How's my daughter's chart look?

LoneMars

Well, to begin with, she's an Aquarius, so you know how that goes...

But seriously, I can't see past all the soft aspects in her chart to know (1) if there is anything I should be concerned about or watch out for and (2) if I should be doing anything special as parent.

I've attached her chart and mine.

Thanks!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_02_dd_67614_38105.jpg
    astro_2gw_02_dd_67614_38105.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 42
  • astro_2gw_01_heather_66171_21569.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_heather_66171_21569.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 29

RosieOne

Hey! Can't bring in the Age of Aquarius without Aquarians! And everyone has Aquarius someplace within them, and you yourself have an Aquairus 5th House making you a perfect fated fit for being the Mom of an Aquarius. She is going to blow your socks off!

And what is so weird about being weird anyway?

The whole generation your child is born into is soooooo amazing! Telepathy anyone? Pluto in Capricorn, Neptune in Aquarius and Uranus in Pisces generation. I suggest to all parents of these children that you simply wander after them writing down what they say. Don't worry about asking them questions that seem beyond their years. Soothsayers and visionaries and builders - a whole mini generation of them! The Force is with them.

I didn't interpret my kids scopes heavily when they were little. All my kids received their first real readings as teens. Truth is, it is the most basic, in your face, things in our scopes that we fight hardest, or manifest easiest and discount, or get out of balance with. People resist their Risings sometimes, or are ignoring their North Nodes - really basic stuff. Thus I simply, while raising my kids, kept their Moon, Sun and Rising in mind - and their North Nodes.

We start out as babes in our Moon sign and we grow up into our Sun. Our Risings are the genre of life we are here to live. Your daughter is Libra Moon. She needs LOTS of beauty and she needs all 64 colors of crayon. She needs to be social and she needs, almost more than food, ART!

As she grows up she is becoming an Aquarius, so help it be OK for her to follow her own drum, even if it is not a drum at all. Get used to the fact that you can't imagine what she is going to imagine into reality this life. She is a paradigm shifter. She will always be way ahead of you. Yet she needs a Mom to help her cope with being different.

She incarnated in with the Taurus Rising tribe, here to live authentically rich lives and transcend the planet's addiction to money/currencies. First she needs to learn about the current money world. Give her seed money and some income, small allowance and pay her for doing work outside her normal chores. Set up a savings account for her and up to a certain point, match anything she saves. Teach her about credit (or more accurately, about debt) and open up the family finances to her.

Do not ever pretend everything is financially FINE when it isn't. This will mess her up. I'm not saying use her as your therapist, just let her know the basic truths as they arise. She will probably be an impressive manifestor of strange wonderful syncronocities and mini-prosperity miracles.

Last edited:

LoneMars

This all makes a lot of sense. I never thought of it this way, but I can see how we start as our moon and grow into our sun. She is definitely a free thinker and I think I've done a pretty good job at letting her be an aquarius. As you pointed out, my 5th house in aquarius probably makes this more natural for me. However I don't think I've given her moon much attention. She's developed a strong bond with a neighbor friend of mine who's sun is conjunct her moon in Libra, which I think is great. I have to admit our neighbor can communicate with my daughter on a level that I don't understand at all.

She is very artistic and loves color. She's always the most colorful kid in the room. she has an eye for fashion. ii often ask her if what im wearing looks good. I trust her opinion and know she'll give it to me straight. She has to get dressed up to go to bed or to watch cartoons. I guess that's all her libra moon?

It's interesting what you say about her Taurus rising. Money/possessions has been our biggest issue. And she's only 5! She's a good kid, sweet, well behaved. But when we go to the store everything falls apart. I'm very Saturnian, so maybe I just don't get it. But I feel like she is having an overly emotional response to her wants. When it comes te to spend her allowance, it will take in excess of an hour in the toy isle to make a decision. She'll sob to herself like being limited by her allowance ($5 a week) is causing her actual physical pain. I try to take her to discount stores, or the clearance isle to stretch that allowance as far as it can go. It's a very difficult process for us. Anyway, it seems like maybe I should just stay the course and I'm not being as cruel as I feel.

Thanks for all your input. I find it so difficult to understand the charts of my loved ones. I really appreciate an objective set of eyes. Thanks!

Zuri

Sun peregrine (i.e., doesn't make an aspect to any other planet, within allowable orb) = Marches to beat of a different drummer, compared to society. Likely difficult with fitting in with society, in some way.

Uranus peregrine = Extreme individualism and need to be different. With her Sun peregrine in Aquarius and her Uranus peregrine (Uranus naturally rules Aquarius), Aquarian themes will be extremely dominant in her life

Vocational Profile

MC in Capricorn = business / managerial /administrative profession is likely

5 quintiles in chart (with 2 aspecting the MC); Aries Point=Venus/Mars; MC=Venus/Pluto = highly creative. MUST use creativity in her career. Creative career is likely

Dispositor chain = MC ruler Saturn10(5) in Virgo.Mercury2,3,6(11) in Aquarius.Uranus11(12) in Pisces<>Neptune12(11) in Aquarius = 6th/12th helping/healing channel activated. A fulfilling career would involve her being a manager/administrator (MC in Capricorn) at a large public institution (12th House links) where she can creatively (5th House link) communicate (3rd House link) her humanitarian (11th House & Aquarian links) and compassionate values (2nd House, Pisces links) in the public service arena (6th House link) in order to correct/reform others (Virgo link).

Reigning emotional need in career = Moon4(6) in Libra contacts Mercury2,3,6(-Neptune12)(11) in Aquarius, Mars(2) in Gemini, in Aquarius, & MC within orb = Needs to be popular (Libra Moon) and be a workaholic (Moon in 6th House), as work will significantly give her meaning in life. With 6th/12th House helping/healing channel, she will also be emotionally attracted to a public service-oriented career (6th House links) that enables her to communicate (3rd House link) humanitarian/idealistic values using her charisma (Mercury-Neptune conjunction in Aquarius in 11th House, 2nd House links). A fulfilling career either involves working from home &/or dealing with home/family/nation-related issues (4th House link), and involves diversified work (Mars in Gemini).

Aries Point=Pluto = power / control will be a central life theme

Uranus=Sun/Moon midpoint = innovation & individualism will be central life themes

Venus=Jupiter/Pluto midpoint; MC=Jupiter/Pluto midpoint = highly successful career, involving her creative skills

Zarathu

Account Closed
Well, to begin with, she's an Aquarius, so you know how that goes...

But seriously, I can't see past all the soft aspects in her chart to know (1) if there is anything I should be concerned about or watch out for and (2) if I should be doing anything special as parent.

I've attached her chart and mine.

Thanks!

When people ask questions like this, they are often not asking about the data on the child themselves, but on the potential relationship that they will have with the child as she grows older and what struggles they might have with her during this time.

Are you really looking for a bit of a relationship analysis between you and her?

LoneMars

Thanks Zuri! That's everything a mom wants to hear! Sounds to me like she'll be president! ;)

I'm not showing her Uranus as unaspected, but maybe my orbs are too big. I guess the aspects I see are about 9 degrees off. Anyway, I was under the impression that unaspected planets are fairly uncommon, yet both her and I have 2 unaspected planets in our charts. Oddly enough, we both have unaspected suns AND we both have unaspected planets in aquarius. Curiouser and curiouser...

I really like how you put together a string of aspects into a sentence. That is very helpful to me. While I can say this aspect or placement means a particular thing, it often eludes me how to put the pieces together,

Thanks for your help!

Zarathu

Account Closed
Just FYI, iMO.

using on the the MH to determine a vocational analysis means that you are only looking for how the world will view success for your daughter. Two other elements are just as important. You need to combine the second house and the 6th. The information revolving around the 2nd is her aptitudes. You cannot even begin to know this since it also includes her intelligence etc. And you have to look at her preferred working conditions which involve all the traits around the 6th house and signs.

The 10th house will only work well if she becomes a famous person. Noel Tyl has something called the midheaven extension process. He does regular discussion on this on his forum, but he only does them using famous people or people who had developed very specific somewhat famous fields. Whenever they try with people like sales people or regular run of the mill occupations that we all have, it never works very well. The reason is that aptitude and preferred working conditions come to the front. And it especially true if the chart shows a success for being a nuclear astro-physicist, but they only have an IQ of 115(which is above average and in some places even considered gifted), but it won't get you a PhD in nuclear astrophysics regardless of what your chart says on the MH.

Last edited:

LoneMars

When people ask questions like this, they are often not asking about the data on the child themselves, but on the potential relationship that they will have with the child as she grows older and what struggles they might have with her during this time.

Are you really looking for a bit of a relationship analysis between you and her?

Well, I guess I am. I guess I want to make sure I'm doing everything I should be doing to help her develop. I want to know how she'll respond to life and what challenges she may face, but also how my personality and parenting impacts her, and if I should change my approach.

Zuri

Thanks Zuri! That's everything a mom wants to hear! Sounds to me like she'll be president! ;)

I'm not showing her Uranus as unaspected, but maybe my orbs are too big. I guess the aspects I see are about 9 degrees off. Anyway, I was under the impression that unaspected planets are fairly uncommon, yet both her and I have 2 unaspected planets in our charts. Oddly enough, we both have unaspected suns AND we both have unaspected planets in aquarius. Curiouser and curiouser...

I really like how you put together a string of aspects into a sentence. That is very helpful to me. While I can say this aspect or placement means a particular thing, it often eludes me how to put the pieces together,

Thanks for your help!

Her Uranus is considered peregrine because it makes no major aspects to other planets, within an orb of 6 degrees or less. The two planets that it does aspect have orbs of 8 degrees and 9 degrees, which is too big (i.e., weak influence).

Zuri

Just FYI, iMO.

using on the the MH to determine a vocational analysis means that you are only looking for how the world will view success for your daughter. Two other elements are just as important. You need to combine the second house and the 6th. The information revolving around the 2nd is her aptitudes. You cannot even begin to know this since it also includes her intelligence etc. And you have to look at her preferred working conditions which involve all the traits around the 6th house and signs.

The 10th house will only work well if she becomes a famous person. Noel Tyl has something called the midheaven extension process. He does regular discussion on this on his forum, but he only does them using famous people or people who had developed very specific somewhat famous fields. Whenever they try with people like sales people or regular run of the mill occupations that we all have, it never works very well. The reason is that aptitude and preferred working conditions come to the front. And it especially true if the chart shows a success for being a nuclear astro-physicist, but they only have an IQ of 115(which is above average and in some places even considered gifted), but it won't get you a PhD in nuclear astrophysics regardless of what your chart says on the MH.

The above vocational profile discusses the girl's 10th House, 2nd House, and 6th House. The profile also highlights the elements that SHE (not society) will need in her career, in order to be fulfilled in life. This is especially so because the Moon (representing emotions) figures so central in the MHEP process.

I am a weekly participant in Noel Tyl's vocational exercises. You are incorrect that he only has us do MHEP exercises on famous people. We also do the charts of "regular" people. The MHEP results on my own chart is spot on regarding what I desire in my career (& have mostly done in my career), and I'm a non-famous "regular" person. I've also done the MHEP on "regular" people who I know, and it's worked very well for them.

The MHEP process discusses which career will most fulfill you, not necessarily the career that you currently do. Plenty of people do careers that aren't aligned with their natal charts (due to family pressure, culture, etc.).....and they're very miserable in the process. That's why we hear of lawyers who quit their jobs to become, say, a pastry chef (like CakeLove owner Warren Brown, who is now on the Food Network, did) and similar stories regarding big career changes.

One must also look at the 9th House to see if it's under high developmental tension, which suggests an interrupted education (which, of course, could possibly influence the ability to do the fulfilling career profile). However, this 5-year-old girl's 9th House doesn't have that tension.

Last edited:

RosieOne

She is very artistic and loves color. She's always the most colorful kid in the room. she has an eye for fashion. ii often ask her if what im wearing looks good. I trust her opinion and know she'll give it to me straight. She has to get dressed up to go to bed or to watch cartoons. I guess that's all her libra moon?

Ha! Best darn description of a Libra woman imaginable! Can I send this paragraph to all my Libra women friends? Being an Aquarius myself, I have many many Libra women friends and a Libra daughter too.They will get such a kick out of this description!

Libra Moons and Leo Moons (like me) are what I call, cry-baby Moons. Libra enery is either the most balanced, poised, efficient and graceful energy ever, OR Libra energy is TILT! When a Libra Moon, particularly, goes into TILT (usually caused by sensory overload or bad vibes, too long at the mall or social hurts) they wail like a siren. It is a classic, up and down pitch to their voice, aaaaaAAAaAaaAAAAAAaaaAAAAAAaaaaAAA.

Putting bath salt (or even table salt) into your daughter's bath will take other people's stuff out of her aura and generally help with TILT. She needs to rebalance and then she will be amazing and harmonious again.

LoneMars

Her Uranus is considered peregrine because it makes no major aspects to other planets, within an orb of 6 degrees or less. The two planets that it does aspect have orbs of 8 degrees and 9 degrees, which is too big (i.e., weak influence).

Got it! Thanks!

Zarathu

Account Closed
Zuri,

We will have to disagree on the Tyl Method here. I've been on the Tyl Forum in various names since 1999. I know Noel Tyl quite well, though at the moment(and probably forever) he is not happy with me, and will not permit me to post as myself.

While I think Noel Tyl is a genius in many ways, I find his Midheaven extension method shallow, and focusing mostly on the Midheaven---with the needs represented by the midheaven as the primary. I know many many people who have found that it didn't even come close to what they were currently doing career wise. Some of them are on this forum. Some of them are on his forum, and have confided this privately to me. It works for some people, that is true.

When people disagree with the results, then Noel says that what they are actually doing is wrong and the techniques shows what their inner needs say they should be doing. That's nice, but not terribly useful, IMO.

But astrologers differ in their technique. The Tyl method is a psychological astrology, and as such it will bear very accurately on what they might be thinking. But in my large experience, what we think about what happens doesn't even come close to what the events of what happens are. So we have a situation typical of the Tyl Method. It measures very accurately how they might think about careers, but not necessarily what they end up doing in their career. Noel calls this "Psychological Need Astrology", and he assures us that his astrology will show what the person actually needs, not what they end up doing. It is based on a kind of clinical psychology that no practioners still use.

Its ingenuous, IMO, to end up saying that if the astrology doesn't match, then its because their real life is not meeting their personal needs. I would prefer to say that Free Will just intervenes, which seems less as an apology for my inaccurate astrology, and more a statement of the human condition.

I would prefer an astrology that focusses more directly on actual events that are likely to happen, including the events of career and vocations.

But to each his own, and many find the Tyl Method to be their own.

Z

P.S.: BTW, I find that alamost astrologies that work on vocations to be somewhat shallow unless the astrologer has a way of assessing four kinds of information:

a. The actual mental ability of the client. Many jobs require a genetic mental ability quotient.

b. The actual mental aptitudes to do the job, which may or not be a function of the mental ability, depending on what instrument is used to measure it.

c. An understanding of the actual situation in the job markets both in a general way(The Dictionary of Occupational Titles has more than 10,000 different jobs in it), and in a specific way, as to how many of the jobs are actually available in the country of origin.

d. The actual Mental Temperament type of the person, which will give a much clearer and specific measurement of the kinds of jobs that a person is suited to have.

IMO, the astrology of vocations is so much much more complicated than the Quick Big Bell approach of Noel Tyl that it just plain distresses me. But then I come from a world of psychological testing, vocational analysis in the world of professional psychology, and REAL psychological needs analysis developed through not just one presentation in a horoscope but through many counseling sessions using Cognitive Behavior Therapy. I couldn't just walk away from my clients after one session. And believe me as a practioner, there is no such thing as ONE Session Therapy.

LoneMars

Ha! Best darn description of a Libra woman imaginable! Can I send this paragraph to all my Libra women friends? Being an Aquarius myself, I have many many Libra women friends and a Libra daughter too.They will get such a kick out of this description!

Libra Moons and Leo Moons (like me) are what I call, cry-baby Moons. Libra enery is either the most balanced, poised, efficient and graceful energy ever, OR Libra energy is TILT! When a Libra Moon, particularly, goes into TILT (usually caused by sensory overload or bad vibes, too long at the mall or social hurts) they wail like a siren. It is a classic, up and down pitch to their voice, aaaaaAAAaAaaAAAAAAaaaAAAAAAaaaaAAA.

Putting bath salt (or even table salt) into your daughter's bath will take other people's stuff out of her aura and generally help with TILT. She needs to rebalance and then she will be amazing and harmonious again.

Of course! I've never been quoted before. :joyful:

OMG! You are so right about the siren. It breaks my heart. She is cool calm and collected 90% of the time, but sometimes, I feel like I have to talk her down from the edge. Worse yet, its usually my fault she's there.

Actual conversation: Me: "You need to hurry up and pick out a shirt. We're late." Her: "OoooOOOookaaaAAAAaaaaAAAAaaayyyyyyyy." (runs off crying.)

I know its not what I say that affects her like this but my expression. I get this hounds of hell look in my eyes when I'm not happy. I've never seen it, but from the reports of my husband and parents, its legitimately scary. She's so sweet, it must be horrible.

Last edited:

LoneMars

Well, I guess I am. I guess I want to make sure I'm doing everything I should be doing to help her develop. I want to know how she'll respond to life and what challenges she may face, but also how my personality and parenting impacts her, and if I should change my approach.

I'm posting a synestry chart, in case anyone wants to take a look at it. I think the problem with her moon is bigger than I realized. My Venus is square her moon, with no other contacts. While I'm not sure how much damage Venus can do, it is in Capricorn and my venus is square my pluto.

I also see another problem we have. My neptune opposite her mars. In our free time, she wants to play, go somewhere, do anything while want to sit on the couch and read. She usually wins this war, though. I think this problem will be self correcting as she gets older and starts developing her own social calendar, which I already know will be packed.

I am getting pretty concerned about her moon though. I worry that she'll grow up feeling unloved.

Attachments

• synestry.jpg
    synestry.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 20

RosieOne

Hi Zarathu!

The 10th house will only work well if she becomes a famous person.

I'm really confused. Many/most famous people followed their Midheaven. But many others, who didn't succeed didn't - right? So doesn't that mean that following our Midheavens leads to success while not doing so doesn't? Lots of people don't get anywhere near expressing their MHs so of course they don't succeed in the way they might have, or dreamed they might. We study scopes of successful people to see how they pulled off success. Had they not pulled of their MHs we wouldn't study them - right?

Obviously we need to look at scopes holistically, and absolutely the 2nd, 6th and 10th Houses combine to show us vocational aptitudes. But I find that encouraging clients to express their Midheavens, even in small symbolic ways, is a great and immediate tonic. Because yes, the 10th House is how the world sees us, potentially at least - but it also describes the very height of our dreams and goals. Resisting or ignoring our MHs does not lead to success anymore than resisting our Risings (or IC or Descendant) does, in my experience.

Last edited:

RosieOne

Mercy! Pluto conjunct Saturn in Scorpio - I get this hounds of hell look in my eyes when I'm not happy. I've never seen it, but from the reports of my husband and parents, its legitimately scary. She's so sweet, it must be horrible.

On HER Descendant (you are her teacher, her Guru) within orb of her Moon!
Ha, this will teach you how to wield those lazar eyes, Mom! Reminds me of:

The MOM Song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXgoJ0f5EsQ&list=PLF49B1751307EC5A7

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now first of all, being an Aquarium I really don't take Libra TILTS that seriously. I mean, of course they can't be little Miss perfects all the time.

You have Leo Moon (me too) which is the other cry-baby Moon of the zodiac. The down side of a Leo Moon is being a drama Queen and narcissistic - but hey, you are a Capricorn which keeps you more sensible. Just watch out for self pity. Or rather, allow yourself a one hour (only) pity party and then refuse to feel sorry for yourself.

Have you ever closed down your heart to this child? The UP side of a Leo Moon is FULL OUT OPEN HEART, blazing forever. No matter how mad I have ever been with my children, I never once have closed my heart to them. And they know it as sure as they know fire is warm. No child of a Leo Moon Mom feels unloved. They can feel over loved, or manipulated, but not unloved. Never.

Next, regarding your Saturn/Pluto conjunction. Talk to her about it. Watch the Mom Song together. And repeat often, "If I am not having fun as a Mom, that is MY problem."

Which is to say, when you get angry, when you start lecturing, when you get Scorpio stinging - give yourself a time-out. When you can laugh again, when you have processed the heaviness - which has nothing to do with her, and even if it does, YOU are the Mom, which is the power-up position, so it is your job to act like an adult. And she doesn't WANT to make you angry. She wants to please you, it is just that she is the kid this time around. Enjoy her, and she will continue to bloom beautifully.

Last edited:

LoneMars

Ha! Thanks Rosie! I love the mom song. Yep that's me!

One time I told her if she's late too many times, she'll get kicked out of school and have to work in a coal mine when she grows up. (She's in pre-k) She actually took it pretty well. Now when I tell her we don't want to be late (providing it a good morning, and most are) she says "yeah, I don't want to get kicked out of school."

You are exactly right about the lecturing and the sting and the heaviness AND it being my problem. I like your idea about time outs for mommy. i know daddy will love it! ;)

I also tend to tell her to stiffen up that upper lip, be tough, don't cry. I hate when I do that. There is no reason she shouldn't cry when she needs to. I remember crying for absolutely no reason a lot as a kid. ( Leo moon?).

I guess just worry about whether your child feels loved enough, probably is a good indication that they are.

Thanks for the therapy session. You are entirely right!

Last edited:

RosieOne

As I predicted :lol: my Libra women friends and family absolutely LOVED your description of your Libra Moon daughter.

Also, every Libra I have ever known I have caught out secretly doing Feng Shui activism. When they think no one is looking, they will move the vase of flowers on your mantle a couple inches, north or south. They straighten pictures, or discreetly rearrange your coffee table books, or shove your chairs around, so that everything is "just so".

Now I also want to warn you to not punish your daughter for being Tom Sawyer. One day when I was about age 8 my neighborhood friends came to the door to see if I could play. I told them I had to clean the bathroom before I could go play. My Mom was very strict about chores.

Ten minutes later my Mom comes to check on me and finds 10 kids cleaning the bathroom, and doing a super good job AND best yet, having a grand time doing it.

Mom freaked and I got grounded for a week. Understandable but wrong. Your daughter is gifted in the realm of team work and community. It is a good thing. Be proud. She is wonderful.

Last edited: