Orb for Critical degrees and Anaretic degrees

T'Thastu

I am a bit confused about the orbs used for critical degrees and Anaretic degree. Perhaps I have some planets and the ascendant at these degrees.
Cardinal:
Libra/Ascendant 25⁰ 37',
Fixed:
Aquarius/4th House Chiron 22⁰ 29'
Leo/10th House Uranus 9⁰ 15'
Mute:
Virgo/11th House Pluto 0⁰ 7'
Many thanks for the help.

dr. farr

Most authorities give 3 degree orb for Critical Degrees; I am unaware of orbs for either aphetic or anaretic degrees (I have a vague recollection that this might be a 1 degree orb) I consider the 3 degree orb for Ciritical Degrees too large-I would (do) use no more than a 2 degree orb; relative to aphetic and anaretic degrees, WHEN I occasionally consider these in special delineations I always only count them when within the actual aphetic or anaretic degree itself.

JerryRR

On 4 October 1992 at 6.36pm,a Boeing 747 cargo plane,El Al 1862 crashed into a block of flats in Bijlmermeer a neighbourhood of Amsterdam.

J.R.R.

T'Thastu

I was thinking more in terms of minutes. For example, Libra (ascendant) 25⁰ 37' would be 23 minutes away from 26 degrees. Would that be considered on a critical degree? If yes, what orb in minutes would you consider?
Many thanks.

T'Thastu

I was thinking more in terms of minutes. For example, Libra (ascendant) 25⁰ 37' would be 23 minutes away from 26 degrees. Would that be considered on a critical degree? If yes, what orb in minutes would you consider?
Many thanks.

Many thanks.

My old teacher used to say anything over 30'"minutes should be 'rounded up' so in your case it would be 26' BUT only if your TOB is absolutely correct and checked as correct with solar arcs and transits...:smile:

Last edited:

T'Thastu

Yes, my ToB is correct. I come from a family which has always believed in astrology and were very particular about our ToB! (However, they relied on astrologers and did not learn any astrology themselves)
Many thanks for all your help.

JerryRR

360 degrees of the zodiac divided by the 28 Lunar Mansions gives 12'51"25.
Cardinal 0 0 degrees
12 51 degrees
25 43 degrees etc.

J.R.R.