Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

piscesascendant

Please don't perpetuate the horrid misconception that capricorn moons are cold and unfeeling. It is simply not true.

I'm not trying to "perpetuate" anything. Two family members have Moon in Capricorn, so I'm not pulling this out of thin air. Feelings from them tend to be pretty enshrouded. Your experience is apparently different. Fair enough. I speak from my experience.

Onion

PiscesAsc,

Fair enough. You are certainly entitled to your own preferences. It was not my intention to invalidate your experience-based observations. We all have our subjective opinions about certain planetary placement.

I just wanted to speak on behalf of us cap moons, and assure you that most of us are truly not so cold. We are just very careful about expressing emotion. We cap moons need to have complete trust in others to expose our true selves to them.

Saturnian

I'm not trying to "perpetuate" anything. Two family members have Moon in Capricorn, so I'm not pulling this out of thin air. Feelings from them tend to be pretty enshrouded. Your experience is apparently different. Fair enough. I speak from my experience.
Also keep in mind that perhaps you don't make them feel comfortable enough nor see you as trustworthy.So before throwing all the blame on them you should consider your position too.
Sometimes people don't show their sensitive side to everyone but only a select few.
You can't possibly tell me you are emotionally expressive around every type of person right?

I understand we as people see things pretty subjectively but to make a good judgement it is wiser to observe them interact with others as well other than yourself,no matter how hurt you feel by those people.

I would advise you to avoid becoming prejudiced against them because that equals discrimination.And sooner or later if you hold on to the mentality "Capricorn moons are this and that way" you'll probably bestow on them a lot of blame or even avoid them without making a thorough judgement but basing it on your "experience".
Also people tend to be wrong in their judgements quite a few times in their life.We are not perfect or always right.

You can never know what a person truly is feeling even by observing them.Except if you decide to stalk them and witness some of their most private moments,your choice.
And if you have a problem with their "unemotional"-calculating nature it'd be best if you actually asked them what's up with it.It's a lot simpler than you make it out to be.I mean...who's better to answer your question than those people themselves?

Last edited:

piscesascendant

Your interaction with them you mean.Also keep in mind that perhaps you don't make them feel comfortable enough nor see you as trustworthy.So before throwing all the blame on them you should consider your position too.
Sometimes people don't show their sensitive side to everyone but only a select few.I've no idea what triggers those people to express themselves emotionally but I am pretty certain my previous sentence can pretty much cover most cases.
So hey I know a guy who's quite rude and mean to me for some reason.Does that make him a cold person?Not really cause with his few select people he behaves very warmly.
I understand we as people see things pretty subjectively but to make a good judgement it is wiser to observe them interact with others as well other than yourself,no matter how hurt you feel by those people.The way I see it you are really fixed on your opinion,of course that does not mean I could not be wrong.
I'm simply participating in this so much(kind of) cause it could result in the abuse(or misuse) of astrology but also encourage discrimination.Meaning you could already by avoiding Capricorn moons over your "experience" which is pretty illogical since you're basically putting everyone under the same category over something they were "born with" and not a choice they made.

As I've said, at least two Cap moons are family members, so, I've been observing their interaction with others for quite some time.

The rest of your response reads pretty choppy and could use some clarifying. Thanks.

Saturnian

Go read it again now.I edited removed some stuff and added others.I hope now you get what I am trying to say.It shouldn't be particularly difficult.

piscesascendant

Also keep in mind that perhaps you don't make them feel comfortable enough nor see you as trustworthy.So before throwing all the blame on them you should consider your position too.
Sometimes people don't show their sensitive side to everyone but only a select few.
You can't possibly tell me you are emotionally expressive around every type of person right?

I understand we as people see things pretty subjectively but to make a good judgement it is wiser to observe them interact with others as well other than yourself,no matter how hurt you feel by those people.

I would advise you to avoid becoming prejudiced against them because that equals discrimination.And sooner or later if you hold on to the mentality "Capricorn moons are this and that way" you'll probably bestow on them a lot of blame or even avoid them without making a thorough judgement but basing it on your "experience".
Also people tend to be wrong in their judgements quite a few times in their life.We are not perfect or always right.

You can never know what a person truly is feeling even by observing them.Except if you decide to stalk them and witness some of their most private moments,your choice.
And if you have a problem with their "unemotional"-calculating nature it'd be best if you actually asked them what's up with it.It's a lot simpler than you make it out to be.I mean...who's better to answer your question than those people themselves?

No need to observe their most private moments. You mentioned about watching their interactions with others. I have, so I know it's not just me. I have asked them "what's up with it." Same unfeeling responses. My assessment is from seeing patterns of their behavior while giving benefit of the doubt each time. That benefit has been quashed each time by their continual unfeeling behavior.

Can't possibly be emotionally expressive around every type of person? Not sure what limits you place around emotional expression. I have noticed not only a non-expressiveness to emotion, but a suppression, in Cap Moon people.

As I've said, it's been my experience. You'll have yours.

Saturnian

Good,I still support my view that Capricorn moons have a very bad reputation and for the most part are misunderstood.
Not saying that the people you know and happen to have Capricorn moon can't possibly be bad people.Any moon/sun/rising sign could be.
I'd be more concerned about their chart as a whole rather than a planet.

piscesascendant

Good,I still support my view that Capricorn moons have a very bad reputation and for the most part are misunderstood.
Not saying that the people you know and happen to have Capricorn moon can't possibly be bad people.Any moon/sun/rising sign could be.
I'd be more concerned about their chart as a whole rather than a planet.

Actually, the moon is a luminary, not a planet.

Saturnian

Just clarifying.

Already have.
You could also try a synastry if you already haven't.It'd offer a lot of insight regarding the way you interact with them and how you interpret their behavior and could explain your difficulty to like them.

That was my last piece of advice here.Not sure if anyone mentioned it before in one of those lengthy posts.

piscesascendant

You could also try a synastry if you already haven't.It'd offer a lot of insight regarding the way you interact with them and how you interpret their behavior and could explain your difficulty to like them.

That was my last piece of advice here.Not sure if anyone mentioned it before in one of those lengthy posts.

Already did the synastry.

Onion

Yes, Cap moon is Reserved, Grasping, Stable, Self-conscious, Cold at first galnce and second:p Im proud owner of one:) but it helps me a lot. If i were any other moon sign i would have gone mental long time ago ( natal sun opposite saturn, moon conjunct neptune and uranus) Emotionless? No. Coldish..? mostly yes:whistling:

Cassandra, I have all the same placements and aspects that you mentioned! You don't have libra rising do you?

Attachments

• chairt.gif
    chairt.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 31

Peregrine_Moon

I have a Capricorn Moon, too. I'm not cold, distant or detached. I'm not uncomfortable with others' emotions, either. I don't like expressing vulnerability when I'm with people I don't know. Even with people I do know, I tend to be guarded most of the time.

Capricorn Moons usually direct emotions into practical things. For that reason, we're fantastic to have around in a crisis. We'll organize the triage centre, the search-and-rescue party and the press conference. Radar O'Reilly in M*A*S*H is Capricorn Moon personified!

One of the worst things for most of us is to be prevented from acting or to be told that there's nothing we can do. What we do for others reflects how we feel.

zoumizzouzou

I do not have Moon in Capricorn, but know of several people who do. I have a... "distaste" for their apparently emotionless selves. They may have achieved much in life, sure, but I really dislike their cold, emotionless nature. It's being near a cold stone. Perhaps achievement is the thing that satisfies their moon Granted, there could very well be other factors contributing to the feeling, but I've noticed a pattern that rubs me the wrong way. Not sure if others sense anything similar.

I can't speak for other Cappy Moons, as most of them do not agree with you or me, but I agree with you 100%. I am emotionally distant, cold hearted and don't connect easily with people. I'm insensitive to others emotions and have a tendency to not care about anyone or anything unless it benefits me. I do rub people the wrong way with what I say and have this "I don't give a f..." attitude if said person likes/liked what I have/had to say or not. I guess I may have hurt people with this attitude/mindset. Btw, my Moon is in III.

Ok, I just read some of the posts and you are talking of family members as well. Here's my insight... I hate my family to the extreme (maybe its because of Saturn in IV... Haha Cappy ruler in IV, sorry lol) anyway, I've had lots of family problems, and I especially hate my mother... This could be a clue as to why: "Chiron in Cancer: The superficial interpretation would be that there were childhood troubles with the mother. Brilliant deduction. Hey, who didn't have some childhood problems with both parents? The real key here is how we dealt with it. The positive part of Chiron in Cancer is that you can be very nurturing. This is a very good position for therapists and caregivers of any sort. The negative side is that you find it difficult to nurture yourself or let others nurture you. Everybody has some degree of difficulty in growing up and severing that psychological umbilical cord with mama. Chiron in Cancer people tend to take a longer time than most to do the job. Once you do this, though, and learn to accept as well as give nurturing, you should be fine. So stop whining and complaining."

Last edited:

Onion

cold hearted and don't connect easily with people. I'm insensitive to others emotions and have a tendency to not care about anyone or anything unless it benefits me.."

That's kind of psychopathic. Of all the capricorn moons I know, none of them are like that.

Onion

I respect your honesty though.

I too have a moon in capricorn in the third and libra rising...

I also have a friend who has cancer sun/cap moon and she holds a whole lot of undeserved anger for her parents. She is very cold to them and often claims to hate them, especially her mother, but she does not know why. Also, she has cap rising, opposite her sun, and saturn in the 2nd.

Onion

Saturnian,
You seem very wise, not surprising for the name. :wink:

I'd be interested to see your chart if you feel like posting it.