Do people with dignified Venus have better taste?

astrocali

I don't think taste is subjective. There is a consensus that certain artists are the best in the world and their art comes with huge price tags. As an artists work becomes sought after whether it be a fashion designer, furniture design or painter their value rises. That value dictates good taste. I can decorate a room in a style that isn't my own or dress someone from another culture but I would always do it with taste. Because taste requires more than just an opinion about whether you like something or not. Taste has to do with what we have learned from the past and brought to the present. For instance, the painter Thomas Kinkaide is in poor taste. So is Yanni, yellow cars, and linoleum. Because society as a whole finds them lacking in value. While collectively the masses agree that Picasso, The Beatles and black cars are in good taste. So are hardwood floors. You might not personally agree with what is considered in good taste but collectively it is known and a great value put upon them.

Last edited:

david starling

Still remember this ad about a stylish tuna named Charlie, who wants to be a star--"Sorry Charlie. Starkist isn't looking for a fish with good taste, we're looking for a fish that tastes good!" :pinched:

Beigecoffee

I have Venus is Scorpio in my first house. It also trines my Saturn. My taste is different than ordinary taste of people in my area. I like dark art, black and white photos, also colours I like are maroon, olive, black, beige,... People find me really mysterious, but I should mention that I'm first house Pluto too. Art is something deep for me, usually I run to it just to run from reality. But, my clothing style is unusual but I have a good taste, I think. But I don't care what others think, I love my style. :D

Chrysalis

I have Venus is Scorpio in my first house. It also trines my Saturn. My taste is different than ordinary taste of people in my area. I like dark art, black and white photos, also colours I like are maroon, olive, black, beige,... People find me really mysterious, but I should mention that I'm first house Pluto too. Art is something deep for me, usually I run to it just to run from reality. But, my clothing style is unusual but I have a good taste, I think. But I don't care what others think, I love my style. :D

Yours is interesting, as i have venus conjunct pluto in libra, and i can relate to a lot of what you've said too about myself.

Ive got my own style, i don't care what others think, i wear what i want when i want. I do have a passion for black though too, and dark velvet material items of clothing. And i always get complimented on how i dress.

I like dark art too, i'm not into the flowery stuff, there's gotta be some sort of depth to it, mysterious and intriguing, soulful and passionate.

Arts a big thing for me too, this past few days my heads been a bit hectic, and just doodling away as really helped bring me to a level.

Abby83

OK, this is kind of a silly question. :lol: But I'm genuinely interested what you think about this. If you have your Venus in Taurus, Libra or Pisces, do you think you have a good taste? Do other people with strong Venus give you this impression? What exactly in your opinion makes a good taste? Good style of clothing? Good music preferences? Good cooking abilities?

By the way, if your Venus is in Aries, Scorpio or Virgo, your input is veeery appreciated. Do you have... a bad taste??? :surprised:

I honestly don't think it matters because everybody has different needs based on their charts. I can tell you that I have venus in virgo and my mum has venus in scorpio and we are both fantastic at home decorating, cooking, music and we love painting and are naturally good at dancing and rhythm. Yet I know a couple of venus in pisces women who wouldn't have a clue in these very same venus areas. So to me, it doesn't make a difference.

Abby83

This question is a little too subjective. I may think my taste or another person's taste is awesome and someone else may beg to differ. :happy:

Anyway, I have Venus in Pisces and, like snuffle, I think I have good taste. I wonder however how much this has to do with Venus. Some of my music taste certainly does, as well as how affected I am by quality, symmetry, and other factors that contribute to beauty, but I consider fashion to be a form of a self-expression which I always attributed to my 5th house Moon and Ascendant. I think a strong Venus may heighten one's reception to beauty in the environment but not necessarily lead to good taste as judged by others.

My bf has Venus in Taurus in the first house (along with Sun and Merc in Taurus) and of course I think he has excellent taste as well. He plays five instruments and is slated to open the first of his restaurants early next year. I don't see Venus being in its rulership as the sole factor here. Venus is in the first, conjunct the Sun and ruling it, rules the 2nd house, to begin with. I wouldn't go too far with the traditional attributions either because his Venus is also combust (unless you also consider it being in its "chariot", which some pay attention to and others don't.)

I think the condition of the 2nd house ruler would be better at describing a person's taste. Mine is Jupiter in it's own sign in sag in the 1st house!! My taste in Venusian matters is definitely abundant and expands my mind.

Beigecoffee

Yours is interesting, as i have venus conjunct pluto in libra, and i can relate to a lot of what you've said too about myself.

Ive got my own style, i don't care what others think, i wear what i want when i want. I do have a passion for black though too, and dark velvet material items of clothing. And i always get complimented on how i dress.

I like dark art too, i'm not into the flowery stuff, there's gotta be some sort of depth to it, mysterious and intriguing, soulful and passionate.

Arts a big thing for me too, this past few days my heads been a bit hectic, and just doodling away as really helped bring me to a level.

Same here, as I said, but also I like older art, vintage etc. Probably because Saturn trines my Venus, and yes, I'm in love with an older guy hehe. :3

piercethevale

So, you're trading in Scorpio rising for Mars in Taurus. Interesting. Using your Sign-boundaries, I'm very Aquarian, instead of very Piscean. But, I also have Moon in Capricorn instead of Aquarius. :crying:
Uh, is your Venus more dignified Tropically, or with your Sidereal settings?

That's the problem. I don't believe in any of these designations other that my belief that there is definitely something additional given a planet or luminary found in a sign it rules.
Venus in my chart is almost exactly square (by 90° 13' 04") my natal Uranus, Venus is semi-square my natal Jupiter, Venus is septile my Moon and I.C.(it is 51° 02' 55", a Septile is 51° 25' 42.86" or for convenience sake 51° 25' 43")
My natal Venus is inconjunct my natal Asc. and it is opposite my natal Saturn and Neptune (although rather week as it is just over 7 degrees orb to an exact opposition for Saturn and just under 7 degs. for Neptune)
I DO HAVE ONE BENEFICENT ASPECT TO MY NATAL VENUS and that is to Pluto in trine at 125° 42' 47" ... a bit of a weak trine but I'm not complaining.

My natal Venus never has had a chance to demonstrate any thing exalted or dignified... I have no musical talent, I can't sing and I've been limited to romantic relationships which never last more than 3 months throughout my entire life save one which lasted five years but over two thirds of that time was spent apart.
The artistic abilities I do have I have acquired from having grown up with a father whom was quite good as an artist and from having worked in the painting trade under direction of interior designers. I'm good at reproducing what has already been done and can tell what is in good taste from knowing what already works, by way of experience, but I have no originality.

But I do have an unshakable inherent belief in the transformative power of love... due, thankfully, no doubt to the somewhat weak Venus Pluto trine in my natal horoscope... i can see it at work all the time in my life and in everyones life.

The one Planet that I do have (by Sidereal Zodiac placement at birth) in a Sign in which it is co-ruler is Uranus in Gemini... by the belief that Uranus is the higher octave of Mercury. Uranus has been the number one motivating planet/force throughout my entire life.
It will have its way with me... regardless.

david starling

In my own Modern pattern, I have :uranus: as co-ruler of Taurus. I also use the Ascendant as a ruler, and have it as ruling Sagittarius along with Jupiter. My mother had Taurus Sun, and had :uranus: in Aquarius, and it definitely suited her well. I happen to have it in Gemini Tropically, since I'm a few years older than you. But having it in Cancer is a good placement [IMO]. More calm, less mental turbulence.

Claire19

Not necessarily. It depends on where it is and the aspects to it. I have Venus in Libra and I have a strong sense of what is harmonious and pleasing but what I call beauty others may not.

Claire19

I also dont use terms like detriment, fall or exalted etc. I look at planets and their aspects on their own merits. These terms are limiting and can be misleading.

Cosmose

OK, this is kind of a silly question. :lol: But I'm genuinely interested what you think about this. If you have your Venus in Taurus, Libra or Pisces, do you think you have a good taste? Do other people with strong Venus give you this impression? What exactly in your opinion makes a good taste? Good style of clothing? Good music preferences? Good cooking abilities?

By the way, if your Venus is in Aries, Scorpio or Virgo, your input is veeery appreciated. Do you have... a bad taste??? :surprised:
Yes, very simply because Venus is the planet of mouth
(and flesh and of union).

Domicile : force in every direction
Exaltation : force (only) rising

In dignity vertues of a planet are stronger and higher.

Last edited:

Humanitarian

My Venus is peregrine in Sagittarius, and I don't like a lot of movies, and my taste of music varies a lot, such as classical, drift phonk, rap (esp. Memphis Rap), krushfunk, et cetera, and I love hyperrealistic pieces of art!

JUPITERASC

I honestly don't think it matters because everybody has different needs based on their charts. I can tell you that I have venus in virgo and my mum has venus in scorpio and we are both fantastic at home decorating, cooking, music and we love painting and are naturally good at dancing and rhythm. Yet I know a couple of venus in pisces women who wouldn't have a clue in these very same venus areas. So to me, it doesn't make a difference.

Dignity, Detriment, Fall & Exaltation in Astrology
- For VENUS! :)