Can you guess my profession (3)

tsmall

Premium Member
Recently we've had a bit of fun with these, and I'd like to thank chris10 and Cypocryphy for giving us the idea. This time, the profession isn't mine, but someone I know very well. (Yes, per forum rules the chart is anonymized and even then I do have permission to post. :smile:)

So, if anyone is interested in playing, see if you can figure out what this person does? The only hint I will give is that it isn't just a job/career, it is also a calling...

8111023266_ee035c6a0d_c.jpg

Moog

I'll give it a bash.

Prison chaplain? Or psychologist?

Or perhaps some kind of advocate for the rights of the institutionalised.

I'll show my workings out if I'm anywhere close.

tsmall

Premium Member
I'll give it a bash.

Prison chaplain? Or psychologist?

Or perhaps some kind of advocate for the rights of the institutionalised.

I'll show my workings out if I'm anywhere close.

Moog, you are very much on the right track. Stick with your last thought, and yes, show your workings out...

Moog

Moog, you are very much on the right track. Stick with your last thought, and yes, show your workings out...

Okay, well he has a cluster of important planets in the 12th, including (sidereal) 1st and 10th ruler. 10th ruler is the most obvious place to look with career, but isn't always the thing.

The 12th certainly is a focal point for a lot of what's happening in the chart.

Mars ruling the 12th is in the 3rd. That's the reason why I say 'advocate for the rights of the institutionalised'. The 3rd house relates to communication, writing, media, broadcasting etc. I have a gap in my imagination about how else that could work... so advocate it is.

I also reckon that the Moon in the 5th is important to the career, since Mars rules that too. My brain isn't reconciling the 12th-ness of the rest of the chart with the 3rdness of publicised information and the 5th-ness of stage and show and celebrity.

Saturn in the 6 is a position for service and ministry, and he's also aspecting the 12th, and his ruler (Venus) is in the 12th too.

Last edited:

Zuri

Using astrologer Noel Tyl's vocational profiling approach:

His Midheaven is in Scorpio (investigation, intensity), ruled by the planet Pluto. His Pluto is positioned in Libra (diplomacy, balance) in the 8th House of Reincarnation. This brings transformational issues and possibly other people's money into the career mix.

His Sun is conjunct his Midheaven, which suggests being in a position of authority and possibly working with the public. In his natal chart, the Sun rules his 8th House of Reincarnation (via Leo). This further brings transformational issues and possibly other people's money into the career mix.

Moon is opposite his Midheaven, so he may have trouble balancing his home life and career. The Moon rules his 7th House of Partnerships (via Cancer), which introduces social relationships into the career mix.

Mars is trine his Midheaven, so he works hard in his career. Mars rules his 3rd House of Communications (via Aries), which brings communications skills into the career mix.

Jupiter is semi-sextile his Midheaven, so he has a good and expansive attitude about his career. Jupiter rules his 12th House of Self-Undoing (via Sagittarius), which brings large public institutions and altruism into the career mix.

Saturn is quincunx his Midheaven, so he may have to make some career changes. Saturn rules his 1st House of Self (via Capricorn), which brings his self-identity into the career mix.

His North Node squares his Midheaven, which suggests some life destiny issues to work out in relation to his career.

His Part of Fortune is trine his Midheaven, which brings benefits to his career.

Vocational Profile: Your friend's career likely involves: transformational issues and/or other people's money, social relationships, him utilizing his communications skills in his daily work, plays to his self-identity in some way, and altruism, channeled through some large public institution (hospital, prison, etc.).

With his Part of Fortune in the 6th House of public service, I doubt that he is managing other people's money. I think his career focus instead involves transformational issues. Perhaps he is a counselor of some sort?

tsmall

Premium Member
Using astrologer Noel Tyl's vocational profiling approach:

His Midheaven is in Scorpio (investigation, intensity), ruled by the planet Pluto. His Pluto is positioned in Libra (diplomacy, balance) in the 8th House of Reincarnation. This brings transformational issues and possibly other people's money into the career mix.

His Sun is conjunct his Midheaven, which suggests being in a position of authority and possibly working with the public. In his natal chart, the Sun rules his 8th House of Reincarnation (via Leo). This further brings transformational issues and possibly other people's money into the career mix.

Moon is opposite his Midheaven, so he may have trouble balancing his home life and career. The Moon rules his 7th House of Partnerships (via Cancer), which introduces social relationships into the career mix.

Mars is trine his Midheaven, so he works hard in his career. Mars rules his 3rd House of Communications (via Aries), which brings communications skills into the career mix.

Jupiter is semi-sextile his Midheaven, so he has a good and expansive attitude about his career. Jupiter rules his 12th House of Self-Undoing (via Sagittarius), which brings large public institutions and altruism into the career mix.

Saturn is quincunx his Midheaven, so he may have to make some career changes. Saturn rules his 1st House of Self (via Capricorn), which brings his self-identity into the career mix.

His North Node squares his Midheaven, which suggests some life destiny issues to work out in relation to his career.

His Part of Fortune is trine his Midheaven, which brings benefits to his career.

Vocational Profile: Your friend's career likely involves: transformational issues and/or other people's money, social relationships, him utilizing his communications skills in his daily work, plays to his self-identity in some way, and altruism, channeled through some large public institution (hospital, prison, etc.).

With his Part of Fortune in the 6th House of public service, I doubt that he is managing other people's money. I think his career focus instead involves transformational issues. Perhaps he is a counselor of some sort?

Zuri, you are on the right track, but your cars are in a different race. Now skip what Noel Tyl has to say, and read the chart. Yourself. What do you think this person does? And why? What do the planets say to you? I think you have it...trust your own judgement of the chart.

Zuri

I thought I was reading the chart myself....

The Part of Fortune is in the 6th House of public service, so I do think this guy is in a profession that serves the public in some way. His 10th House and 11th House have a lot of activity. If he's not a counselor, then he could be involved in politics (10th House, especially with his Midheaven in power-oriented Scorpio and the Scorpio stellium in the house of government). Or, he works for a humanitarian group (11th House) that's possibly international in nature because of the two Sagittarius planets in that House.

I'm not seeing a religion-oriented career, because of Uranus (rebellion) in that 9th House. That suggests that this guy isn't particularly religious.

Seasoul

My thoughts are along the lines of Moog's. I was thinking a social worker, particularly children and families.

I'm very much an amateur on astrology, but I thought this may be down to sun conjunct MC in scorpio and part of fortune conjunct DC in cancer - self feels drawn to nurture outwith self using processes that involve deep investigation. Venus and mercury conjunct in scorpio in the 10th, the "calling" to others involves relationships and communication (what many families in the social work service require to hone).

This question is totally out my depth, but we don't get anywhere if we don't try!

Last edited:

Seasoul

One other thing, and I may be way off with this as I am looking to fit this idea into the chart now rather than the other way around, which isn't great practice, I know, but jupiter in the 11th house of other people's children opposing saturn in the 5th, may indicate a responsibility to bring creative change.

lejla

Healer of some sort? Not traditional medicine. Healing women especially?
I'm not sure about counceling, diplomacy is the word that somehow fits better, but I think that this person is deaing with something more concrete than words... Energies? Movement?
Let me know if this makes any sense.

L

Cypocryphy

(I decided to do something different with this one. I did not use the tropical zodiac; instead, I used Sidereal, to test it, to see whether we are governed by the changing constellations rather than the procession of the equinox [although the changing constellations will be so drastically different in the coming millennia because of star migration that I suppose it does not really matter, so perhaps it is as Dane Rudhyar really says].

Looking at the ascendant (which happens to be Sagittarius rising), and the Sun and Moon placement, along with the vibrational contact with other planets, I can see this: There is a predominance of fire and Sagitarrian energy, so it will be unlikely that this individual would be satisfied with a job that would not allow mobility or some form of dynamism. A desk job would be out of the question. Furthermore, the energy of said individual will require a profession in which communicative contact is essential.

Additionally, because of the Sun's harmonious contact with the ascendant, it further strengthens the individuals need to work with many, within or among large groups. There is a strong sense of rectifying wrongs, of turning negatives into positives and ensuring that people are not harmed or taken advantage of. And being in the tenth house, it too signifies a need for vocational freedom in the sense of having a high level of autonomy. Also, the Sun is in Libra, the sign of its fall. It is also peregrine. This creates a situation where this individual must be cautions not to lose one's self in working relationships or taking work home. This is further supported by a lack of earth in said individual's "chemistry." Sometimes, setting boundaries might be a challenge.

The Moon is in the fourth house, aspecting the ascendant, which signifies a need to work close to home and to not allow work to spoil one's home life. The home is very important to this individual, so it is unlikely that this job would require large commutes or traveling to other cities, states or countries. I can tentatively rule out business executive, advertising consultant, etc.

The job may be one that was found by means of referral by a friend (networking), or it might be one that was wished for since early childhood and realized later in life---a life long dream fulfilled, perhaps.

Thus, with the Sun in the tenth house, ruled by Libra, which is also in the tenth, but in Scorpio, there can be seen a drive to create healing relationships. This individual is a healer of relationships, between people or between themselves, in the sense of healing a hurt ego. This individual may travel around (short distances) because of a need for the profession to be dynamic, as was sated earlier. This could entail working at several offices or locations. This will be a profession whereby the individual works with many people or in groups.

This individual is a counselor. With the manner in which the Moon is operating, along with the influence of Mercury, the Sun and the Ascendant, counseling is the predominate theme. He could be a marriage counselor, motivational speaker, drug and alcohol counselor or even a business counselor, as is shown by the strong Saturnian, earthy influence of the second house. Nonetheless, the theme is Venusian, therefore I say it is a counseling position focused on healing relationships: marriage counselor or drug and alcohol counselor, since Neptune is influencing the picture.

lejla

I just noticed Saturn.
I'd like to stick with my "healer". Initially I missed the discipline in the chart which is why I thaguht that the person would not be an artist. A sucesfull artist that is. Without this Saturn placement, he could still be a wannabe artist. Looking at the whole chart - he might use some sort of art form in acheaving whatever he does, and what he does is I belive "helaing" in one way or another.
By the way I think that your frined is an amazing cook. I could see this person being a chef or creating some... Actually! :) Is he? Is he healing people with food?

tsmall

Premium Member
I just noticed Saturn.
I'd like to stick with my "healer". Initially I missed the discipline in the chart which is why I thaguht that the person would not be an artist. A sucesfull artist that is. Without this Saturn placement, he could still be a wannabe artist. Looking at the whole chart - he might use some sort of art form in acheaving whatever he does, and what he does is I belive "helaing" in one way or another.
By the way I think that your frined is an amazing cook. I could see this person being a chef or creating some... Actually! :) Is he? Is he healing people with food?

lejla, wow. :) Let's see, no, he isn't an exceptional cook, though just lately he is getting better. I think I can safely say, because it isn't his career or profession, that you have found one of his passions. This person has within the last couple of years has become evangellical about food, and eating a primal diet. And the purpose of his passion is that wheat causes constant irritation to the gut which leads to all kinds of illnesses. Eliminate wheat (and other things) and you can indeed "heal" yourself. And when I say evangellical, I mean he talks to everbody about it. :lol:

The roots of this passion do stem from his younger years, because this person's one of two majors in college was exercise physiology. Like a lot of people, his profession does not involve that part of his degree...

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
I thought I was reading the chart myself....

The Part of Fortune is in the 6th House of public service, so I do think this guy is in a profession that serves the public in some way. His 10th House and 11th House have a lot of activity. If he's not a counselor, then he could be involved in politics (10th House, especially with his Midheaven in power-oriented Scorpio and the Scorpio stellium in the house of government). Or, he works for a humanitarian group (11th House) that's possibly international in nature because of the two Sagittarius planets in that House.

I'm not seeing a religion-oriented career, because of Uranus (rebellion) in that 9th House. That suggests that this guy isn't particularly religious.

Zuri, correct. This guy grew up going to Church but is in fact atheist.

I have highlighted the parts that are accurate. He is not a counselor. His Venus is in Scorpio (her detriment) in 11th, conjunct Mercury, who takes on the nature of the planets he is with. He has a difficult time understanding interpersonal relationships and is not very good at picking up on verbal and non-verbal clues and then being able to respond to them. He has been taken advantage of by friends close to him in the past. Because he isn't good at understanding where interpersonal tensions come from, he avoids conflict whenever possible.

But I think you are onto something with the rest of it. :)

tsmall

Premium Member
(I decided to do something different with this one. I did not use the tropical zodiac; instead, I used Sidereal, to test it, to see whether we are governed by the changing constellations rather than the procession of the equinox [although the changing constellations will be so drastically different in the coming millennia because of star migration that I suppose it does not really matter, so perhaps it is as Dane Rudhyar really says].

Looking at the ascendant (which happens to be Sagittarius rising), and the Sun and Moon placement, along with the vibrational contact with other planets, I can see this: There is a predominance of fire and Sagitarrian energy, so it will be unlikely that this individual would be satisfied with a job that would not allow mobility or some form of dynamism. A desk job would be out of the question. Furthermore, the energy of said individual will require a profession in which communicative contact is essential.

:lol: This individual tried a desk or cubical profession. It was less than satisfactory.

Additionally, because of the Sun's harmonious contact with the ascendant, it further strengthens the individuals need to work with many, within or among large groups. There is a strong sense of rectifying wrongs, of turning negatives into positives and ensuring that people are not harmed or taken advantage of. And being in the tenth house, it too signifies a need for vocational freedom in the sense of having a high level of autonomy.

This observation will be true regardless of the zodiac used (I like looking at charts in both because sometimes one can show something more easily than the other, at least to me.) The need for vocational freedom is definately very strong with this person. If I used modern planets (I study traditional astrology but try not to completely discount anything) I could point out that in whole signs Uranus sits squarely in the 10th.

Also, the Sun is in Libra, the sign of its fall. It is also peregrine. This creates a situation where this individual must be cautions not to lose one's self in working relationships or taking work home. This is further supported by a lack of earth in said individual's "chemistry." Sometimes, setting boundaries might be a challenge.

As an aside, some traditional sources would say that the Sun cannot be peregrine in any sign from Leo to the end of Capricorn because that is the solar half of the zodiac. Similarly, the Moon would not be peregrine in any sign from Aquarius through Cancer. This makes sense when the reason given was that the Sun is considered to be in it's own terms/bounds in the solar half.

I think the dynamic between work and home that you have noticed here is futher supported by the opposition of the Sun conjunct the MC and the Moon conjunct the IC. This can set up a push-pull which would make it hard to find a way to balance the two. Giving to one takes from the other.

The Moon is in the fourth house, aspecting the ascendant, which signifies a need to work close to home and to not allow work to spoil one's home life. The home is very important to this individual, so it is unlikely that this job would require large commutes or traveling to other cities, states or countries. I can tentatively rule out business executive, advertising consultant, etc.

Working close to home is very accurate, lol...but one needs to further define business executive...

The job may be one that was found by means of referral by a friend (networking), or it might be one that was wished for since early childhood and realized later in life---a life long dream fulfilled, perhaps.

:joyful::joyful::joyful:

Thus, with the Sun in the tenth house, ruled by Libra, which is also in the tenth, but in Scorpio, there can be seen a drive to create healing relationships. This individual is a healer of relationships, between people or between themselves, in the sense of healing a hurt ego. This individual may travel around (short distances) because of a need for the profession to be dynamic, as was sated earlier. This could entail working at several offices or locations. This will be a profession whereby the individual works with many people or in groups.

This individual struggles with relationships as I mentioned before. However, he puts an average of 75k miles on his vehicle every year.

This individual is a counselor. With the manner in which the Moon is operating, along with the influence of Mercury, the Sun and the Ascendant, counseling is the predominate theme. He could be a marriage counselor, motivational speaker, drug and alcohol counselor or even a business counselor, as is shown by the strong Saturnian, earthy influence of the second house. Nonetheless, the theme is Venusian, therefore I say it is a counseling position focused on healing relationships: marriage counselor or drug and alcohol counselor, since Neptune is influencing the picture.

Nice analysis! I'm trying to find a way to make conselor fit, but really it just doesn't...

So far all of you have found a lot of the pieces, but Moog has come the closest with this

Okay, well he has a cluster of important planets in the 12th, including (sidereal) 1st and 10th ruler. 10th ruler is the most obvious place to look with career, but isn't always the thing.

The 12th certainly is a focal point for a lot of what's happening in the chart.

Mars ruling the 12th is in the 3rd. That's the reason why I say 'advocate for the rights of the institutionalised'. The 3rd house relates to communication, writing, media, broadcasting etc. I have a gap in my imagination about how else that could work... so advocate it is.

I also reckon that the Moon in the 5th is important to the career, since Mars rules that too. My brain isn't reconciling the 12th-ness of the rest of the chart with the 3rdness of publicised information and the 5th-ness of stage and show and celebrity.

Saturn in the 6 is a position for service and ministry, and he's also aspecting the 12th, and his ruler (Venus) is in the 12th too.

I don't know if anyone is interested in..not hints because every one is doing a great job but maybe in a direction to focus? Cypocryphy, you have a little of the big missing piece in that Sag ASC, and the Jupiter Saturn opposition in tropical along the Sag/Gemini line is also sometimes a pointer.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday trying to work this one out for myself because I do know this person and so didn't want to make it look like I was making the chart fit the answer rather than getting the answer from the chart. I can wait a bit and see if anyone wants to keep looking.

Thanks to everyone responding!

*emma*

Banned
Just my two cents here with some random thoughts.

Investigative journalist?
Sun conjunct MC in scorpio 10th stellium, either famous or deals with famous people possibly celebrities with that Venus Neptune conjunction and Saturn chart ruler in 5th. Or just powerful people?
MC and Sun ruler Mars in Aquarius in apex of fixed t-square, not a person to mince words, anti-establishment or at least has their own ideas and does things differently, though this is tempered by the Saturn aspects. Good researcher. Driven and argumentative, frustrated. Lecturer, consultant? Publishing? Jupiter in Sagitarrius.

Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
Just my two cents here with some random thoughts.

Investigative journalist?
Sun conjunct MC in scorpio 10th stellium, either famous or deals with famous people possibly celebrities with that Venus Neptune conjunction and Saturn chart ruler in 5th. Or just powerful people?
MC and Sun ruler Mars in Aquarius in apex of fixed t-square, not a person to mince words, anti-establishment or at least has their own ideas and does things differently, though this is tempered by the Saturn aspects. Good researcher. Driven and argumentative, frustrated. Lecturer, consultant? Publishing? Jupiter in Sagitarrius.

I've used up my thanks quota for the day, lol. Yes, to everything except your guess of investigative journalist. :)

Wames

I haven't read any of the comments posted yet.

This individual has a VERY strong melancholic temperament. They succeed through their hard work and persistence. They may gravitate towards a preference for being alone and a very studious and analytical approach, inherently.

Sun on the MC would make this person individualistic and leading a unique course for one's life. This could indicate a high-status or power position. (unsure about that though, Sun is in a nocturnal sign). The Sun is in the bounds of Venus. Maybe work in the sciences, like a biologist? Abu Bakr uses the Moon's next aspect as an indication of the profession too - which is the Sun.

MC ruler and bounds in Mars. But it's a separated aspect. If this person is involved in fighting crime it would be more along the lines of forensic pathologist, private investigator, or detective.

The Jupiter in sect and domicile and the only personal planet in an active fire sign is intriguing and it influences the 12th house. This could be someone that is in medicine/a healer but could also be an indication of a veterinarian or someone working with animals.

*Hides and waits for answer* :bandit:

tsmall

Premium Member
We've had some really good replies, and a lot of people have found a lot of pieces of this person through the chart. I thought it might be a good idea to recap what the accurate ones are before I post the solution.

From Moog: "Perhaps some kind of advocate for the rights of the institutionalized." And

"My brain isn't reconciling the 12th-ness of the rest of the chart with the 3rdness of publicised information and the 5th-ness of stage and show and celebrity. Saturn in the 6 is a position for service and ministry, and he's also aspecting the 12th, and his ruler (Venus) is in the 12th too."

From Zuri: "Other people's money...him utilizing his communications skills in his daily work...altruism, channeled through some large public institution (hospital, prison, etc.)"

From Cypocryphy: "so it will be unlikely that this individual would be satisfied with a job that would not allow mobility or some form of dynamism. A desk job would be out of the question. Furthermore, the energy of said individual will require a profession in which communicative contact is essential."

"And being in the tenth house, it too signifies a need for vocational freedom in the sense of having a high level of autonomy."

"This creates a situation where this individual must be cautions not to lose one's self in working relationships or taking work home. This is further supported by a lack of earth in said individual's "chemistry." Sometimes, setting boundaries might be a challenge."

"The Moon is in the fourth house, aspecting the ascendant, which signifies a need to work close to home..."

"The job may be one that was found by means of referral by a friend (networking), or it might be one that was wished for since early childhood and realized later in life---a life long dream fulfilled, perhaps."

"This individual may travel around (short distances) because of a need for the profession to be dynamic, as was sated earlier. This could entail working at several offices or locations. This will be a profession whereby the individual works with many people or in groups."

**dang, Cypocryphy, I knew there was a reason I liked the sidereal zodiac. :lol:**

From Seasoul: "may indicate a responsibility to bring creative change."

From lejla: " Actually! :) Is he? Is he healing people with food? "

From emma: "...either famous or deals with famous people possibly celebrities with that Venus Neptune conjunction and Saturn chart ruler in 5th. Or just powerful people?
MC and Sun ruler Mars in Aquarius in apex of fixed t-square, not a person to mince words, anti-establishment or at least has their own ideas and does things differently, though this is tempered by the Saturn aspects. Good researcher. Driven and argumentative, frustrated. Lecturer, consultant? Publishing? Jupiter in Sagitarrius. "

From Wames: "They succeed through their hard work and persistence. They may gravitate towards a preference for being alone and a very studious and analytical approach, inherently."

~note, I know the need to be alone part seems to contradict what Cypocryaphy has said about the need to work with large groups, but consider that it is possible for the same two drives to exist in one person. In the case of this individual, the preference to be alone, or do everything himself, is juxtaposed with the drive to work with people. There's a psychological dilemma for anyone, lol.~

Still from Wames: "This could indicate a high-status or power position..." (Sun is still sect light, even in a feminine sign. It just isn't in hayz.)

"Maybe work in the sciences, like a biologist?"

"...could also be an indication of a veterinarian or someone working with animals."

There is still one key component that is missing in all of this, and even for me, who knew what it was, it wasn't until I started digging that I saw (sometimes what's right on the end of your nose goes most unnoticed...) I am wondering if anyone else, especially those who guessed counselor, can come up with it?