What tends to happen with a badly aspected Mercury with not a single good aspect?

katydid

So Mercury is the midpoint of a Mars/Pluto opposition. It is the apex of a T-square between Moon/Mars opposed Pluto?

So Merc is in Leo? And in the middle of that tense Moon/Mars/Pluto? :ninja:

Mercury might be overly sensitive, take things too personally? Pride, or too much pride, might be an issue at times. False pride, covering up insecurity and pain? :alien:

The inconjunction to Uranus in Cap, brings in the unconscious urge to rebel. Sudden flashes of anarchy/chaos/rebellion shoot through your brain, but you shut them down, 98% of the time.

Last edited:

katydid

So your mercury has evolved as you matured. The fact that you seriously looked into your natal chart and took the time to really decipher it says a lot about your ability to transform.

Mars opposed Pluto DEMANDS transformation. Otherwise, you die a tragic death. lol:alien:

hello i know i'm late but i am the same! my mercury is in libra in 12th house (talk about the worst placement lol) with zero positive aspect:
mercury square moon (in cancer in 9th house) = 0°
mercury square uranus (in capricorn in 3rd house) = 7°
mercury square neptune (in capricorn in 3rd house) = 3°
mercury inconjunct saturn (in pisces in 5th house) = 1°

for me personally i feel the mercury square moon the most (maybe since it's almost exact) so it's almost like my mind is always racing along with my emotions and it's so exhausting. i'm also very indecisive to the point of annoying even myself. i also feel like i'm often misunderstood because of how i communicate, or regretting how i come across after a conversation, then torturing myself with thoughts like "why didn't i say that earlier" or "why did i say that" etc. similar to the mercury inconjunct saturn: "you think of all the choice comebacks you could have said, but by then it's too late. you tend to look on the dark side of life and you're often in a pessimistic or depressed frame of mind." the latter sentence relates to my mercury square uranus and neptune. i found some articles that spoke of mental illness with this sort of placement and i do have depression and anxiety so it's pretty spot-on. it's hard but i'm still trying to deal with it. it's a constant battle for sure!

That’s just a fact. Not thought out and doesn’t matter if it’s generalized.

Just some stuff on "bad" aspects to Mercury if you are wiling to learn.

My Mercury is in the 6th house Virgo, which is the house of "perfectionist", though i'm never perfect.. to myself i never will be.

Mars square Mercury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3803b-gW4A4

Remember what she says about Jupiter, i have this exalted but has no contact to Mercury which is my lower mind.

Pluto square Mercury.

A comment on that video stands out "I have mercury in virgo square pluto it feels like everyone around you is stupid and can't understand anything on the deeper level lol" And i will tell you it's also inwards to we don't see ourself as perfection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0cjmmggXIY

Pluto trines Jupiter and Sun, so Pluto aids the higher learning side of the mind.

AppLeo

I said you have warped thought processes. You, yourself isn’t warped.

Mars-Mercury for example means that you talk to fast and are easily angered

AppLeo

Pluto-Mercury means that your mind is easily paranoid and you use a lot of manipulation and control in the way you communicate.

I said you have warped thought processes. You, yourself isn’t warped.

Mars-Mercury for example means that you talk to fast and are easily angered

I can sometimes yeah, i also reply very fast.. notice how quick my replies to you are.. i also get impatient sometimes when people do not return answers when i contact them or don't pick up on the phone etc.

Instead i put something in my brain like, maybe they are busy instead of just getting mentally mad.

People will have a different experience of me depending on relationship to me, i can talk VERY slow and meaningfully with more intimate people and even struggle to find words .. perhaps that is Mercury Square Moon where Moon kind of clouds Mercury and blocks it off a bit when such feelings are felt so intensely inside of me, which is something i have observed about myself with a recent person.

Animatrix

That’s good, Cancer.

One of my intellectual idols had only bad aspects to his Mercury. And he wrote like 50 books and was incredibly intelligent and smart, really innovative actually.

So a badly aspected Mercury does not automatically indicate stupidity.
I've seen stupid people having well aspected Mercuries.

It's quite a mystery actually.

AppLeo

One of my intellectual idols had only bad aspects to his Mercury. And he wrote like 50 books and was incredibly intelligent and smart, really innovative actually.

So a badly aspected Mercury does not automatically indicate stupidity.
I've seen stupid people having well aspected Mercuries.

It's quite a mystery actually.

Yeah but when you have badly aspected mercuries it means that you struggle to communicate properly and take in information properly (which can then make someone smart because they have to put in effort). It doesn't necessarily make someone stupid.

Chrysalis

Yeah but when you have badly aspected mercuries it means that you struggle to communicate properly and take in information properly (which can then make someone smart because they have to put in effort). It doesn't necessarily make someone stupid.

Apps, very on point.

A certain guy has his moon square his mercury and he totally doesnt know how to communicate, and its p****** me off big time right now. As i like a nice flow of communication, not yes/no's or no convo at all, its so irritating for me.

In synastry though we have my merc sextile his merc/and jupiter, so i dnt know whats going on, must be that both our mercurys are retrograde :sideways: