Why cant I remember my dreams?

Lion o ness

Im not sure where to post this at.. Since dreams are part of the subconious I posted it here in Astro.. and Psychology.

Can astrology even explain this?

When I was about 11- 20 I only remember nightmares.. Always someone trying to kill me, usually strangers or a face less person. Or the face is covered somehow...

Then the dreams totally stopped I didnt remember dreams again until around 25.. Again just nightmares same theme... That lasted until about 28.. Then the dreams stopped again...

When I met a guy with a pisces stellium in my 12th.. I started to have dreams again... They were more needing to be saved dreams... Some sort of natural disater or choas going on.. Like fires, bombs,war, drowning..

I had maybe 4 dreams that I can remember since the age of 28 ( Im 38)

That was months ago since I have remembered a dream... why cant I remember dreams??

I know we dream everynight.. But I cant ever remember them.. When I do its only nightmares..

Another thing.. I am an extremly heavy sleeper... My ex husband would tell me, someone can come in the house in the middle of the night, steal the sheets from under me, and in the morning I would say where did the sheets go.. He said I could sleep through anything..
Also I have 2 alarm clocks going off for 45 mins before I will even hear them..

Can this be explained in a chart? Do transits help me remember?

Another thing... Sometimes not all the time.. rarely... I am asleep and my body has one big jerk, or jolt.. The jolt wakes me up... Its really weird..

Attachments

• My Natal.jpg
    My Natal.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 25

Lithuel

Lion o ness,

When I was younger (preteen/teen), I used to have very strange and bizarre dreams. Sometimes nightmares, sometimes benign, although usually rather disturbing.

I rarely remember my dreams. Even if I've just woken up, I can't recall my dreams. The few times I remember, they are almost always very disturbing, and usually cause me to wake up covered in sweat.

I always interpreted it as my Saturn conjunct Neptune (within a 1.5* orb) in Capricorn, but the only Neptune aspect you and I share is a Neptune-Pluto sextile, and that's shared by everybody born over a long period of time.

I'm attaching my chart as a comparison...

Attachments

• My Natal Chart Anon.gif
    My Natal Chart Anon.gif
    51.1 KB · Views: 20

Lion o ness

Interesting actually I did find some aspects in common..
I think h12 is for dreams no?? correct me if Im wrong.

Sun conjunct mercy... Merc in Rx
Neptune in Rx (12house ruler)

You have mars opps Neptune
I have mars sq neptune
both have moon sextile Uranus

You have pluto in the 1st I have in h7 opposite houses
shrug..

Lithuel

I think you're on to something with the Mercury retrograde conjunct the Sun, combined with hard aspect between Neptune and Mars. The already-inwardly-turned mental energy of Mercury, in the service of/obscured by the Sun (which, being the consciousness, probably does not like dealing with the subconscious aspects of dreams), and then the planet of war and aggression in hard aspect to the planet of dreams, would make sense why we tend towards violent dreams...

Lion o ness

Impressive.. I never thought of it that way.. But yeah...

Merc/Neptune rx both are internal... maybe thats why we cant remember..
Neptune rules the 12th and its in Rx..

I do like the mars/neptune theory about the aggressive dreams, but then mercury rx. blocks it... But our subconscious just cant block the awful, terrible dreams..

Do you dream about someone trying to kill you?

I always felt, that one day this is whats going to happen to me... I dont really think the dreams are premonitions, more so my subconsious telling me whats going to happen.. OR maybe happend in a past life...

Lithuel

Wow, I'm really pretty intrigued by this. No, I don't dream about someone trying to kill me (which sounds like a Mars-in-Leo fear). Instead, my nightmares are about the people I love being put in pain, or being killed, or whatever. Personal physical pain/death doesn't bother me (Pluto-Moon Scorpio conjunction in 1st house combined with 8th house Sun-Merc-Ven-Jup stellium) and I'm fairly comfortable with that idea, but my Mars in Cancer makes me fiercely protective of my kin, whoever is so designated.

There's a recurring dream I had in my preteen and teenage years (maybe a dozen times in 6 years), where my older two sisters were being kidnapped and I was being held up by my throat, but I didn't feel any pain or even think about my own presumed strangulation, all I could feel was the desperate anguish I had to help get my sisters back. And then I would wake up in a cold sweat tangled up in the sheets.

I used to sleepwalk most nights, and I would wake up on the stairs, or in a chair downstairs, or one time I even woke up on the roof. I sometimes crawled out there when I had insomnia, but it involved removing the screen, which I apparently did in my sleep.

rahu

Banned
just a few note about dreams.
everyone dreams every night.
but one must wake up with a few minutes of the dream to remember it.
you are entering you rem (rapid eyes movement/dream state) during the middle of the night and hence have no memory.
you sudden jolting awake shows that you have strong astral connection to some of your dreams.the jolt is from soul reentering the body at the end of a astral experience.

rahu

EhTeam

Astrology aside, I can speak on the dream part.

It's a skill, and while you know you dream, you aren't thinking about them prior to sleep, and think about many other things shortly after waking up (bathroom/coffee/food).

I have natural lucid dreams, yet I still do things to practice and keep the 'skill' up.
During your day focus on 1 or 2 things you want to dream about, and focus on them. Focus on this for a week, or longer.
Keep a journal by your bed.

REM Sleep will start at a certain point, if you notice you wake up from a dream after x amount of time sleeping, set your alarm a bit earlier so you can wake up mid dream, instead of

Go to bed at 5pm
Dream wakes you up at 10pm
Set alarm for 930pm the next night.

(These wouldn't be exact, but you get the idea)

Anything, and everything you remember, right it down.

After awhile, you will be able to recall more without much focus through the day, or writing every detail every day.

Lion o ness

Im not sure what happen, last weekend. But I had really deep sleep.. I was even able to sleep for 11 hours... I havent done that in YEARS!!

Well all weekend... I kept having going back into the same dream.. Or well continuing a dream into the next step...

Apparently I go out on dates with Michael Jackson in my sleep :surprised:

I have no clue where that came from :andy:.. But thats what I dreamed all weekend..
No one recognized him or didnt bother him..
We went to dinner..
A play
and a recording studio...