Transit of Mars in Libra

Caro

I would like to hear your experiences of this long transit. Mars will be in libra for 7 + months.

where is this occurring in your chart ? and what challenges/energy will it bring?

For those with cardinal signs this will form part of the grand cross in cardinal across your chart. So sudden significant changes are perhaps likely?

Mars is not well placed in Libra. The late Nelson Mandela had mars in libra and his book (now film) of his life - The long walk to freedom probably sums up that martian energy. The latter part of his life spent forging relationships across the world in peace and harmony but he spent a long time in prison. There does not seem to be accurate chart for him.

For me this will transit my 11th/12th houses. So time for reflection? Venus in pisces.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Some web interpretations:
http://www.elsaelsa.com/astrology/2013/12/02/mars-in-libra-december-7-2013-july-25-2014/

Last edited:

Lin

As someone with Libra on the 12th house, I, too, will have that 11th 12th situation.
And I also have some very good connections coming up and a couple of ****** ones, especially Mars will square both by Jupiter and Venus. I haven't yet looked to see how long these aspects will be in effect, as I have enough to deal with right now...lol..but eventually I will have to face it.

However, I choose to be optimistic. I have trines and sextiles also during this time, and right now I'm dealing with Saturn on my ASC...and it *****. It makes you FEEL like things are lousy even if all is well....it tells you "fix it" even when you can't ...or there's nothing to fix. And it's squaring my Sun. So..you see why I'm not looking at Mars in Libra quite yet.
LIN

Lin

I can't believe they don't let you use the word c*r*a*p*p*y* .....sometimes that is just the exact right word.
LIN

Caro

Thanks Lin for your response.
I have not been able to get onto the site for a while. None of the links were working.

I have mars in libra natally at 29 degrees. Square my Jupiter. this manifests as Jupiter - millions of things I would like to do learn etc but mars a lack of energy to do it. Saturn transit through libra was like having the tyres let down on the car. Actually found the transit to my scorpio asc ok - I am scrutinising my finances(something I would rather avoid) also my health. the nodal transit has been a bit 'out there' but that will now continue through the 12th house for me. I have taken a job which has offered me an opportunity to spend quite a bit of time in contemplation. I now live in a town with little to do! So may go back to writing which could be an outlet for unresolved issues in this 12th house. 12th house - a great opportunity for inner work.

Saturn is now coming up to a sq to my sun also but feel that although that will be work related - it probably wont be too bad. Lin - what sun sign are you?

most of the focus on line re the mars in libra transit is about the 3 month retrograde period which will be march to June. I was thinking of planning a holiday in that period and I think from what I read that would be a good idea.

healthwise this transit is linked to headaches, kidney problems(diabetes - now I thought that would be Jupiter and venus sq to Saturn). I do know some people with a susceptible to kidney problems - so will flag that.

Im going to look back I think one of the times there was a long transit in libra was 1982. Both Prince William of England and Duchess of Cambridge have mars in libra and they are born 7 months apart. So anything happen in 1982?

But this year is of course a whole different ball game for cardinal signs......

JUPITERASC

I would like to hear your experiences of this long transit. Mars will be in libra for 7 + months.

where is this occurring in your chart ? and what challenges/energy will it bring?

For those with cardinal signs this will form part of the grand cross in cardinal across your chart. So sudden significant changes are perhaps likely?

Mars is not well placed in Libra. The late Nelson Mandela had mars in libra and his book (now film) of his life - The long walk to freedom probably sums up that martian energy. The latter part of his life spent forging relationships across the world in peace and harmony but he spent a long time in prison. There does not seem to be accurate chart for him.

For me this will transit my 11th/12th houses. So time for reflection? Venus in pisces.

Interested to hear your thoughts.
Mars takes 686.971 Earth days to orbit the Sun.

so

one Martian year = 1.88 Earth year

therefore

1.88 years ago Mars transited your 11th and 12th house

The experiences you had then
may well be similar to those on this particular transit of Mars
dependent of course on the sign and house location of the other transiting planets,
particularly Venus and Saturn

because

Venus = domicile ruler of Libra
Saturn = Exalted ruler of Libra :smile:

check out astrodienst FREE 6000 year EPHEMERIS http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

Mars previous ingress to Tropical Libra occurred on
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Wednesday 4 JULY2012 http://www.astro.com/swisseph/ae/2000/ae_2012.pdf
Mars left Tropical Libra 24 AUGUST 2012

That transit of Mars
in common with all Mars in Tropical Libra transits
influenced your 11th and 12th natal houses

The cycle repeats every 1.88 years
with different transiting planets affecting the events each time
[/FONT]

miquar

I'm hoping for a bit of upheaval this year - otherwise what will I do with all this Mars, Uranus and Pluto energy I'll be experiencing. I have Uranus at 13 Libra in the 4th house, Venus at 12 Capricorn in the 4th house, and Sun at 27 Aquarius in the 8th. The second time of the three that transiting Mars triggers transiting Uranus and Pluto is perhaps the one for me to watch, as this is when both transiting outers are very close to that natal Sun Venus Uranus configuration. If the birth time I have is accurate, these natal planets are on my ASC/MC midpoint too. And on top of all that, the transiting Saturn station next summer is exactly opposite my natal Saturn.

I'm feeling a bit debilitated by Neptune square Neptune, but that is exact for the last time on Christmas eve. 2014 should be pretty dynamic in one way or another. I'm aiming to have my book finished by the September Uranus Pluto conjunction, so hopefully that's going to bring new freedoms and experiences in my involvement with astrology. Its interesting that I've been working hard on it at home (4th and 6th houses mentioned above).

Caro

other transiting planets,
particularly Venus and Saturn

because

Venus = domicile ruler of Libra
Saturn = Exalted ruler of Libra :smile:
Thanks for this.
transits through libra are generally favourable. so 2012 this time things were improving for me. the mars in virgo and venus in Gemini transit - err not such fun.:ninja:

however when Saturn conjunct my mars in libra - felt like I was being dragged under. so little energy - felt like my life grounded to a halt.

so Ja - where is mars transiting for yourself? :smile:

I forgot to mention that libra is also linked to the breath - so anyone that supports that is good now eg yoga etc. I am pretty sure that libra is also associated with the large intestine too.

Also the link with relationships - how with these pan out? a colleague at work is I think finding it difficult dealing with this energy - now conjunct her sun as she is very defensive with everyone. people are genuinely trying to help.

Caro

I'm hoping for a bit of upheaval this year - otherwise what will I do with all this Mars, Uranus and Pluto energy I'll be experiencing. I have Uranus at 13 Libra in the 4th house, Venus at 12 Capricorn in the 4th house, and Sun at 27 Aquarius in the 8th.

I'm feeling a bit debilitated by Neptune square Neptune, but that is exact for the last time on Christmas eve. 2014 should be pretty dynamic in one way or another. I'm aiming to have my book finished by the September Uranus Pluto conjunction, so hopefully that's going to bring new freedoms and experiences in my involvement with astrology. Its interesting that I've been working hard on it at home (4th and 6th houses mentioned above).
Good luck with your book - Uranus always seems to spring some surprises.I didn't quite understand your chart. is venus in cap in the 7th house?
has writing the book taken a toll on personal relationships at all? also what degree is your asc - I presume a cancer asc? you have the Jupiter transit then to your first - so these transits are affecting all the angles!. it sounds very positive . but do you feel there may be a release of emotion at some point.They say that finishing a book can be like 'giving birth' !!!

Good luck with your book!:smile:

miquar

Hi. Venus is in the 6th. MC at 27 Pisces and ASC at 26 Cancer. Yes I forgot Jupiter will pass over my ASC soon and also trigger the natal Sun Venus Uranus.

I really need some extra Pluto obsessiveness to get me through to the end of the book, to add to my angular Pluto and Moon in Scorpio! I think its also helping that transiting Uranus is sextiling my natal Mercury.

I'd put my chart up, but they always go fuzzy when I try to upload them.

Relationship-wise I'd say yes, there has been strain as a result of my writing, but nothing too serious. I have my own place, which seems essential for me at the moment.

Thanks for the good luck wishes

The_Saturnian

5th house Libra. No natal planets in this sign, so nothing special to report on here.

I am pretty sure that libra is also associated with the large intestine too.

I believe Virgo does. Libra is to do with the kidneys. But it's funny you've mentioned this. Since the transition occurred on the 8th December, my ulcerative colitis has flared up and I've suddenly gone 'dark-side' with my diet. I've been experimenting with different foods namely, apple, white bread etc. and I am in agony in the evening. There seems to be an excessive build up of flatulence before I go to bed. So you may well be correct nonetheless. Mars after all does represent inflammation/irritability.

Caro

Saturnian - I hope it settles down. (I need to check where I got that info from it was a long while ago)Libra is elimination and an air sign!!:andy: could be the mars transit thro 5th making you want to have some 'fun'. your diet, I assume is usually quite restrictive. where is your natal venus? look after yourself. I think the 2nd house is our physical body and is this cancer for you? the moon is our emotional outlet. so also maybe by 'playing'(5th H) safe you can release some pent up emotions related to your condition - thro dance or other creative outlets? Also have you ever tried aloe vera - I keep seeing this advertised everywhere(the organic product) so may give it a bash

Miquar - pluto conj moon in scorpio(ok pretty obsessive and strong willed - how lucky you can live alone) - I presume you are able to put all this 5th house energy to good creative use with your book. when Jupiter crosses your asc sounds like a good time to launch your book. :smile:

I have actually nearly finished an essay for a course which I completed a while ago. So maybe the move to mars in libra has given a bit of oomph to get that finished. hope to get all course work in this weekend.

however on the negative manifestation of mars - I am having to share ahouse in the short term. something I have not done for a long time. it is a luxury to live alone and Im finding it quite challenging with one of my housemates in particular. He seems quite 'deluded' - and has indicated that he thinks we could be an 'item'! . he is a heavy social drinker although he has a good job. I have to live like this for the next few months to save money. So could be interesting! I guess I could any vent my pent up feelings at him.

Last edited:

The_Saturnian

Saturnian - I hope it settles down. (I need to check where I got that info from it was a long while ago)Libra is elimination and an air sign!!:andy: could be the mars transit thro 5th making you want to have some 'fun'. your diet, I assume is usually quite restrictive. where is your natal venus? look after yourself. I think the 2nd house is our physical body and is this cancer for you? the moon is our emotional outlet. so also maybe by 'playing'(5th H) safe you can release some pent up emotions related to your condition - thro dance or other creative outlets? Also have you ever tried aloe vera - I keep seeing this advertised everywhere(the organic product) so may give it a bash

I hope so too. I recently faced my fears of driving and now that I can control and manoeuvre a vehicle, Mars wants me to go out and have fun by going on long drives on my own with lots and of my favourite tracks playing in the background and interact with beautiful women. The diet is quite restrictive indeed. I happen to be surviving on nothing else, but Chapattis and boiled Moong beans 3 times a day. Just two days I invested into a bottle of the good juice (Aloe Vera!), so it's early days to say what improvement there has been. However combined with my new yoga regime I'm going to prove every doctor and pharmaceutical manufacture wrong. They make the proclamation that their drugs do work (they didn't for me unfortunately). So now I'm going to cure myself of UC and GERD the natural way. Venus is placed in the 12th house of Gemini conjunct Ascendant - not very favourable as over indulgence does get the better of me. Moon is ruler of the 2nd, because Cancer is in the 2nd house. So if my emotions aren't controlled they will play their derogatory role. Strangely enough I have a natal Moon (emotions) tightly conjunct Uranus (nerves) in 6th house (health) Sagittarius (liver i.e. part of the GI tract). I can't dance period! But the creativity transit of Mars makes me want to be a superstar or hero or knight in shining armour at the moment. Can't wait for it to square Venus in 8th in Capricorn ;).

Caro

I recently faced my fears of driving and now that I can control and manoeuvre a vehicle, Mars wants me to go out and have fun by going on long drives The diet is quite restrictive indeed. I happen to be surviving on nothing else, but Chapattis and boiled Moong beans 3 times a day. Just two days I invested into a bottle of the good juice (Aloe Vera!), so it's early days to say what improvement there has been.
Strangely enough I have a natal Moon (emotions) tightly conjunct Uranus (nerves) in 6th house (health) Sagittarius (liver i.e. part of the GI tract). I can't dance period! But the creativity transit of Mars makes me want to be a superstar or hero or knight in shining armour at the moment. Can't wait for it to square Venus in 8th in Capricorn ;).
Congrats on the driving.
Let me know how the use of aloe vera goes - it seems a real wonder juice. but like everything may be more beneficial to some than others. Great that you are looking to self healing it is often the only way to go with these chronic conditions. Good luck. yes you must be nervy indeed with that Gemini asc - a very quick active mind and venus is the body. so you need a way of releasing that mental agitation if moon is conjunct Uranus(yikes that is one very active mind) yoga is also good and one that enables you to get in a flow and release and with mars (be active) Gemini also associated with the lungs. You could perhaps pursue a more active form of yoga - or some form of self expression.

sq to venus from the 5th to 8th say no more.....:whistling:

Thanks Miquar for posting your chart - makes more sense. pluto at 29 degrees. my friend has this 9th-10th H born the same year as you and an aqua sun- this has not been positive for her. maybe this will come to her later in life. she has also with have the mars transit to Uranus perhaps that will trigger a better job opportunity for which she has been waiting a long long time.

miquar

Thanks Miquar for posting your chart - makes more sense. pluto at 29 degrees. my friend has this 9th-10th H born the same year as you and an aqua sun- this has not been positive for her. maybe this will come to her later in life. she has also with have the mars transit to Uranus perhaps that will trigger a better job opportunity for which she has been waiting a long long time.

So she's having her Uranus half-return too. I hope Jupiter brings good news for her in the spring, if things haven't already turned around for her by then.

I hoped to get the book ready for the Jupiter Uranus Pluto t square - not only because this hits my chart so strongly, but also because I think the book is an expression of the Uranus Pluto square in its own way. Perhaps something will happen in March/April to help things along.

The_Saturnian

Congrats on the driving.
Let me know how the use of aloe vera goes - it seems a real wonder juice. but like everything may be more beneficial to some than others. Great that you are looking to self healing it is often the only way to go with these chronic conditions. Good luck. yes you must be nervy indeed with that Gemini asc - a very quick active mind and venus is the body. so you need a way of releasing that mental agitation if moon is conjunct Uranus(yikes that is one very active mind) yoga is also good and one that enables you to get in a flow and release and with mars (be active) Gemini also associated with the lungs. You could perhaps pursue a more active form of yoga - or some form of self expression.

sq to venus from the 5th to 8th say no more.....:whistling:

Will do. The Aloe Vera does taste a bit like Red Bull and lemon juice. I do have a tendency for remembering things unusual. Even when I use to drunk at weekends as a teen, I'd be the only one in my group who never had a hangover and could remember most events. It was quite beneficial indeed. At the moment, I'm just sticking to some basic breathing exercises of yoga that actually aid digestion and apparently cure these any GI tract chronic disorders/conditions. My mum suggested it as she heard of a man who was semi-paralysed (the entire of his right hand side of his body) and was practically bed ridden. Doctors claimed he'll never walk again. After practicing these techniques, miraculously, he's walking now. It certainly shows how powerful yoga is, especially beneficial to air signs people. Problem with me is I have way too much fire in the chart and not enough water/earth to balance it and so I have rely on air to help me balance the fire instead. Guess yoga will help in time. Uranus in 6th would logically indicate that conditions could be of a strange nature/difficult to diagnose and plus the methodology of cure implemented should be different. Saturn in Scorpio in the 6th doesn't help either. Next month I got the actual return on the 11thish.

In other news, yup, I can't really say anything more than the square to Venus in 7th/8th in Capricorn. Will be fun indeed. Something to take my mind off of the Saturn return. :D

Caro

very interesting - re the guy who is paralaysed. I have Uranus transit to 6th H. (Im working on IT projects now) However it gives me 'food' for thought as I have a problem with fluid retention. So as there is so little to do where I live now I must explore some of these breathing techniques.

Enjoy the months ahead. :w00t:

The_Saturnian

It may be a good idea to utilise and make use unconventional means of looking after yourself with this transit. Yoga for sure will work magic given time. The only thing is that, instantaneous results will not be evident. Slow and gradual improvement will occur. Another young of 7 (at the time) was diagnosed with a cerebral tumour and guess what? Yoga cured her. Doctors said she won't survive for more than a couple of years. Her perseverance and staunch disciplinarian attitude towards her diet and lifestyle pulled it off. Today she lives in health and harmony. These two people have become an inspiration for me to combat and liberate myself from my chronic condition.