promote new business election

giuliana

hello, i've just registered and would be grateful for opinions on an election i'm considering for the promotion of my astrology and energy healing business through my website. the website has been up but has never been promoted and i have not yet announced it publicly, though a few people have viewed it. i am searching for the best chart during the time that both saturn and uranus are direct in motion and not stationary, which is a really small window at the end of nov and the very beginning of december (and even then they're barely moving). i've found a chart that seems very strong in some respects and very weak in others and i'm wondering what others think of it. thanks very much for any input, and i'm happy to answer any questions! namaste to all, giuliana

ps: i just tried to upload the chart as a gif, but i got the following errror message: The Dimension limits for this filetype are 800 x 800. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 717 x 960. can anyone tell me how to do this? in case anyone wants to know, the chart i'm working with is 29 november at 19:22 at new york, new york, usa. thanks again! :(

Spica3

This is how you resize the picture.

On your PC, open the picture file. It should open automatically in your PC's default Picture Editor. The Windows one is called Microsoft Picture Editor. Any picture editor will also work.

Once open, on the toolbar of the picture editor, look for 'Tools' or similar, which has a 'Resize' function. Click on that and a menu bar or box opens. In there you can specify the new size in pixels or percentage, then 'Save As' and you'll have your resized picture.

For the dimensions you gave, resizing to 75% of the original size should make it fit into the required 800 x 800 size. If not, go down further to 72% or 70%.

giuliana

thanks spica3! i think i did it correctly - here's the chart, i hope...:59: please let me know if you can't see it and sorry i'm such a newbie!

Attachments

• ELECTION.GIF
    ELECTION.GIF
    29.2 KB · Views: 30

Spica3

The chart pic looks fine! You did it right.

I'm not very good at Electionals, but I'll give it a go.

First off, I can see most of the planets are in the 5th/succedent Hse. If you're doing astrology and energy healing, I've always thought that would be an Aquarian/11th Hse/Uranus matter (new age subjects, and I've noticed almost all astrologers have an Aqu, 11th or Ura emphasis).

Since this is a business, the bottom line would be very important (that's my 2nd Hse Sun talking).

If I'm not mistaken, the main rule for Electionals is to "fortify" the key planets. So, for business, watch out for these: 10th Hse, 10th ruler, dispositor of 10th ruler, 2nd house, 2nd ruler, the Fortunes (Jupiter and Venus) and the aspects they make to the foregoing, Moon, her dispositor, and she shouldn't be VOC or make any stressful aspects before leaving the sign she's in. Mercury too rules business, the day-to-day activity and paperwork aspects of it. Then you have to be careful of the malefics, Saturn and Mars. But in its role as Asc ruler (representing you), even a malefic should be made strong.

Yes, I would emphasise 10th, 2nd and 3rd (trading, to-ing & fro-ing). If the chart was turned, to make the 8th cusp the Asc, then that would put that stellium in the 10th, put the POF on the MC, the Moon in the 3rd, and ruler of 2nd would be Jupiter in the 10th! Yeah!

Uranus, new Asc co-ruler and also ruler of astrology and new age things would be in the 2nd (moolahs), together with NNode (gains). I don't see it at the moment, but if you can arrange for a soft aspect to Uranus, that might help. Though I wouldn't rate this as critical, because 2nd Hse ruler is a benefic and is strong.

Saturn, Asc main ruler is strong by angle, but debilitated by sign. This might be a problem. It's also ruler of 12th Hse of sacrifices, losses, troubles. It's in a square with Jup/2nd ruler, but separating, so that square is kinda weak. It is however, in a trine to Pluto (power) in the 11th (new age, hopes & wishes, gains)!

It's really, really hard to get everything perfect, so this would be good enough for me, if I had to make a choice.

If you have to time it for some ungodly hour, like in the middle of the night, then so be it. Perform a little ceremony of opening your office for business for the first time. Get a friend to pay for a small astrology or healing job from you - and Voila! - start of your new, successful, money-spinning, powerful, new age business!

Best wishes for your new biz!

giuliana

thanks, spica - you know a lot more about electionals than you think! i have to say i had already tried turning the chart in just the way you suggest, but the chart that came up has one very serious problem that caused me to abandon it: the chart ruler (uranus) and mc ruler (jupiter) make no aspect. "no aspect between 1st & 10th rulers, no action" is what i learned the first time i did an electional. another thing i was taught is that the sun and moon had to have a favorable aspect in a business chart for any money to be made. the moon still has the trine to venus, though, so perhaps that makes up for it. other things are less important - the moon loses its trines to the sun and jupiter and it loses its connection to the mc. so all the trines to the mc are gone but it gains two conjunctions (sun and jupiter) and loses one (the moon). but what about saturn and the south node in the seventh? i could overlook all of that if only the 1st and 10th house rulers made an aspect but since they don't, i don't think the chart can work. does anyone out there have an opinion on that or see a way around it? i'm attaching the chart here and the other chart is attached to my original post.

the thing that attracts me to the nov 29th chart is the moon on the aries point almost partile the mc. since the moon is co-significator and the chart ruler, the 10th house is automatically strengthened. also, the sun and jupiter strengthen the 10th by trining both the moon and mc. the moon trines the sun, which rules the second house, and also trines jupiter, which rules the sixth house of healing (it's a healing as well as an astrology website). by the time it goes through the sign, it will have sextiled neptune and trined venus, saturn, and pluto. venus rules the fourth and the 11th and sextiles neptune. plus venus is close enough to the cusp of the sixth to have some influence there (money from doing healing work). the part of fortune, though out of sign, applies to a lunar conjunction. those are the good things about the chart.

the thing that worries me, and i'd love feedback on this, is that here also the chart ruler (the moon) and the mc ruler (mars) don't make that all-important applying aspect. but it occurred to me that, since the moon is conjunct the mc and is also the chart ruler, perhaps that makes up for it, as the moon conjunct the mc is in mars' sign. is that possible?

another real disadvantage in both charts is that saturn and mercury make no applying aspects at all (though mercury trines the north node). worse yet, the only applying aspect to uranus in both charts is the square by the sun! i guess the question is: which chart's advantages outweigh its disadvantages? and, btw, i also had the same reaction to the fifth house planets, but if you look at the fifth house in terms of creating something productive, perhaps it fits? at least i'd enjoy myself! ;)

i'd be grateful for feedback from you and anyone who has an opinion or another chart to propose. and thanks again, spica, for your insights! they are very thoughtful and much appreciated!!! giuliana

Attachments

• 30THNOV.GIF
    30THNOV.GIF
    29.2 KB · Views: 24

Spica3

I didn't realize your 2nd chart was the turned one. Anyway, I also did the charts in Astrodienst, and because they use Placidus houses, and I'm more familiar with that anyway, the cusps come out different. I'm posting the 2nd chart here, which I did for 10.55am. Hope I don't get uploading glitches myself (fingers crossed).

Bear in mind that an electional is not a horary. It is more like a birth chart than a progression or transit chart. Making the significators strong is more important than making them favourably aspect this or that planet or angle. A strong significator will do its job well. It may receive problems from some quarters, but can capably deal with them.

Strengthening a planet basically means putting it into an angular house. Other ways of strengthening it is to have it in its own sign. Or in mutual reception. Sun and Moon are also strong according to whether it's day or night.

I wouldn't want to have a significator weak, even if it had good aspects. It won't be able to perform its job well, and will be dependent on concessions and good things from elsewhere. But inherently, it is weak and ineffective. An example would be, if your 2nd ruler is cadent in your natal chart, even if it had good aspects or is a benefic, you will never be rich in your life (as in my chart!). There are ways to make it strong, but that's another story.

Elevated planets are also a lot better, more dynamic, than planets below the horizon. For this reason, I wasn't very taken with the first chart.

The chart ruler represents the face of the entity, i.e. your business itself. The thing transacted, i.e. the goods or services, is the MC. You are the boss, so you are both the Asc and the MC. The 7th is your market, your customers. The 4th is the physical premises of your business, or where it is housed. The 2nd is the revenue or sales. The 6th, your staff. The 8th would be taxes, loans, investments, partner's capital, money which is tied to something else. Be careful of the 12th - losses, debts, wastage, dishonesty, enemies.

These are my observations for the 2nd turned chart for 10.55am. Your quotes are in bold.

The chart for 11.15am actually may give legal problems, as 9th ruler (your legal affairs) is a malefic and is strong by sign but weak by being cadent, and it squares strong Saturn, ruler of Asc and 12th.

The 10.55am chart seems to solve this particular problem. Now Venus is 9th ruler and it is strong. Your legal position is solid. You will have problems (the squares) but will always win.

the chart ruler (uranus) and mc ruler (jupiter) make no aspect. "no aspect between 1st & 10th rulers, no action" is what i learned the first time i did an electional.

I think it's more important to use the traditional planets as the main rulers, and use the modern planets as co-rulers, playing a supporting role so to speak, like being the main planet's sidekick.

Based on that, I see Saturn as the chart ruler, and Uranus the co-ruler. Saturn is strong in the 7th, though it is debilitated by being in Leo. (When the Sun moves into Capricorn next month, it will lose its debility by mutual reception). It is in a weak trine with strong Venus (joy/harmony) and close trine with Pluto (power/transformation), in the 10th (goods/public image) and 11th (wishes/astrology) respectively. Uranus is in the 1st (the business/boss), in mutual reception with Neptune, co-ruler of 2nd, also in the 1st. Sounds good to me.

The 10th ruler is now Mars, strong both by being angular and in Scorpio. Public image, the quality of goods, the business management all will be positive and productive. The downside is that it squares Saturn, bringing problems in your interface with the public, and troubles with deception/dishonesty (opp Neptune and 12th) and management of the business (1st). But it's in the 7th, with your market the public, out in the open. You will need to face up to problems, and to ask your customers to help you sort out problems.

another thing i was taught is that the sun and moon had to have a favorable aspect in a business chart for any money to be made. the moon still has the trine to venus, though, so perhaps that makes up for it. other things are less important - the moon loses its trines to the sun and jupiter and it loses its connection to the mc. so all the trines to the mc are gone but it gains two conjunctions (sun and jupiter) and loses one (the moon).

I'm confused here. The 11.15am chart does have a Sun-Moon trine. So does the 10.55am one. In any case, I really wouldn't worry too much about this, as long as the luminaries are strong, especially the 'light of the time'. The Sun is, so no worries there.

In fact, the Moon in the 2nd trines Jupiter, Sun and Venus, all in the 10th. Unafflicted Moon not only is in 2nd, but also rules staff and helpers. Beautiful! I almost couldn't ask for more.

Just an observation. If the Moon is further along in Aries, it would make a Grand Trine with Saturn and Pluto, and still be in the 2nd. A day later should do it - 1st December at around the same time (watch that 9th house cusp, make sure it stays in Libra).

The Moon does lose its trine to the MC, MC ruler, MC co-ruler. The only way I can think of to get around this, is to use 'translation of light'. That is, when 2 planets are out of orb, if there is a 3rd planet somewhere in the chart that aspects both of them, then the 2 original planets will be in aspect indirectly. Jupiter could do the job of translation of light. In your other chart as well.

And perhaps Chiron! Right on the Asc too! AND supposedly representing "healing" (though I'm not entirely convinced of this)! Its orb with Mars/MC is a little weak, but both positions are angular and strong enough to pick up those vibes.

The Moon does sextile the Asc, though. That's cool.

but what about saturn and the south node in the seventh? i could overlook all of that if only the 1st and 10th house rulers made an aspect but since they don't, i don't think the chart can work.

SNode now goes into the 8th in Virgo. So what, we all need to pay our taxes and insurance. The liabilities in this business may be more than most. But the NNode is in the 2nd - gains there. You should make enough to comfortably cover your overheads and expenses. Don't forget that Nodes trine/sextile MC.

the thing that attracts me to the nov 29th chart is the moon on the aries point almost partile the mc. since the moon is co-significator and the chart ruler, the 10th house is automatically strengthened. also, the sun and jupiter strengthen the 10th by trining both the moon and mc. the moon trines the sun, which rules the second house, and also trines jupiter, which rules the sixth house of healing (it's a healing as well as an astrology website). by the time it goes through the sign, it will have sextiled neptune and trined venus, saturn, and pluto.

Like I said earlier, don't confuse an electional with a horary. In an electional, it's not necessary to 'progress' the Moon or any planet. Doing that makes it a progression chart and should be read just like one. Look at it as a natal chart. The qualities and conditions of the chart will last throughout the life of the entity.

The 'weight' I see there in your 5th and 6th houses makes me feel that not only will this be an 'entertainment' or 'leisure' kind of activity, but also that you will have a heavy workload. Note that it's not YOU who will be entertained or who regards this as leisure. It is the business itself that will be entertainment and recreation. It will not be taken as seriously as if the key planets were in the 10th. You, in fact, will be overwhelmed with work and with staff or admin problems. In the 29th Nov chart, 6th ruler is Jupiter, which has afflictions from Mars/5th, Saturn/2nd, Uranus/9th. Jupiter also rules 9th of legal matters.

venus rules the fourth and the 11th and sextiles neptune. plus venus is close enough to the cusp of the sixth to have some influence there (money from doing healing work). the part of fortune, though out of sign, applies to a lunar conjunction. those are the good things about the chart.

The POF in the 10.55am chart sits in your 4th. That's where your treasure is. You'd probably be able to get a nice little office or a souped-up computer to do your work in. The fixed assets of the business will gain value and be very valuable over time.

the thing that worries me, and i'd love feedback on this, is that here also the chart ruler (the moon) and the mc ruler (mars) don't make that all-important applying aspect. but it occurred to me that, since the moon is conjunct the mc and is also the chart ruler, perhaps that makes up for it, as the moon conjunct the mc is in mars' sign. is that possible? another real disadvantage in both charts is that saturn and mercury make no applying aspects at all (though mercury trines the north node).

You won't get the whole picture if you just look at the planetary meanings. Their rulerships are far more important. The houses are the 'what', 'who' and 'where', the planets and signs are the 'how' and 'why'.

worse yet, the only applying aspect to uranus in both charts is the square by the sun!

Uranus is a co-ruler. It's only a sidekick, remember? The real nabob is Saturn, and he's strong, though quite tetchy. He wants you to face up to problems and responsibilities squarely and tackle them properly. Try short-cuts and……well, that's why we all hate Saturn. You're just going to learn some hard lessons, no escaping it.

You didn't mention anything about your natal chart. Here's what Vivian Robson says:

"SETTING UP IN ANY TRADE OR PROFESSION
Let the radical tenth cusp be the ascendant of the election. Let the lord of the ascendant and the Moon not only be free from affliction, but in sextile or trine to the lords of the tenth and second houses. If possible, let the benefics be angular, and the malefics cadent, but note that if the occupation be ruled by one of the malefics, that malefic should be strong and well placed in the figure."

Look, you can't win 'em all. ESPECIALLY in electionals. I go crazy nuts when doing an electional. I just wonder how people can stand doing them.

Well, good luck!

Spica3

Finally! The 10.55am chart.

Attachments

• GiulianiStartBusiness_301106_1055.gif
    GiulianiStartBusiness_301106_1055.gif
    45.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

giuliana

hi spica, and thanks for all the time you've put into this! anytime i can return the favor, just let me know.

you make some really good points and i agree with them in the main, but there are a couple of things about electionals that you and i don't see eye to eye on. first, and most importantly, elections are like horaries - elections are derived from horary theory and operate under similar rules. yes, they are birth charts (and, as such can be progressed) but they operate under a whole different set of rules than birth charts.

which leads me to the second issue, and a very important one in this analysis: only applying aspects are read in an electional. if an aspect is separating, even by a degree, it is not an aspect at all.

i personally don't use the traditional rulerships because i think we've evolved past the point of the ancients and have different considerations. however, i can see your point and would certainly use the trad ruler as a co-ruler in an electional.

but the validating aspect in an electional is the aspect between the rulers of the 1st and 10th. if there is no aspect (and, unfortunately, in your chart the aspect is separating) there is no action on the election. i have made this mistake in the past and - purely and simply - nothing happens. the business does not get off the ground, there are no clients, there is no money, etc. so back to square one!

thanks again so very much for all of your time and i will play around with your considerations in mind and see what i can find. my window of opportunity is quite small but this is taking forever!

have a great weekend spica :sunny: giuliana