information on returns

opiumchild

anyone know any good information on return charts in general..

maybe im not good at googling but i cant seem to find much information

right now im looking at my venus return and saturn return

in the venus i have venus conjunct the ASC (Gemini) and conjunct Mercury (chart ruler) so I am curious how it will all play...

i would post up a chart but i know sometimes they dont get responses, so thought i would at least try to look first

anyone know of any good info?

JUPITERASC

anyone know any good information on return charts in general..

maybe im not good at googling but i cant seem to find much information

right now im looking at my venus return and saturn return

in the venus i have venus conjunct the ASC (Gemini) and conjunct Mercury (chart ruler) so I am curious how it will all play...

i would post up a chart but i know sometimes they dont get responses, so thought i would at least try to look first

anyone know of any good info?
Our EDUCATION BOARD has an article on SOLAR RETURN CHART http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17763 with a discussion at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12696

A Solar Return Chart or any Return Chart
is not read as 'stand alone'
but is read with the Natal Chart kept in mind
because of the Natal Promise

In ancient times the Solar Return was known as THE SOLAR REVOLUTION :smile:
discussed by working astrologer Vettius Valens two thousand years ago in his famous ANTHOLOGY
now available FREE online translated from the Ancient Greek by Professor Riley
http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/Vettius Valens entire.pdf

Zarathu

Account Closed
Most of the best information in the world is researched by real people who have spent a lot of their time doing it and are not likely to give it up for free.

You need to buy a book. Be happy to tell you the one you want to buy, if you want to know.

opiumchild

I know of the Identifying Planetary Triggers by Celeste Teal, but haven't been able to get my hands on it yet

But yeah, any online or printed resources would be awesome... I have found some info on the Solar/Lunar/Saturn returns, but I don't know if I'm just not using my intuition correctly or not, but I have a thirst for more information ahha so yes, anything would be fantastic :)

I understand why those who have studied this wouldn't be so keen to share their insights without some kind of reimbursement, but if there are those who are that is very much welcome :)

I have mostly only done work with natal charts for a more psychological state, so the transits and returns and all that stuff is still fairly new to me... I want to start with the basics when it comes to the transits and returns, but eventually if i get the hang of it i want to start looking into the midpoints as well... but i know i need to start at square 1

thank you!

Zarathu

Account Closed
I know of the Identifying Planetary Triggers by Celeste Teal, but haven't been able to get my hands on it yet

But yeah, any online or printed resources would be awesome... I have found some info on the Solar/Lunar/Saturn returns, but I don't know if I'm just not using my intuition correctly or not, but I have a thirst for more information ahha so yes, anything would be fantastic :)

I understand why those who have studied this wouldn't be so keen to share their insights without some kind of reimbursement, but if there are those who are that is very much welcome :)

I have mostly only done work with natal charts for a more psychological state, so the transits and returns and all that stuff is still fairly new to me... I want to start with the basics when it comes to the transits and returns, but eventually if i get the hang of it i want to start looking into the midpoints as well... but i know i need to start at square 1

thank you!

I used to use planetary and lunar returns exclusively. However, I switched to Tertiary and Minor progressions, except for specific circumstances like financial or love looks or for entrepreneurial looks. But to use the progressions you have to be using AstrolDeluxe by Halloran. The other programs are way off due to how the programs calculate them. Solar Fire is actually almost 5 clock hours off at birth and then rising a certain number of minutes or falling each year.

JUPITERASC

Any planetary return is as easily ACCURATELY calculated as a natal chart

i.e.
get the degree and minute of the natal planet that is being researched from the natal chart

then

create another chart using natal chart format
for when the planet being researched is at that same degree and minute as on the date of birth
but at times AFTER the date of birth that are of interest
:smile:

ASTRODIENST 6000 YEAR EPHEMERIS IS FREE to check for any date required http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

opiumchild

haha oh i know how to calculate the return charts...

just curious on interpretation of it

like i know the ASC of the return is important, as well as the placement of the return planet in question. i also understand that any natal aspects made to given return planet are also important in the return chart, as well as any planets conjunct the angles on the return chart

but like for instance with the Saturn return... mine will take total 3 years (including its regression), occurring at the end of this year. i have calculated the day and hour of when it returns EXACTLY, but from what I have been reading it is supposed to start as soon as it enters its natal sign? so then you would have to interpret it the entire time while its in the sign... but then you dont do that for the solar or other ones?

so info in general, or where to find it is nifty :) i have my venus return coming up in july and i looked at it and was super excited, but then i started looking up and realized the cardinal grand cross thats happening in april is gonna occur on the angles of my chart, and im gonna have some heavy uranus influence for awhile on my DSC... and Mars on my ASC for a bit... so im not even sure if i can look forward to my venus return anymore :p

i also have this wonderful habit of getting so engrossed in a particular subject, be it midpoints or parts or planetary returns or progressions... but i cant help but get disheartened by some of it... so if people have had accurate results using these that would be nifty to know as well :)

opiumchild

also i had gotten bored yesterday and started trying to predict possible indications of marriage/childbirth looking at the progressions, tertiary progressions, solar returns etc... and seeing if i could find a common theme

and then i realized that the website i was on was using both birth location and current location as reference places, which throughly confused me and mad me question everything i had spent the last few hours going through hahaha *sigh* i understand ill never be able to get a simple answer, but was wondering if there was also a general-ish consensus on the best type of method to use :p i know thats not as easy of a question as it appears though and prolly for the most part unrelated to my original question hahaa

thank you both for your replies!