Do I have any potential to be a writer?

Iced8Ace

Hello,

Before I attach my chart, I will say that I am seriously considering this as a career and I'm very anxious about it. I want to know if I have any aspects to indicate that this would be a workable profession for me. I'll love you to the moon and back if you have info on this. Thanks!

waybread

I think it is hard to say, because if you look at the charts of famous (or even non-famous) professional writers, their charts are all over the place. I don't think a chart says whether you will become a writer or not. Rather: what type of writer would you become?

I think you have a good imagination yet some attention to the details of your craft. (Mercury-Saturn-moon stellium, Virgo rising.) With so much 7th house focus, I wonder if you like to write about the dynamics within couples. Also with your 8th house sun trine Pluto, you are OK with tackling taboo subjects. With your NN in the 3rd house of communication, your personal growth may well come from writing.

For a yes-or-no answer to your question, you might post it on the horary board. Horary goes by the moment of the question (so include its chart) vs. by your birth chart.

Iced8Ace

I think it is hard to say, because if you look at the charts of famous (or even non-famous) professional writers, their charts are all over the place. I don't think a chart says whether you will become a writer or not. Rather: what type of writer would you become?

I think you have a good imagination yet some attention to the details of your craft. (Mercury-Saturn-moon stellium, Virgo rising.) With so much 7th house focus, I wonder if you like to write about the dynamics within couples. Also with your 8th house sun trine Pluto, you are OK with tackling taboo subjects. With your NN in the 3rd house of communication, your personal growth may well come from writing.

For a yes-or-no answer to your question, you might post it on the horary board. Horary goes by the moment of the question (so include its chart) vs. by your birth chart.

You're very kind, I greatly appreciate your insight! I tend to like to read great romantic novels but not try to produce my own - since I think I still have a lot to learn to write decent work. Thanks, I will give your suggestion a try.

sworm09

Yeah, I agree with Waybread. It depends on what type of writer you're trying to become.

You have Mercury in Pisces, which would give your writings a much more introspective and emotional tone. Saturn in the wings makes it more serious, brooding, yet ultimately hopeful (Jupiter rules and receives Saturn). There's something deeply soul searching about that combination. The Moon is also, in Pisces with Saturn and Mercury, which continues the emotional theme already mentioned.

The ruler of your 3rd house is Venus in Pisces, exalted, artistic and ready to go. Saturn ruling your 5th house jumpstarts the melancholy in any art that you do. Saturn is elevated above all the rest, though Venus is more angular.

Ever read the works of Edgar Allen Poe? I don't think any of your works would be as macabre as his, but they would share the introspective tone and they'd ultimately reflect something deeper than what you'd expect. He had Venus in Pisces square Saturn.

Oh yeah and Mercury rules your Ascendant, so he's accentuated and Venus rules your MC, so she's accentuated :wink:

It's a good chart for artistic inclination. Particularly something poetic.

Last edited:

hermetic

Gemini intercepted in 10th house might suggest profession linked to Mercury influence.
While Mercury in Pisces is not the best position for this planet because of debilitation, I've seen many philosophers with this position. Thinking and writing style may be unusual, imaginative rather than logical.
Merc is positioned in 7th house that is also a public house, aspect to Saturn will give it hard working abilities, it grounds a fickle planet a lot and give ability to work seriously on something for a long time. aspect to Neptune and Uranus give it a flare of something unusual, other-worldy and most probably appealing to masses, it's just how transsaturns work and their effect on people. Most artists of any fields have Venus connected with Uranus Neptune and Pluto, from what I've observed.
Since all profession related houses are somehow linked to Mercury(2nd house of income ruled by, 6th house of work starts in Aquarius, sign of Mercury exaltation, and 10th I already explained) plus it's your chart ruler I'd say this may very well be ultimately what you will do in life.

Iced8Ace

Endless thanks to the both of you for sharing your knowledge and easing some of my doubts!

Ever read the works of Edgar Allen Poe? I don't think any of your works would be as macabre as his, but they would share the introspective tone and they'd ultimately reflect something deeper than what you'd expect. He had Venus in Pisces square Saturn.

I once heard a piece of Edgar's read aloud by someone and it chilled me to the bone. I revere him; I'd actually be pretty giddy to have the slightest thing in common with him -- I'm ecstatic right now!

Aw, you even edited your post! <3 Thanks so much, sworm. I do engage with poetry but I see it as more of a hobby. I will try to get serious about it now!

hermetic said:
aspect to Neptune and Uranus give it a flare of something unusual, other-worldy and most probably appealing to masses, it's just how transsaturns work and their effect on people. Most artists of any fields have Venus connected with Uranus Neptune and Pluto, from what I've observed.

I didn't know my Mercury made an aspect to Uranus! Thank you for revealing that to me. The house inter-play shocked me as well. Great analysis, I've learned a lot about not just my chart but astrology itself. Kudos and thank you, hermetic. :)