Is My Work on the Forums Karmic?

Arian Maverick

Hello everyone, and Happy New Year! :)

I try not to indulge too many horary questions, but I was fluttering around the forums like the "busy bee" I have been likened to, answering posts, moving threads to the correct category, uploading charts, and responding to personal messages and such when my thoughts somehow wandered to karma.

I registered here more than two years ago and I feel like I've learned and grown so much since then, both personally and in my astrological studies. This community has become my home base, as it is for many members, and I can't imagine spending my online time doing anything else anywhere else.

One would think that my Aries stellium would have long since moved on to another topic of interest or another community, continuously seeking new experiences as Aries is prone to do...but I haven't, and this is somewhat perplexing to me.

I can only conclude that we have all been brought together from around the world for reasons that defy our conscious awareness understanding. Sometimes, the time members have spent here has been short and sometimes it has been long, but I feel we have each made our own unique impact by contributing our own unique energies to the mix. Perhaps we are destined to have certain interactions with certain individuals to complete some karmic ties, and perhaps this can be achieved in a day, a month, a year, or even several years.

So I suppose what I'm trying to figure out here is if there is a specific karmic reason as to why I'm here, serving to the best of my ability and being served in return. I'm not particularly eager to "move on" because I truly feel comfortable here and I still have work to do; I'm just not quite sure what this work is--if it even exists and is not some delusion of mine.

This question hit me rather strongly and I feel there is some importance here, so I believe it qualifies for a horary chart in this regard.

I'm none to skilled at interpreting horary chart yet, but I couldn't help but notice that several planets/points were located at the critical 29th degree, including retrograde Mars which has recently moved into Gemini from Cancer, the North Node which has recently moved into Aquarius from Pisces, the Moon, which I believe is void-of-course and may even be Via Combusta (I need to check the exact degrees of the "Burning Way" ), and Pluto, which is about to enter Capricorn.

Although Mars is not my significator in this house, it is my natal chart ruler, so I believe that it is significant that it is placed in the eleventh house. I'm not quite sure what to make of its tight mutually-applying opposition to Pluto or to its tight trine to the Moon, which I believe both planets are similarly applying towards each other. Mars also seems to be critical because it tightly trines the nodal axis--this may be mutually-applying yet again, but my mind is getting tied into knots trying to ascertain this.

Mars is the ruler of the Midheaven, which I think may speak to my position of "power" and responsibility as moderator; as I mentioned earlier, it is located in the eleventh house, which seems to represent this forum since it is an online community. It is also the house of friends, and I consider many of you to be my friends :)

Do you have any thoughts about this chart?

IsMyWorkontheForumsKarmic-Horary-1.gif

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Hi Arian,

Sorry to interupt your chart... I just had to say this.. I was just now thinking about karma and whether I had finished mine with someone I know. I drew up a chart and Mars, Moon and North Node are in a grand trine now at the 29th degree. I haven't figured out my chart though but is sounds very karmic.

Edit.. you do great work on the forums!

NR

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

What wonderful synchronicity! There must be some astrological influence here that's making our minds turn to karma, and I bet this trine is it.

I didn't post the chart with the aspect lines to the North Node, but I created one just for myself and realized that the Grand Trine was actually a Kite when you include the Mars-Pluto opposition. These orbs are very tight, just as you mentioned...

I look forward to comparing the similarities between our two charts.

Arian Maverick

P.S. Thank you for the compliment! :)

Arian Maverick

Moving back to this horary chart, I also just noticed that the Sun, my significator, is tightly conjunct the sixth house cusp using the Regiomontanus house system; the sixth house is the house of service, and I've read that the sign it is associated with--Virgo--is a particularly karmic sign, along with Pisces and Scorpio. I don't know if this idea would extend to the houses as well, but I thought it was worth mentioning ;)

The ruler of the eleventh house, Mercury, is also located in the sixth house, which I also believe is fitting.

The Sun is in Capricorn, which again, seems to describe the "rule-enforcement" aspect of being a moderator--another possible indication of the validity of the chart, although I know one typically does not judge a chart with a Void-of-Course Moon.

Karma is a matter primarily associated with past lives, so I believe that the twelfth house should be considered as well. Cancer is the sign on the cusp of the twelfth house, and its ruler, the Moon, is located in the fourth house conjunct the Nadir. I know that a phrase associated with the fourth house is "the end of matter," so I'm wondering if this could possibly be applied to my service being the "end of karma," or at least the end of any karma I may have accumulated with members of this forum is this life or another.

I've also consulted *List of Sabian Symbols - as in Lynda's book 360 Degrees of Wisdom for the Sabian symbols of the various planets in this horary chart, and I noticed that duty and responsibility seems to be a theme, which is indicated by the symbol for the Part of Fortune ("Libra 20: A jewish rabbi in a tiny room full of manuscripts and books, performing his duty.") and another symbol which I can't seem to find now.

There were also two symbols describing one thing turning into another ("Libra 26: An eagle and a large white dove turning constantly into each other." and "Aquarius 9: A flag is seen turning into an eagle.") and two that seem to speak about artistic expression and creativity ("Virgo 9: An expressionist painter making a futuristic drawing." and "Pisces 16: In a quiet moment, a creative individual experiences the flow of inspiration.").

Finally, there were two symbols which seemed to be about showcasing or putting oneself on display, which I was somewhat embarrassed about ("Gemini 30: A parade of bathing beauties before large beach crowds." and "Capricorn 11:
Pheasants display their brilliant colors on a private estate.")--particularly since one planet is my significator and the other is my natal chart ruler. I don't mean to flaunt myself, but I suppose it comes naturally to someone with a first house Aries stellium in the Leo decanate; I tend to find myself in the spotlight whether I desire to be or not :eek:

I'm not quite sure how this all fits into the bigger picture, but I find it interesting, nonetheless...

EDIT: I've also just noticed that Mercury in Capricorn and Saturn in Virgo are in mutual reception although, again, I don't know how or if this is significant.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

gaer

Arian,

I won't make any comments re horary, but I think it is fascinating that Einstein had Mercury, Venus and Saturn in Aries plus Moon in Saggitarius, so I'm not so sure having a lot of Aries means that you won't stick with something but will always move on.

I would just think that you would have very little patience pursuing something that did not interest you personally.

Also, I think that anything we do to share our experiences with other people is karmic in nature, since inevitably we end up learning about ourselves by doing so. :)

Happy New Year, by the way. It's almost over here, but not quite. :)

Gaer

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
hi folks! (and a happy new year to you all.)
I'm not surprised that our attention is being drawn to issues of Karma...The north node is *just* in pisces! The south node is watching Saturns slow but intrepid crawl towards it!
arian, in regard to your karma on this forum it might be worth checking out where your nodes are in regard to the forum's planets/ nodes.....
I agree with Gaer in that those we share with are karmically linked but I also think that all those who cross our path are karmic ties....some we consciously recognize, and some we *miss*. I guess the *art of consciousness* may help us not to miss out this round.
Cheers, lillyjgc

Arian Maverick

arian, in regard to your karma on this forum it might be worth checking out where your nodes are in regard to the forum's planets/ nodes.....

Why hadn't I thought of this before? Great idea! ;)

I just checked the forum chart and see that the North Node is at 24 Aries 36, which makes a very wide conjunction to my Sun-Venus-Mercury conjunction from 15 Aries 36 to 16 Aries 30. Most of my natal planets are located around 15 degrees or earlier in their respective signs, so this is the only connection I can see...

Interestingly, my Pisces North Node is conjunct the forum's Uranus with an orb of almost exactly two degrees and conjunct the forum's Mercury with an orb slightly less than four degrees; it also makes a wide out-of-sign conjunction with the forum's late Aquarius Sun with an orb of about six degrees. The forum's Moon squares my nodal axis with a somewhat wide five-degree orb, which is pretty interesting, too...

I've always found it a bit spooky that the angles of the chart for the moment I sent my first post to the forum's angles with an orb of about four degrees between the Midheavens and about six degrees between the Ascendants; I also posted when the Moon was in Gemini within three degrees of the Moon on the day Radu created the forums. This all seems pretty karmic to me, but I'm still not quire sure of what I'm supposed to be doing here...

I suppose I'll just have to keep doing what I've been doing and hope that's enough.

Are you using the mean or true node? I've got that the North Node is currently at the last degree of Aquarius, but I could be using a different calculation...

I guess the *art of consciousness* may help us not to miss out this round.

The art of consciousness--I like that!

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Culpeper

Premium Member
Happy New Year everyone, and thank you AM for all your work on the Forum. I have been looking into karma recently and will add some comments on your horary chart.

There is a trine aspect between your main significator, the Sun and the natural, traditional significator of karma, Saturn. This indicates a yes answer to your question, but there is more.

The Moon is your secondary significator, and, inspite of being in the final degree, it is not VOC. The Moon has trine aspect to the North Node and sextile to Pluto; both are significators of karma, and another positive testimony.

In addition, the Moon has a trine aspect with Mars, your personal significator from your natal chart. Mars is Rx into the terms of Saturn: the return of karma. It rules the 10th house where karma is said to make itself evident.

According to Lois Rodden many planets in the 29th degree is a favorable sign of success. She observed this in the natal charts her clients; not horary charts but something to consider.

smilingsteph

I have to say that your work here is Karmic, your responses changes those that you help!
I think that one should always be cognizant of what we do to/for others, keep on doing good deeds for a positive cause and effect, thus the effect can be positive on those you do the deeds for and so the effect can be positive for you.
Just wondering, why are you asking this question, after all of the wonderful things you do on this forum? I know you are a smart person, and you should already know that your help will indefinitely help others for a good! This might be too personal to ask, just wondering!
Thanks for all of your help!
Steph- Muah!

Arian Maverick

Shining Ray,

I did the an horary chart with a similar question, like what kind of purpose do I fill at the forum.

It's interesting how we can both view the same concept or idea and ask different questions about it; perhaps I should have clarified my question more, but when I formed it, I wasn't so much thinking about what purpose I fill here than what I need to do to alleviate any karmic debts and what those karmic debts might be.

I rarely think of a question in my head with proper wording, though; it's mostly a feeling that I get that I later attempt to translate into words and formulate a question around.

My chart looks scary Mars/Pluto on the 1st and 7th angles. I have had my ups and downs on the forum with really positive experiences and very negative ones.

Yes, I see what you mean--Mars and Pluto are very prominent in this chart right along the Ascendant-Descendant axis! Since Pluto is widely regarded to be the "higher octave" of Pluto, I think this chart is emphasizing that you need to take action, to make yourself visible and share your opinions and idea--which I believe you are doing well in your position as moderator ;)

This really serves as a nice counterbalance to your seventh house Pisces stellium; I haven't read the sabian symbols of your angles yet, but from what I recall of the symbols I've already posted--which I imagine are pretty similar to the ones of the planets in this chart since we formed our questions within a day or so of each other--you may need to do exactly what I've been trying to do less, which is to be in the spotlight. Remember that pair of Sabian symbols I posted, the two which I interpreting as "showcasing or putting oneself on display?" Gemini 30 ("A parade of bathing beauties before large beach crowds.") is the Sabian symbol for Mars, which is in the first house in your chart conjunct the Ascendant! Using the astrological alphabet, the first house is associated with Aries, so Mars is naturally strong here; the planet is also at a critical degree in this chart, and if I recall correctly, your natal Mars is as well in another air sign, Aquarius! Therefore, this Mars would probably be making a tight trine to your natal Mars.

The other symbol was for the Sun, but your chart has a new Sabian symbol.

Capricorn 12:
A student of nature lecturing revealing little-known aspects of life.

I'll need to check your natal chart for reference, but isn't your natal Mars located in the sixth house? I know the ninth and not the sixth is usually associated with teaching, but Mars is the ruler of your ninth house. I think we may be getting somewhere here! :cool:

Here was my horary chart, just thought I would compare what asc and houses we got in comparison. It's not for interpretation, your question just triggered off my question in curiosity.

I find it interesting that both charts have an western focus (Question: Is this correct? I always get confused with the compass directions in a chart, but I figured that since the Sun rises in the East and the Sun is conjunct the Ascendant when it rises, the Ascendant must be the eastern direction and the Descendant must be the western direction. My logic could be faulty, though...). According to Tim's Free Astrological Chart Interpretation site, indicates a focus on others. Whether this is what we already possess or what we should strive for is less clear, but this is what the description says:

This chart above is exactly opposite: it has four pictures to the left of the middle line and six pictures to the right. Since there are more pictures to the right than to the left, this person tends to take focus on the efforts of others. This person, although they may have an interest in themself and their own interests, focuses on other people.

It's meant for natal charts, of course, so perhaps it has a different meaning in horary...but I decided to include it anyway :D

Culpepper,

Happy New Year everyone, and thank you AM for all your work on the Forum. I have been looking into karma recently and will add some comments on your horary chart.

There is a trine aspect between your main significator, the Sun and the natural, traditional significator of karma, Saturn. This indicates a yes answer to your question, but there is more.

The Moon is your secondary significator, and, inspite of being in the final degree, it is not VOC. The Moon has trine aspect to the North Node and sextile to Pluto; both are significators of karma, and another positive testimony.

In addition, the Moon has a trine aspect with Mars, your personal significator from your natal chart. Mars is Rx into the terms of Saturn: the return of karma. It rules the 10th house where karma is said to make itself evident.

According to Lois Rodden many planets in the 29th degree is a favorable sign of success. She observed this in the natal charts her clients; not horary charts but something to consider.

Thank you very much for this; you mentioned a lot of things that I had not noticed, including the little detail that the Moon is not Void of Course. Silly me, I forgot about Mars being at the 29th degree and the Moon applying towards a conjunction with it!

I also hadn't had time to examine the terms, faces, triplicities, and such, so retrograde Mars in the term of Saturn--the return of karma--was another graat catch.

I had never heard of many planets in the 29th degree being a favorable sign of success; too bad I don't have any in my natal chart! :rolleyes:

I just examined a chart today on another forum that had numerous planets and points at the 29th degree, so I'll have to inform him or this...

Thanks again!

Smilingsteph,

Just wondering, why are you asking this question, after all of the wonderful things you do on this forum? I know you are a smart person, and you should already know that your help will indefinitely help others for a good! This might be too personal to ask, just wondering!

Ah, this is a very good question, one of which I'm not quite sure of myself. However, I don't mind answering it to the best of my ability ; you may have noticed that I'm not a very private person! :p

I'm no longer questioning my contribution to the forum; in fact, I posed this question in a moment of real happiness and peace, at the conclusion of a particularly exciting and rewarding day. At this moment, I think I was seeking to better understand why I feel such a strong emotional connection to the members of the forum and an even strong dedication towards the further development of this community.

I know that what I do helps others, and that others help me by providing invaluable feedback; I didn't mean to call this into question, although I do sometimes doubt my contribution to various groups, organizations, relationships, etc. as my afflicted first house Aries stellium may indicate. I always feel like I should be doing more, or that what I'm doing isn't enough, but this wasn't really the impetus behind this question; I think I've finally begun to accept myself here.

It's more of just another attempt to pursue answers, to pose the question "Why?" is various forms and see what I find. My chart ruler Mars is in Gemini, after all, just as it is in this chart. I suppose I'm just naturally curious, but it goes deeper than that...

It's hard to describe.

Arian Maverick

Last edited: