we have a very lively interaction.
He's settled and don't have plans to go back to his country. But I'm travelling and will leave in 1 year and a few months. I'll move to his country, he won't go back with me. Everything will be probably over :(.

Maybe this is the Venus/ neptune recurrent afliction, because even if our connection looks perfect and sublime at a certain degree, I know that we don't have the strength to keep the relationship going and our personal goals at the same time. It is certain a disappointment something so wonderful prove itself so weak when it's time to face reality. Our love might remain platonic after that, because many circumstances will make the relationship unviable.

Regarding one of Pluto themes, there's another coincidence, that connected us straight way. Living abroad was a decision that we made after similar events happened in our lives. We both had one of the darkest moments of our lives before leaving home. At the same time we lost our fathers, we ended the only meaningful long-term relationship we had. We both are now, apparently, at the end of a rebuilding period of solitude.

I was also wondering if we could handle this powerful and scary intensity in a good way, since his scorpio planets are not afflicted in his chart. On my part, my pluto only trines my venus, aside from the generational sextile with neptune. I'm always trying to forgive and let go the past and deal philosophically with loss and death. With my mercury in cancer in trine his mercury in scorpio, we have a bit of telepathic communication as well, and I always observe with admiration the conscious and skilled changes of intonation, voice volume and the gestures he uses to conduct the situations. It's creepy though.

Thanks again, folks :)