Disturbing reoccuring dream needing resolution

4leafclovah

I have been having the same reoccuring dream for about a year now and at first it was every so often and now i am having this dream at least once a week, sometimes more. The dream involves a person i met a few years ago at a festival. Our encounter was very intense and though we were never physically involved it was like we knew each other..very bizarre circumstances. We were psychically connected. I don't really think about this person much anymore and thought that i was done with this person for good,but i keep having the same dream of him over and over again..it's eerie. He isn't always present in the dream, but i feel his presence regardless. The dream takes place at a festival but in a location i have never been.The area feels very familiar to me but i do not know why-i do not recall ever visiting this place in my present life. I was taking a look at our progressed charts( i still have his natal info) and my progressed moon will conjunct his Scorpio ascendant , and at the same time his moon will conjunct my Pluto. So i am wondering if there may be resolution in a dream maybe? I don't think i would be feeling this yet because i am about 6 degrees away from his ascendant, and the same for his moon conjuncting my Pluto. Is it possible i might get some insight through my dream or maybe i will be able to have closure on some past life baggage? I'm not sure, but maybe this person is from a past life and something might be revealed to me. Is this possible?

hermetic

perhaps try to be more aware of the little details in your dream, while you are dreaming it being aware that you are and paying close attention to everything without trying to influence anything.
Since you cannot really resolve anything with this person anymore, field of dreams is your only place to get some insight.
Perhaps try to draw or paint(if you can) the dream itself and the feelings you have in it.
Or simply wait, perhaps the dream will progress and evolve itself, for me they often do, and this way tell a bit more.
But for sure, I agree, dreaming same thing repeatedly is not ever insignificant

4leafclovah

hermetic said:
perhaps try to be more aware of the little details in your dream, while you are dreaming it being aware that you are and paying close attention to everything without trying to influence anything.
Since you cannot really resolve anything with this person anymore, field of dreams is your only place to get some insight.
Perhaps try to draw or paint(if you can) the dream itself and the feelings you have in it.
Or simply wait, perhaps the dream will progress and evolve itself, for me they often do, and this way tell a bit more.
But for sure, I agree, dreaming same thing repeatedly is not ever insignificant

Do you believe we can dream of places in a past life? I am most interested in knowing if this place really exists outside of my dreams. Of course, it may also be a place i visited when i was very young but forgot-who knows? I'd like to think it's possible to get answers through a dream. I was checking out my progressed chart last night and there is an aspect closing in soon and i think it could be related to this dream(progressed Jupiter/9th trine natal moon/Leo/5th), which could mean a dream of a far away land + a love from the past..or maybe just some great insight through a dream. So, i think it's possible that this guy i met who i think is in my dream might actually be someone else and if i were to get up close and look at his face i might recognize him as person from a past life..hmmm.

hermetic

I think we do get answers through dreams, except sometimes we overlook them, and sometimes we interpret it differently than we should. And you can never ask anyone did you get it right, you know ;)

I also had dreams of places I've never been(that I remember) and wondered myself was it perhaps a scenery from a previous life. Deep down I believe so, but one can never be sure.

We sometimes tend to interpret things as it suits our learned notion of past lives and all that, but subconciouss mind from which dreams are created, works by different logic.
I read a bit of Jungian psychology, so there may be other ways to interpret your dream - perhaps the reason why you felt that connection to that person when you met him was, on a subconciouss lever, he reminded you of someone from your close circle, say your father. He was a trigger and you projected something onto him(subconciouss again) and that's why your experience was intense. And your subcounciouss remembers him like this, connected to the father image. And say, now, there is a problem, a complex on a line of communication or something with your father, and it creates a dream with a symbol, that is replacement or him. So, this person isn't really representing himself, rather something(something you saw within him that triggered emotions) or someone else. If you figure out the connection you might see the problem this dream talks about, and see it in a entirely different light[of course, I used the father only to make things clearer, I hope that made sense, english is not my native language, so I can't explain more complex stuff)
as for the place, that's precisely why I said be aware while you are dreaming and try and notice all the little details in the place dream occurs, and then in your awake state, try to find a connection to anything-any place from your conciouss memory that you could connect it to - may aswell be another pointer to meaning of the dream.

4leafclovah

Hermetic, i will consider those suggestions-i understand what you are saying. I have also studied a little Jungian psychology and i am aware of archetypes in dreams. It's frustrating because it can be hard to tell if a dream is dealing with symbology relating to thoughts and circumstances of the now or if it's something more more divine and transcendental-because i believe both are possible. I'd also like to believe that astrology might be able to give further details about this information we receive.

cassanra

When i have really intense peculiar dream I look to see the moons location and particular in relation to neptune. It is amazing how many times the moon is active and note the house too. I think you will see some level of correspondence. I am wondering too if your natal moon is active since the dream is now coming regularly as if something is hitting it more and more.

4leafclovah

cassanra said:
When i have really intense peculiar dream I look to see the moons location and particular in relation to neptune. It is amazing how many times the moon is active and note the house too. I think you will see some level of correspondence. I am wondering too if your natal moon is active since the dream is now coming regularly as if something is hitting it more and more.

The only contact is my progressed Jupiter trine moon, which is just short of a 1 degree orb. I'm thinking this might be why this dream is occurring so regularly. T. Jupiter will soon oppose moon, but i don't know if that will have any effect. I have always remembered my dreams vividly, but never the same dream occur as often as this one. I am always in the same town, but in different parts of the town-slight changes of scenery..but i know its the same place. It's just odd.

freedomlover

4leafclovah,

I have been having the same reoccuring dream for about a year now and at first it was every so often and now i am having this dream at least once a week, sometimes more. The dream involves a person i met a few years ago at a festival. Our encounter was very intense and though we were never physically involved it was like we knew each other..very bizarre circumstances. We were psychically connected. I don't really think about this person much anymore and thought that i was done with this person for good,but i keep having the same dream of him over and over again..it's eerie. He isn't always present in the dream, but i feel his presence regardless. The dream takes place at a festival but in a location i have never been.The area feels very familiar to me but i do not know why-i do not recall ever visiting this place in my present life. I was taking a look at our progressed charts( i still have his natal info) and my progressed moon will conjunct his Scorpio ascendant , and at the same time his moon will conjunct my Pluto. So i am wondering if there may be resolution in a dream maybe? I don't think i would be feeling this yet because i am about 6 degrees away from his ascendant, and the same for his moon conjuncting my Pluto. Is it possible i might get some insight through my dream or maybe i will be able to have closure on some past life baggage? I'm not sure, but maybe this person is from a past life and something might be revealed to me. Is this possible?

Sure, it's possible.

If I were you, I would take your dreams seriously. They may be pointing towards a future reconnection with this guy. I have had a similar instance where I had a mysterious dream many years ago about a guy I barely knew. He keeps turning back up every few years, accompanied by more mysterious dreams. Upon prayer and meditation, I've discovered several past life connections with him.

I would say there is a good possibility that you did know him from a past life. Praying for him may be a good place to start, and see what comes from that.

An interesting link to a true story on this type of subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MXCxlq8qB0

There was also a TV-movie made from the book this lady wrote about her experiences. It was called "Yesterday's Children".

FL

Last edited:

4leafclovah

That was a very interesting story, FL! really fascinating. Does anything in your chart indicate reconnecting with a love from a past life?

freedomlover

4leafclovah

That was a very interesting story, FL! really fascinating. Does anything in your chart indicate reconnecting with a love from a past life?

Well, I hadn't really looked at my chart under those terms before.... but taking a brief glance at both mine and his.... I would say that my Mercury retrograde in Sagittarius in the 12th house. ( A lot of dreaming going on) being conjunct his Ascendant might be the astrological aspects that apply. There would probably be more, but wouldn't know exactly how to look for that in a chart.

FL