quintiles and biquintiles

aunty poppy

i think because that they are 72 degrees apart and if all 72 degrees of a circle were filled in you get a five pointed star, which i associate with imagination, and these aspects, for me, work through an image that is powerful, nebulous and personal, that that is where the ability to utilize talents come from. i have 6 not, because mars, uranus and pluto are conjunct by 4 degrees but although i totally believe i am a genius no one else seriously does! also, i use a 1 degree orb except with uranus and mars who flank pluto by 2 degrees, so include that as their energies, though separate seem to link. so for me i think these aspects are ladders into the resourses of our psyche and encourage new and successful behaviours because these aspects have the image (of new and successful behaviours) first.
how have you noticed the biquintile and quintile in action?

There have been some great threads on AW regarding this

There is a 'plethora' of information on AW, espec in the 'stickys' at the top of every forum, our Education forum and Recommendations forum to. Plus we have a good search feature,[but not foolproof obviously, so try here first] bit like google using keywords – initially select advanced and try just selecting 'titles' rather than posts or you'll get too many threads. If this doesn’t get results then try google

Kannon

has anyone noticed how wonderful these aspects are?

Yes. These aspects are indicative of talent or special ability. In a sense they are more spiritual and subtle than the major aspects. These aspects show up in abundance in the charts of old souls, people who have lived many many lifetimes on this planet (since Lemurian times) and have developed many layers of insight, talent, etc.

The 72* aspect represents a arc between each of the conjunctions made by the Sun and Venus, as well as the division of the zodiac into 5, which are the Five elements of earth plus Spirit.
picture.php

There are respected astrologers like Noel Tyl who say you cannot tell an old or well developed soul from their birth chart. I disagree.When you see major configurations involving bi-quintiles (144*) in birth charts, you've got a highly evolved human.

Claire19

has anyone noticed how wonderful these aspects are?
Certainly dont use biquintiles!!!! THey are not valid in my opinion. Quintiles........, the jury is still out on pending further research. I would like to own my quintile between Saturn and Venus but I dont see any influence......especially any sort of talent?????.... minor aspects have a very small orb, no more than 2 degrees if used in any event....The day may come when I see the efficacy of quintiles and my mind is open....but not at present......

Last edited:

Claire19

Yes. These aspects are indicative of talent or special ability. In a sense they are more spiritual and subtle than the major aspects. These aspects show up in abundance in the charts of old souls, people who have lived many many lifetimes on this planet (since Lemurian times) and have developed many layers of insight, talent, etc.

The 72* aspect represents a arc between each of the conjunctions made by the Sun and Venus, as well as the division of the zodiac into 5, which are the Five elements of earth plus Spirit.
picture.php

There are respected astrologers like Noel Tyl who say you cannot tell an old or well developed soul from their birth chart. I disagree.When you see major configurations involving bi-quintiles (144*) in birth charts, you've got a highly evolved human.
Sorry, dont use biquintiles, so that premise is shot in my opinion. I dont think you can necessarily tell evolvement of a soul by a birth chart. Maybe a lot of trines and easy aspects......but then it is what the person is doing with their lives that counts despite their aspects.

Kannon

I agree with quintiles and biquintiles being interesting aspects, but I have doubts over the possible connection between these aspects and "well developed souls"\"highly evolved humans". I've known several people who have these aspects in their charts, and they definately weren't highly evolved humans. Also I don't have these aspects in my chart, lol. I've been told that I have quendeciles though. I'm not trying to discredit this theory, maybe there are other aspects, or factors that could tie in which hints at the possibility of determing how developed a soul might be by looking at a chart.

Skillcoil,

It is not the presence of quintiles or bi-quintiles that indicate an old soul, but multiples of them in configuration. Many birth charts have single (bi)quintile aspects or a couple in different places. The premise isn't purely an astrological one, as you must be able to detect an old soul in order to find charts and make the comparisons. In any case they represent subtle energies that are not readily detectable as the major aspects squares, oppositions, conjunction, etc, are. Here are examples...

Edgar Cayce may be the best example of an old soul in the popular imagination of today.
picture.php

Pope John Paul II
picture.php

Old souls are often found connected to healing, or religious work or conceptual things that affect people through artistic work or philosophical efforts. There are many others, but here is a start to put your doubts to the test.

EJ53

Banned
...they're considered gifts arn't they?
I have Neptune in Libra/1st quintile Mars in Sagittarius/3rd......giving a special talent for two-way "communication misunderstandings in all relationships"......A gift that seems to keep on giving, without requiring any degree of conscious effort from me:biggrin:
____________________​

...When you see major configurations involving bi-quintiles (144*) in birth charts, you've got a highly evolved human.
I'd argue that it's the way an individual uses such aspects which would indicate whether or not they are highly-evolved/"old Souls"...​

EJ​

aunty poppy

what do you mean that venus conjuncts the sun every 72 degrees? have i understood what you said? that is amazing!

i am sure there is a profound energy that influences us from quintiles and bi-quintiles; as i said before i think the way to use these aspects is to find their 'image' and to bring it into our lives in ways we can.

i have found these images are extraordinarily helpful to give new ways of dealing with certain situations. like an inner hypnotist made concious.

but venus sun every 72 degrees - please tell me more!

aunty poppy

ok - i'm afraid i still dont understand - if the harnonic resonance of venus:sun is 13:8 - which is 13 orbits of venus when the sun has done 8 to get back to the place they started, then i cant quite figure where or how the 5 conjunctions come in. after scanning my ephemeris i have found only jan 10 then....another 9 months previous....another 10 months previous....ooh there's one oct 7th coming at 13 degree scorpio - ok; they come every 9 months ish but that doesnt fit in with the 8:13....???

aunty poppy

oh yes, oh my... they do dont they! and 13 degrees scorpio in oct coming was rather haphazardly calculated - it is of course 5 degrees scorpio.
so - over the last 8 years and the next few coming the degrees for this phenomenom are -
24 degrees leo approx
16 degrees gemini "
4 degrees aries "
21 degrees capricorn "
4 degrees scorpio "

and your own quintiles/biquintiles, kannon, between mars, moon and jupiter are in those very houses, with jupiter being quite close to the scorpio point of the venus/sun cycle of conjunctions. mmmm. what more do you feel about this!!?

Kannon

To answer EJ first:

Thanks for the excellent illustration of the sun-venus conjunction cycles.

It is free will that determines how any of us in any lifetime use our experience and potentials. However, the birth chart always shows the soul's history - not always a clear depiction of immediate past history, like most recent lifetime, but always the overall development and experiences on earth. You can be an old soul, but not awaken to your full potential. Edgar Cayce's lifetime just previous was of a gambler in the old west who essentially wasted his life, except for one heroic act at the end. The x-factor of life on earth is the question of whether we will awaken enough to the inner spiritual nature of things to overcome human amnesia, tap into our purpose and talents and live in a way that benefits humanity and the earth.

aunty poppy:

To be honest, I don't pay much attention to the conjunctions of Sun and Venus as they do their dance around the sky. My insight is that this pattern speaks something to us about the nature of things. Contemplate it. I don't know that I can explain it so that it is like an interpretation of a birth chart. 5 is the number of change and those with this 5 dynamic in their charts in the form of Quintiles or BQ aspects have been in some way involved in building and evolving consciousness on this planet. Many people have them. Its a creative, subtle power. I'd say in my own case that much if not most of what is represented in my own Q/BQ aspects is still latent, potential still unfulfilled. That's the most honest answer I can give.

I general, some people are hesitant to acknowledge such aspects or birth chart factors revealing some to be old souls because of various issues relating to inferiority/superiority. They may feel that there is an implication that those people have some higher rank or greater worth. No. If anything there is greater responsibility. Also, some may be reluctant because many metaphysical or seeker types tend to leave things indefinite in the idealistic realm of possibilities, lacking certain definitive answers. I've done my spiritual work, addressed my karma and left it behind. Therefore I have little to block my perception of these kinds of things. That doesn't mean I have all the answers or am superior in any way to anyone else.

For most people, including myself, the quincunx aspects in our birth charts are actually more pivotal than any others. Those, especially the yod formations, are the places where we make critical adjustments that allow us to open up our true potentials and create greater balance than we had before.

EJ53

Banned
...It is free will that determines how any of us in any lifetime use our experience and potentials. However, the birth chart always shows the soul's history...You can be an old soul, but not awaken to your full potential...The x-factor of life on earth is the question of whether we will awaken enough to the inner spiritual nature of things to overcome human amnesia, tap into our purpose and talents and live in a way that benefits humanity and the earth.
Other than the emboldened comment, I agree with what you say above Kannon...

...However, (I personally believe) the Soul's primary objective is to reincarnate at an exact time/location which ensures their "lessons" in this lifetime are reflected by the planets...and (in so doing) it seems inevitable that the natal chart might have to include "unwanted and/or unusable" indicators/configurations, simply because these happened to be in the sky at the time...Hence, we cannot be sure minor/subtle-influence aspects in charts are "intentional" until the Soul demonstrates that by using them in this lifetime...

...Consequently, (imo) a young Soul could be born with a meaningless Pentagram configuration...since it is not yet sufficiently evolved to respond to the subtle influences of those 5 quintiles + 5 biquintiles.

[I apologise to Aunty Poppy/Kannon for being off-topic here.]

EJ

aunty poppy

i hadnt considered befor that Q & BQ revealed 'old souls'. i have 6 of them and i have always felt like a novice in terms of reincarnated soul journeys. seriously. i have thought about it before but not in terms of q/bq.

though i can relate to 'layers of insight'. others seem to express a natural acceptance of their gift. however when i am showing these aspects to people i feel are not 'overtly spiritual' i feel a sharp ping of caution and respect, like i feel i am waking them.

these aspects seem either beneficial or nothing.

for me, the strength of their influence through imagination that makes life better (for the native) is compelling. the venus sun conjunctions add to that, with a beautiful, fascinating image to bring harmony between 2 'planets' for the benefit of our Self. i like.

i would need to understand more before i accepted these aspects as revealing the complexity of old souls. but i like the idea of old soul. i'm going to put a cloak on and have a look.