Anaretic degrees

frokenvin

Hey all : )

I'm wondering if anyone has any information on the 29th degree. I have Venus @ 29 deg. Aries Conjunct Lilith @ 0 deg. Taurus - Opposition Pluto @ 2 deg. Conj. I.C.

Any thoughts or referrals?

wilsontc

Staff member
Strong energy

frokenvin,

I have always considered the 29 and 0 degrees of any sign or point as a powerful position. The way I heard it explained: 29 degrees is a planet's "last chance" to express the energy of this sign, so it expresses this energy very strongly. 0 degrees is when the planet moves into "new" energy and so the energy is "fresh" and strong in the planet.

Another way to think about it is people want to be ONE sign energy OR the other...not both. So people who are 29 degrees of an energy will HOLD ON to this energy and strongly express it to keep from "slipping out" of this energy (expressing the sign energy in the next sign). Similarly people with 0 degrees of an energy will HOLD ON to this energy and strongly express it to keep from "slipping back" out of this energy (expressing the sign energy in the previous sign).

So, in your example BOTH Aries and Taurus energies are strong.

Anaretically,

Tim

Narcissus

I share the same experience with you as I have my asc on 29th degree of Sagitarrius which is the ONLY fire element on my chart apart from Uranus. For me, I consider the 29th degree as the weakest position as I found it on me and most of my friends' chart, that the characteristics of the anarectic sign could not be fully expressed. Some astrologers suggested it is mainly because the time when planets are almost leaving the sign, they tend to be more "prepared" to welcome the upcoming sign rather than staying in the old one, thus me as a 29.35 Sagitarrius, tend to act more like a Capricornian rather than a Sagitarrian. Of course, I've got some other planets in Capricorn as well - my 1st house which also help enhance my Capricornian nature. However, none of my friends could find much Sagitarrian nature on me. :wink:

You may wish to take a look at these:
http://www.weathersage.com/vs/geisler/29thdeg.htm
http://home.epix.net/~tzarathu/29th degree.html
http://celestteal.bizland.com/special_points.htm

cheers,
Enid

Well I have the most useless position for Saturn for a career person. My Saturn sits at 29deg18 in Cancer in the 4th house opposing my sun and mercury (at 2deg10 and 2deg30 respectively) in Aqu in the 10th house. Could someone please give me some info on this?

I can tell you that I went to university for sometime on one career path, completed studies and on a whim started a new degree which has led to me to the profession that I am in now. In the meantime, a lot umming and aahing to get here, a hell of a lot of obstacles and downright horrible people met on the way as opposed to others, who have walked into their jobs. I was unemployed for almost two years and started studies in another profession as I thought I could not find employment to only drop it when I was 4 days into the course.

I feel that I have made a breakthrough being that I picked up my job 4 days after dropping out of studies (I actually started my job last week on Tuesday, first day of the new year!) but I am worried now that something else will stuff up because of anarectic Saturn.

wilsontc

Staff member
strong energy?

frokenvin,

All the points that have been made are correct: the 29th degree is regarded as "weak" by astrologers. However, because this degree is so "weak", the person tends to STRONGLY want to work on the issues represented by the planet or point at 29 degrees. So the person will tend to work more on the 29 degrees issues than on other issues in their chart (unless they are focused on in some way by T-square, Easy Opposition, etc.). As a result, they may strongly express this 29 degree energy or exaggerate it in some way in an effort to express this energy in their life.

Explaining,

Tim

Frisiangal

frokenvin said:
I'm wondering if anyone has any information on the 29th degree. I have Venus @ 29 deg. Aries Conjunct Lilith @ 0 deg. Taurus - Opposition Pluto @ 2 deg. Conj. I.C.

Any thoughts or referrals?

I was taught that the 29th degree and first degrees of a sign could be seen as leaving the one classroom and/or moving into another. The 29th degree was the examination degree of the sign, asking if the subject(planet) had been taught and learnt well.

With the above, the examination might involve questions re: do you give of your love spontaneously, are you amorous, do you have short but heated love affairs, are you passionate, do you want all attention, are you pretty/handsome, do you take the lead in expressing love, are you egotistical about love, are you naieve about love? If so, what has all this taught you about 'love' as a function in your life.

Lilith is often about what one truly longs for but disconnects/ is diconnected from, so it may never physically happen. In Taurus, it appears to be about recognising the facts for what they are/are not, especially regarding one's sensuality (with love) and how these evaluate one's worth.
With Venus it often represents the unrequited love, the lost love, the love that never finds physical form in the commitment of/to/and a lasting relationship.
The house and rulership will show the realms of life involved.

Most 29 degree Suns say they feel to be the next sign. That's logical when you consider that within a year of birth, the progr. Sun has moved into the following sign and further. Yet everything they express and which motivates them, the functions of the other planets they use/do not use, will all be orchestrated to pass the examination degree of their Sun sign. After all, you can't get your diploma if you haven't done the work :wink:

F.

frokenvin

Thank you all... I have a better understanding of the placement now : ) Frisiangal - those are definatly good questions to ask & I would also interpret it as a testing degree... sounds like another one of those so-called, "karmic aspects" :p It is important that I learn about love in this life. Fortunatly I have a Taurus midheaven & N.N. so with time I'm sure I will achieve the sense of "security" I'm looking for.

There's a post about the mythology of Sedna somewhere on the forums... thought it was rather interesting so I checked for it's placement in my chart - it's conjunct Venus, Lilith, & M.C. ! Oh my... Well it was no surprise to me, but I'm always looking for something that might threaten my faith in astrology study :)

Thanks again... Peace : )

MTTY05

Anarectic degrees have always interested me. My Jupiter is retrograde at 29.37 Aries. I can't really say that I've truly even been able to feel the influence of this planet though. I find this odd because not only is Jupiter in an anarectic degree, but it's also the focal point of a natal grand trine, but yet it's expression still seems weak to me.

Anyone else have experience with planets in anarectic degrees?

AquariusT

I do not agree, nor was I taught that it is weak. I was taught that it was the "crying" degree. I have known quite a few people with important charts and planets/asc in that degree and it has not been all roses and wine for them. But these people play am important part in life somehow, pertaining to that aspect.

kirlie

... sounds like another one of those so-called, "karmic aspects"

I think the rest of my chart seems to support this for me. I have Venus at 29°59'41" Aquarius. Some software/websites put me at 0°0' Pisces. But Venus is a very important player in the rest of my chart. It is part of a Grand Air Trine, it is heavily aspected, I have 3 planets in Libra, and my North Node is in the 7th house. I can't help but to think that this position is part of helping me learn my lessons for this life. I like Frisiangal's idea of leaving one classroom and going into another. I guess the main question I have is am I trying to learn how to be a Venus in Pisces? Or am I suppose to be an expert Venus in Aquarius? And also, how do you deal with aspects to these planets? I have read that out of sign aspects either are invalid or not as strong. But this somehow does not seem right to me since I really do feel like some weird melding of two signs.