Newbie * How did you experience Saturn square Sun Transit?

Oceanis

Hi there. :innocent:

How did you experience Saturn transits, especially Square Sun?

Did you find comfort in simultaneous aspects, such as Saturn trine another important planet at the time?

Thanks,
O.

leo468

:rightful:

Hi there.

How did you experience Saturn transits, especially Square Sun?:crying:

Did you find comfort in simultaneous aspects, such as Saturn trine another important planet at the time? :happy:

Thanks,
O.

When I had transit saturn square sun it was really hard maybe because it also was square my moon, uranus and conjunction mars. Hard time in everything overall. Problems with school, authority figures, very bad health, love problems, family problems, depression... But I think if its only saturn square sun and not other heavy aspects like mine, it won't be so bad.

" Did you find comfort in simultaneous aspects, such as Saturn trine another important planet at the time? "

- so you maybe have it trine to another planet? Then don't worry.

theV

My Sun square Saturn and Strn conjunct Moon and I felt nothing. My life went the way it always had been since the day I was born.

Oceanis

When I had transit saturn square sun it was really hard maybe because it also was square my moon, uranus and conjunction mars. Hard time in everything overall. Problems with school, authority figures, very bad health, love problems, family problems, depression... But I think if its only saturn square sun and not other heavy aspects like mine, it won't be so bad.

" Did you find comfort in simultaneous aspects, such as Saturn trine another important planet at the time? "

- so you maybe have it trine to another planet? Then don't worry.

:wink: Thanks so much for sharing! The good news for you, is that during positive transits, your entire life is perfect! So maybe your life's events fluctuate in two extremes: too good, and then too tough :)

Oceanis

My Sun square Saturn and Strn conjunct Moon and I felt nothing. My life went the way it always had been since the day I was born.

Great to hear! They say Saturn represents authority figures checking on you. The effects of saturn depend on your hard work, and how efficient your life is right now. :innocent:

theV

Maybe because Saturn is the leading planet in my locomative chart. That's why I didn't feel a lot of stress.

leo468

:wink: Thanks so much for sharing! The good news for you, is that during positive transits, your entire life is perfect! So maybe your life's events fluctuate in two extremes: too good, and then too tough :)

Haha to be honest, I don't even feel the positive transits

Osamenor

Staff member
Transiting planetary squares are likely to precipitate some sort of change, particularly Saturn or Mars squares to their own natal positions or to a crucial planet or point. With Saturn involved, it's likely to be a long lasting change. Saturn is about longterm commitment.

I had Saturn square my sun when the longest relationship I've ever been in (ten years) began. Under my next Saturn/sun square, I enrolled in my first herbalism class; I am now pursuing herbalism as a new career. The only other time in my life that Saturn squared my sun was right around my tenth birthday, and I'm not sure what, if anything, that triggered. At the age of ten, I was dealing with nasty fifth grade social dynamics, but so was every other ten-year-old, even if they didn't have a Saturn/sun square.

I have the sun square (6 degree orb, applying) to my north and south nodes, and natal Saturn trine my north node and sextile my south node, so when Saturn squares my sun, it's also applying trine or sextile to its own natal position and conjunction to either my north node or my south node.

Just typing this out, and checking past transits, I realized that when I was nine and a half, I went to nature camp as Saturn was sitting right on my NN, and that became the inspiration for work I did later. I also met a lifelong friend there, and it was my first experience with meeting someone and feeling like I already knew them even though we couldn't possibly have met before. Since my other Saturn/sun squares and Saturn/node conjunctions involved meeting a significant person or taking a new career step, I see a theme here!

If you want to figure out your Saturn/sun square themes, check your transits for your previous Saturn/sun square(s) (everyone experiences at least one by early adolescence at the latest). Think of what was going on at that time. If you've had more than one Saturn/sun square in your lifetime so far, is there a common theme that emerges between those times? Are there other planets or points that would be transited or aspected by Saturn as it squares your sun? If so, you have a mixture of influences right there.

Oceanis

Dear Osamenor,

thanks so much for the thorough analysis on Saturn Transits.
What a great idea to provide personal examples of Saturn effects, but also inspire me to go back in time and identify Saturn's effects & patterns.

Thanks so much,
O. :lol:

P.S. Wow! your advise really works!
Going back to identify the life events, confirms that Saturn can bring challenging events to show you who your real friends and foes are.
It is an eye opening experience.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
P.S. Wow! your advise really works!
Going back to identify the life events, confirms that Saturn can bring challenging events to show you who your real friends and foes are.
It is an eye opening experience.

And what were the longterm results of those challenging events? Did they affect the course of your life?

Depending on how old you are now, you might or might not be able to see it. If you're past your first Saturn return (age 29-30) and have had at least two Saturn/sun squares since the age of 15 or thereabouts, there's probably a pattern you can discern, and you may be able to see how your earlier Saturn/sun squares fit into the big picture of your life so far. If you're too young to have experienced all that yet, the picture might not be clear.

Saturn transits set up patterns that reverberate very far into the future. Because the results play out over such a long period of time, it takes many years to see them.

If anyone had asked me what my Saturn/sun square experiences were like when I was in my mid twenties and just starting that relationship, under a Saturn/sun square, I probably would've said I didn't notice anything. At that time, I had no way of knowing that it would be such a long-lasting relationship, and even if I realized that Saturn was squaring my sun when it started, I don't think I would've made the connection (I didn't make that connection at all until someone pointed it out in this forum, very recently). The link between my Saturn transits at the age of 9-10 and my future experiences and choices would've been even murkier.

Notably, the trip to camp when I was 9 happened shortly after my first node reversal (transiting south node conjunct natal north node and vice versa), and my first herbalism class happened fairly soon after my second node return. It's important to consider what other transits are happening at the same time.

Osamenor

Staff member

Maybe because Saturn is the leading planet in my locomative chart. That's why I didn't feel a lot of stress.

More likely, it's your age and the transit being so recent. Saturn transits, as I said above, set longterm patterns. When the transit just happened, as it did for you in the last few months, the longterm results aren't visible yet. And when you're only 21, there haven't been enough Saturn transits within your lifetime for you to notice the patterns that they bring.

Saturn transits, even hard ones, don't cause the "I feel horrible" kind of stress. If you do experience that during a Saturn transit, there are other factors involved, not just Saturn.

What those hard angle transits do is trigger a desire for change. In some way, you're not satisfied with the way things are. That doesn't necessarily mean you're unhappy. It could just manifest as you wanting to try something new. That's why a Saturn or Mars square is such a catalyst for change. You're not satisfied with how things are, so you want to change something, so you're ready to spot opportunities for change or for trying something new, and you jump on them when they come along.

Maybe your life is going on as before, but have you experienced a desire for something new recently? Gotten involved in a new pursuit? Or a new relationship (romantic relationship, platonic friendship, any kind)? Anything new that you start during a significant Saturn transit is likely to be lasting, not just a passing fancy. In a decade or two, you'll be able to look back and see how what you started now impacted your life in the long run.

Oceanis

Hi Osamenor,

Yes, I am past the 1st Saturn return, and your comments are so helpful and accurate.

The first Saturn transit Square Sun & Mercury (combined with Neptune opposite natal Mars) revealed deceit from family members that I totally trusted as a child. Neptune showed the deceit, and Saturn closed a door of communication. Saturn deprived me of positive family connections but helped me get my first job: the seeds of my first career path blossomed until the second Saturn square Sun transit.

That is when the company I worked for collapsed unexpectedly. This closed a career chapter, and in my effort to find a job, I accepted a part-time job that was much more meaningful than my previous career chapter.
Saturn opened up educational opportunities, such as the first poster/presentation to a Conference, the first time I wrote an article, and an unsuccessful attempt to create a video of this work.

I agree with all your comments. Saturn is not bad. He brings a harsh wake up call: closes doors (experiences you have outgrown), and opens new doors, for new things. We may not be ready or prepared for this new life, but with hard work and persistence, Saturn will reward us over time.

Osamenor

Staff member
Hi Osamenor,

Yes, I am past the 1st Saturn return, and your comments are so helpful and accurate.

The first Saturn transit Square Sun & Mercury (combined with Neptune opposite natal Mars) revealed deceit from family members that I totally trusted as a child. Neptune showed the deceit, and Saturn closed a door of communication. Saturn deprived me of positive family connections but helped me get my first job: the seeds of my first career path blossomed until the second Saturn square Sun transit.

Wow... I see something similar in my life, but it happened as Saturn was transiting my sun, not squaring it. Neptune was opposing my sun at the same time. During that time, I experienced a betrayal from someone I trusted, who had been a mentor figure (Saturn) and came into my life during my first Saturn return.

Almost definitely, what you're calling your "first" Saturn square Sun was actually your second, and your real first Saturn/sun square happened during your early childhood. The latest a first Saturn/Sun square can possibly come is at the age of 14 to 15, when you have your first Saturn opposition to its natal place, and the only people who don't see a transiting Saturn/sun square until their Saturn opposition are those with a natal square between Saturn and the sun.

Since you didn't mention having a natal Saturn/sun square, I'm guessing you don't, in which case you would have to have had your first transiting square well before you were old enough to get your first job. If that "first" square transit happened when you were in your late teens or early twenties, there was another one about 14 or 15 years earlier, when you were a small child. Was there a significant event then? Something like, say, a move, a death in the family, a divorce, a remarriage, perhaps even whatever that deception was about?

Oceanis

Correct, I don't have a natal Sun/Saturn aspect.

Since Saturn squares will hit my 4th and 10th house axis, the negative events affect my family and/or career changes.
The first square occurred at an early age, where family members relocated (my feeling of abandonment). This triggered subsequent manipulations of family money and family property.

Thanks for your great feedback. I now understand the eye-opening effects of Saturn.

katydid

Correct, I don't have a natal Sun/Saturn aspect.

Since Saturn squares will hit my 4th and 10th house axis, the negative events affect my family and/or career changes.
The first square occurred at an early age, where family members relocated (my feeling of abandonment). This triggered subsequent manipulations of family money and family property.

Thanks for your great feedback. I now understand the eye-opening effects of Saturn.

OK< so this time the transit can help you reassess your previous feelings of abandonment. I doubt that your family relocated in order to abandon you.

Now that you have a better understanding of the mechanics of their move, you can release and banish those old outworn feelings of sadness and abandonment.:alien:

That process can help you in forming a stronger more stable emotional foundation and a better sense of self to project to the public and to superiors at work. :smile:

kore

I'm going through this transit now, trining Moon and sextiling Pluto. Lots of tension with parents and siblings. Do not want to deal with any kind of authority figures. My Sun conjuncts Jupiter, MC, Mercury and Saturn. Around 2008-9 transit Saturn conjuncted this stellium (first Saturn Return). The recession was tough. I finished my degree and my relationship with my family strengthened.

The previous transit Saturn square Sun occurred around 2002. That's when I fell apart. My family went through a difficult restructuring. Now I'm returning to the way I was before 2002, but with more wisdom so to speak. In retrospect, harsh Saturn transits helped to build a stronger base. But they are not fun at all.