Transiting Saturn Returns in Birth Chart

Agam880

Hello,

My birth details are below:

Birth: 18th August, 1986 at 19:05 hrs in Kolkata, India.

My birth chart Saturn is in Scorpio, and, currently Transiting Saturn is also in Scorpio with Mars (R). What are the effects of this transit? How strong is the impact of Saturn returns? What are the likely effects of the same?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_agam.65692.5431.gif
    astro_2gw_01_agam.65692.5431.gif
    103.5 KB · Views: 44

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hi Agam,

The attached natal chart is showing a natal Saturn in Sagittarius, and a transiting Saturn in the same sign. Your Saturn Return was direct last Fall. But the effects of a Saturn Return can be felt for up to a year.

A Saturn Return is a time of major reassessment. This is a time when people usually ask themselves questions about their life plans, and what must be done to grow and move forward.

Saturn is a master teacher and will give lessons that may cause some difficulty. There may be structuring and restructuring, responsibilities, delays, losses. These serve a purpose however, Saturn is the Way- Shower, he shows us the path of karmic destiny, soul purpose and growth.

The 9 house transit may indicate issues around your belief system, higher education and travel.

The major transits have a significant impact upon the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual bodies. The planetary energy is transmitted to the body via the chakras, and then is distributed to the entire body via the endocrine system. The Saturn Return activates the Emotional Body, specially via the Solar Plexus and Heart Chakra. This is a time when feelings about self and others are examined. The goal is emotional mastery, staying centered despite the extremes of pain and joy.

Julia

Agam880

Hi Agam,

Your Saturn Return was direct last Fall. But the effects of a Saturn Return can be felt for up to a year. A Saturn Return is a time of major reassessment. This is a time when people usually ask themselves questions about their life plans, and what must be done to grow and move forward.

Julia

Hi Julia,

Since last September me and my wife started growing apart which ultimately led to separation and likely divorce. Currently I am going through the most difficult part of my life. Everything seems to be falling apart. Can you tell me if Saturn returns are permanent changes or do things recover overtime?

Which are the other transits which may be impacting me and when is my time likely to improve?

Lin

It wasn't only Saturn that was no on 'your side' when it came to marriage. Pluto has been square your natal Venus.
People change over time. Some people change drastically and that causes the marriage to change.
Saturn shines a light on the area of your life you need to work on. It is the 'tester.' It tests the area and the people in that area to see if it is strong enough to survive.

If your marriage is not surviving it's because either or both of you were tested and the marriage itself was just not strong enough or had the quality to survive.

Unless there are 'other people' involved (one or both of you has another love object) you could try to repair the marriage by seeking an intervention of an objective 3rd party.

I see your work is a problematic area also. but that should work out well with time.

No one planet is EVER responsible for crisis in our lives. We, as individuals also have to take responsibility for some of the bad things happening. And this is because we often take for granted the things we acquire and then do not pay attention to them.....assuming we will always have them.

Look at your life and see if you are guilty of this.

Neptune is also a problem in your chart. It is possible that your wife seems "invisible" in your marriage...because Neptune is opposing your 7th house cusp. You might be so distracted by other issues in your life that you did not cherish her or make her feel special.

If YOU are now very different from the person she married you can understand how this could compromise the relationship.
LIN

Last edited:

Agam880

Unless there are 'other people' involved (one or both of you has another love object) you could try to repair the marriage by seeking an intervention of an objective 3rd party.

Actually, a 3rd party is involved at her end. I am seeking intervention from my In-laws. They are quite supportive, but afterall she is an individual, we cant coerce her. But, the relationship that she has gotten into is not a serious one, nor is it so easily socially acceptable.

Neptune is also a problem in your chart. It is possible that your wife seems "invisible" in your marriage...because Neptune is opposing your 7th house cusp. You might be so distracted by other issues in your life that you did not cherish her or make her feel special.

I often think may be I was partly to blame for this. I may have taken her for granted. But I cant accept that she would change her orientation for that. Yet the part where I am guilty, I accept my faults.

So, as time goes on, will things improve? When am I expected to have some better time? Will I have a better time when the aspects change?

Julia Karmic Astrology

Agam,

I am sorry to hear that you are going through a very difficult time right now.

The advice given by others on this thread is good advice, and yes there are a number of other transits affecting you right now. It is understandable that you are feeling overwhelmed.

In terms of your request for a time line, an easy answer is that a Saturn Return can last for up to a year, and yours started last October, so things could be resolved at the latest by next Fall.

However, much depends upon how we handle transits in determining a time line and outcome.
Transits are not just energy to somehow get through.
We need to learn the lessons given to us, or we will simply re-visit the issue again in the future.

How long a situation will last may depend upon our choices and decisions in the face of adversity.

In karmic astrology we believe that the horoscope reflects karma good and bad from past lives, and lessons and opportunity for growth that we have chosen in this incarnation.
So it is something we have chosen to deal with in this life.

In the west we believe more in free will than a fated life script.
A pathway to dealing with karmic lessons and challenging planetary energy are free ill and personality responsibility. Most adverse situations do not have to be permanent, and can in fact have have a positive outcome.

In Karmic Astrology, a Saturn Return is the first major transit of adulthood. We move from the physical aspects of the 20’s, such as mate selection, schooling and career, into an understanding of feelings for self and others, our ability to handle our emotions in a mature way, to take responsibility, and work around limitations.

You also have Venus in your 7th house of relationships, meaning that partnerships will be karmic in nature in this life. There are old issues coming forward in terms of power, control, will, jealously, and illusion. You have other significant markers in your chart about the karmic nature of relationships, the nodal axis. In this life, one of your soul purposes is to work on relationships, balancing the needs of your self with the needs of your partner in a harmonious way.

I can see that you are taking responsibility for the part you have played in your marital situation.
If you have been self-focused and unappreciative, perhaps you should communicate this to your wife and devise a plan to be a better husband. She likewise will need to take responsibly for the ways she has handled the marital problems. It would be a good thing for you to consider marriage counseling in order to identity the problems in the marriage, to decide to stay or leave the situation. If you stay, be happy together, having matured and learned what you needed to learn to be a better person and husband. Or if the marriage is not meant to be, accept this and walk away a wiser man, and do not repeat the mistakes in a second marriage.

To my way of thinking, this would be a most profound and appropriate use of Saturn Return energy.

I am sending you light and prayers so you may handle this current time with maturity, wisdom, and compassion.

Julia

Agam880

Hi Julia,

Thanks for your response.
I am sending you light and prayers so you may handle this current time with maturity, wisdom, and compassion.

Julia
I was really touched by those kind words, compassion and warmth. May the light and prayers help me to face the consequences with greater strength. Rabindranath Tagore in his prayer (ballad) to the almighty wrote:

I do not pray to protect me from perils, let me be fearless.
Amidst sorrow and pain, I may not be consoled, let me overcome.
I need not be helped, just let my strength hold.

A pathway to dealing with karmic lessons and challenging planetary energy are free ill and personality responsibility. Most adverse situations do not have to be permanent, and can in fact have have a positive outcome.

Infact, I have realized my part of the faults and am eager to make amends. I have dug deep within the discover where I am lacking. I have realized that I have grown up to be weak hearted because I was always lucky in life. Since I have not faced any major hurdle or even minor set-backs in life, I have not learnt to face adversities. Do the stars also indicate this?

You also have Venus in your 7th house of relationships, meaning that partnerships will be karmic in nature in this life. There are old issues coming forward in terms of power, control, will, jealously, and illusion. You have other significant markers in your chart about the karmic nature of relationships, the nodal axis. In this life, one of your soul purposes is to work on relationships, balancing the needs of your self with the needs of your partner in a harmonious way.

I am very dependent on this relationship (only one in life). All my emotional well-being is tied to this. May be this was my soul's lesson, to be independant. So like the poem I mentioned earlier, I shall make every possible effort to accept whatever happens while trying with all might to recover things (untill all is lost).

Thanks for your kind words. If possible do direct me on my question on being anxious and lucky. And, do keep me in your prayers.

Agam

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hi Julia,

Thanks for your response.

I was really touched by those kind words, compassion and warmth. May the light and prayers help me to face the consequences with greater strength. Rabindranath Tagore in his prayer (ballad) to the almighty wrote:

I do not pray to protect me from perils, let me be fearless.
Amidst sorrow and pain, I may not be consoled, let me overcome.
I need not be helped, just let my strength hold.

Agam, This is a very beautiful prayer and quite fitting for you at this time.
Thank you for sharing it.

, I have realized my part of the faults and am eager to make amends. I have dug deep within the discover where I am lacking. I have realized that I have grown up to be weak hearted because I was always lucky in life. Since I have not faced any major hurdle or even minor set-backs in life, I have not learnt to face adversities. Do the stars also indicate this?

Yes Jupiter is in your first house, quite close to your Ascendent. This shows us that you came into this incarnation expecting to have your needs meet, feeling optimistic, and trusting the world. This soul will have an inherent optimism and faith in others, and may wish to grow and expand in this life. This attitude may be contagious and may promote luck and good will in the environment. The Pisces Ascendent points to your spiritual and intuitive view of the world.

At the same time, you can see the challenging energy in your chart, so it means that there would come a time when it was time for you to learn lessons, mature and grow. Your basic optimism, trust, and spirituality will be strong coping methods when dealing with hardship.

Also it is part of the human existence to make mistakes and learn from them. Poor judgement leads to good judgement.

I am very dependent on this relationship (only one in life). All my emotional well-being is tied to this. May be this was my soul's lesson, to be independent.

This issue is one of primary importance in your current life. To make sure you address this issue your chart repeats the message in the clearest of terms. If you look at your chart you will see that your North Node is in First house Aries. Your South Node is 7 Libra. The nodes are located in the natural homes of the signs. So a double message about the need to balance Self and Others. Also Venus in the 7 house repeats the message of relationships being karmic in the lifetime, and a need for balance. The South Node in Libra is telling us that in past lives you put yourself aside meeting the needs of others. You lacked the confidence to see yourself as an independent person, and your validation was solely from your interactions with others. In this life you will need to gain confidence as your own person. You may vacillate back and forth between being self focused and other focused as you learn to achieve a balance. How to be a good partner but also an autonomous individual. Facing these issues may create anxiety.

So like the poem I mentioned earlier, I shall make every possible effort to accept whatever happens while trying with all might to recover things (untill all is lost).

Yes, right now, work on your journey and make your improvements. Learn what you need to learn. This way you will have kept your options open to stay in the marriage as a better husband, or to be successfully single if it comes to that.

Thank you for your kind words. If possible do direct me on my question on being anxious and lucky. And, do keep me in your prayers.

Agam

I hope I addressed your questions Agam, let me know if you still have questions. And I will keep you in my prayers.

Julia

Last edited:

Agam880

Hi,

Glad that you liked it. If you are interested in Philosophical poetry, I highly recommend reading Tagore. He was the first non-native english poets to win Nobel Prize. Here's a link for all enthusiasts (http://www.schoolofwisdom.com/history/teachers/rabindranath-tagore/gitanjali/).

Rabindranath Tagore'I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever.'
(www.elephantjournal.com/2014/05/audrey-hepburns-favorite-poem-unending-love/)

I hope I addressed your questions Agam, let me know if you still have questions.
Julia

Just one last question. Since my wife has made a life changing choice, its unlikely that she will return. Crushed as I am, I still believe in her freedom of choice. I always wanted her to discover herself. I hate people who are shallow, and, inner depth needs to be explored within one self (soul). She always loved me, in a platonic way, may be she still does, but now that she is doubting her orientation, I should probably her her sort herself out first. If she is happy in this process, its perhaps for the best. The loss of a best friend is why I am grieving (and also the fact that this is my first breakup/set back).

But my question is, are all my relations supposed to be ill-fated and doomed? Or will my future relations turn out to be better?

Julia Karmic Astrology

Hi,

Glad that you liked it. If you are interested in Philosophical poetry, I highly recommend reading Tagore. He was the first non-native english poets to win Nobel Prize. Here's a link for all enthusiasts (http://www.schoolofwisdom.com/history/teachers/rabindranath-tagore/gitanjali/).

Rabindranath Tagore'I seem to have loved you in numberless forms, numberless times, in life after life, in age after age forever.'
(www.elephantjournal.com/2014/05/audrey-hepburns-favorite-poem-unending-love/)

Thank you so much Agam for introducing me to Tagore. His poems are very beautiful. He is a true mystic with a connection to the Divine which shines throughout his work. Tagore's love poem, Unending Love has to be one of the best love poems of all times. I can see why it was Audrey Hepburn's favorite poem.

Just one last question. Since my wife has made a life changing choice, its unlikely that she will return. Crushed as I am, I still believe in her freedom of choice. I always wanted her to discover herself. I hate people who are shallow, and, inner depth needs to be explored within one self (soul). She always loved me, in a platonic way, may be she still does, but now that she is doubting her orientation, I should probably her her sort herself out first. If she is happy in this process, its perhaps for the best. The loss of a best friend is why I am grieving (and also the fact that this is my first breakup/set back).

When a heart is broken, it takes time to heal. It is like a physical injury. The heart chakra is weakened and faltering, trying to shut down. This is a time to be kind and gentle with yourself. And give yourself time to heal.

It is a very good thing to recognize that your spouse must find her own way and work her own journey. In past lives (Libra South Node), you were enmeshed and fused with partners. You have made progress if can recognize that she is separate from you and must find out who she is. You cannot control this, nor should you. If she cannot love you as a wife should love a husband, then you have the answer. Both of you need to move on and be happy.

A Saturn Transit is about structuring and re-structuring. This describes your situation very well.

(And yes, since you like people who are complex, that means relationships may not always be easy or simple.)

my question is, are all my relations supposed to be ill-fated and doomed? Or will my future relations turn out to be better?
Agam,

You are most certainly not doomed. Please do not give this "doomed" notion any energy, for it is simply not true.

As shown in your natal chart, the nodal axis, a karmic goal in this life is self-development, being empowered as an individual. You have the potential for loving, harmonious relationships as well. The energy is in your chart to make this happen, as I have indicated. A Libra Venus in the 7h has an excellent chance to have a happy marriage with more than one opportunity. (You do have a few bumps to iron out as indicated by the Venus square to Mars and Neptune.)

We are not meant to be victims in this life, to be miserable and unhappy. That is not the point of incarnation. We are meant to love, live and work well. To be happy and to evolve as souls, to make a contribution.

Every natal chart is full of promise, hope and beautiful energy, as well as challenges, to help us learn, grow and evolve. We come to this planet to attain enlightenment. Our lives are not doomed or fated.

If this were the case, that the stars had complete control over our lives, what would be the point of incarnation? We would be little more than automatons.

Our natal chart does not change, but the changing energy (transits) do affect us for good or ill, according to our response to that energy. We do not have to respond in a negative fashion. The stars do not need to control us. We control our destiny. We have free will.

An understanding of the planetary influence allows you to take control of your life and let the planets help you in your evolution. We can ride the cosmic waves successfully, or let them drown us. It is our choice.

Agam, I know your heart is broken; it will take you time to heal. But what I am hearing you say, taking responsibility, letting your wife find her way in life, and getting help to move forward bodes well for you.

Prayers and Light,

Julia

Last edited:

Agam880

Hello,

I am overjoyed that you liked Tagore's work. I am a big fan, and am glad that I could introduced a genuine appreciator to his fine mysticism.

T
You have the potential for loving, harmonious relationships as well. The energy is in your chart to make this happen, as I have indicated. A Libra Venus in the 7h has an excellent chance to have a happy marriage with more than one opportunity. (You do have a few bumps to iron out as indicated by the Venus square to Mars and Neptune.)

Glad to hear this. Even though I do realize that I need to rediscover my own sovereignty; yet I have a wanton hunger for family and kids. I just wanted a reassurance that I shall have a satisfactory marital/family life. Its important to me that I am not denied these worldly pleasures.

My work life is a bit disturbed due to the sudden accidental event that has been caused in my personal life, I hope my professional life would soon be in its own gear and I shall enjoy a comfortable financial life.

Prayers and Light to you too.. God bless.. You are doing good work..

Agam

Julia Karmic Astrology

Agam,

I look forward to enjoying Tagore’s work, thank you again for the introduction to his work.

Some last comments from me if you do not mind.

As I indicated, you have Venus, a planet representing relationships and love, located in the 7 house, the house of relationships, and in the sign of Libra, a sign of relationships. Generally this means you will have many opportunities for marriage. If you remain single, it will be because it is your choice.

You have Cancer on the cusp of your 5th house, the house of children. This gives you a strong nurturing energy, and you will have a strong desire to mother your children, and you will be quite loyal and devoted to them. Mercury located in the 5th house indicates an easy flow of creative energy, including producing children. One of your children will be from a past life, someone who was a friend or sibling. The nice energy from your 7h Venus to your 5h of children and Mercury there is showing that the children will be produced in a stable love relationship.

You may tend to worry about your children too much, take care not to do so, or you could pass your anxiety on to the children.

The is a karmic challenge/block to the marriage energy. This is shown by the Venus square to Neptune. The Venus/Neptune aspect shows us a soul looking for its soulmate, but may quickly grasp at straws. You may be confused and deceived in relationships. You may put a partner on a pedestal, expecting them to be perfect. You may refuse to see the problems in the relationship. You will need to take care to use good judgement in mate selection. And love the person the way they are, not the way you want them to be. Healthy boundaries must be set, as in past lives partners have walked over you. (Same message as South Node in 7h Libra).

Returning to work will be good for you, there is some coming energy that will give you discipline, will and vigor to put into career.

Best wishes to you Agam.

Julia

Agam880

You have Cancer on the cusp of your 5th house, the house of children. This gives you a strong nurturing energy, and you will have a strong desire to mother your children, and you will be quite loyal and devoted to them.

The nice energy from your 7h Venus to your 5h of children and Mercury there is showing that the children will be produced in a stable love relationship.

You may be confused and deceived in relationships. You may put a partner on a pedestal, expecting them to be perfect. You may refuse to see the problems in the relationship. You will need to take care to use good judgement in mate selection.

Julia

Absolutely bang-on. This is very very accurate. I am also glad to hear that children will be produced from stable healthy love partnership, this is important because I see so many households that are marred by abusive parents and the kids suffer in the process.

I have a tendency to idolize my partner. The liberation that I am seeking right now will help ease some of that. Its a difficult journey: "Miles to go before I sleep"..

Agam