Significators in house and exaltation but in cadent houses ?

Appollonnia

In my last chart I am Sun in Leo in 12th house. Quesited is Saturn in Libra in his 8th house.

I read from skyscript about 12th house : "while Lilly notes: "the significator in the 12th house can show someone in despair" ([CA], p.42. "

So if the house speaks of my state of mind or situation, what does being in my own house represent ?

Also from skyscript about 8th house : "All matters relating to death, decay, fear, anxiety and loss. Money belonging to a partner, spouse or other party. Financial obligations, debts, taxes, loans, losses, money owed to others. "

So if this is what's on his mind, what does him being in exaltation represent ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

BobZemco

what does him being in exaltation represent ?

Absolutely nothing. Essential Dignities and Accidental Dignities are a means of measuring and comparing the strength of one Planet to another Planet.

A very strong Significator will perform and perform faster, better, smoother, easier with fewer problems, if any problems at all.

A very weak Significator may or may not perform, and if it does perform, it will perform very slowly with many problems, and if in hard aspects with Benefics with many complications and if in hard aspects with Malefics, then not at all.

A very strong Signficator in square or opposition or conjunction with a very weak Malefic might be able to overcome any obstacles and achieve what is desired.

Appollonnia

Right, but I thought that the position and sign that the querent and quesited were in represented their state of mind and/or situation.

So in this case the Sun being a benefic and in its own house would decrease all the negative qualities of the 12th house ?
Or would the 12th house decrease all the good qualities of the Sun ?

And so I ask, what is the state of mind of the Sun :
unable to act or malefic ?

Now for Saturn, this is a malefic planet, being in exaltation, would it reinforce the more positive qualities of Saturn.
Or would being in the 8th house block these "good" qualities ?

And so what is Saturn's situation?

Thanks.