NFL Players Kneeling

Aquistorm

What do you think of this when NFL players kneel on their knees to the anthem and flag of the US? I believe it is disrespectful. But that is just my opinion.

david starling

What do you think of this when NFL players kneel on their knees to the anthem and flag of the US? I believe it is disrespectful. But that is just my opinion.

I dunno. Sounds kind of reverent, like kneeling in prayer. And, we do have "One Nation under God" in our pledge of allegiance.

david starling

I don't think the POTUS got much flak for not putting his hand over his heart during the Anthem. We had to do that in school, like a requirement.

waybread

Tim Tebow.

Trump is way off the mark. Think of all the African American service members who fought and died for the US-- only to face discrimination-- if not in the service itself, certainly after they returned home. The kneeling is with respect to the need to make America live up to its rhetoric. If there's disrespect to veterans, it's Trump saying that neo-Nazis include good people, when American service members gave their lives to fight Hitler during WW II..

Being nice and quiet gets one nowhere.

It's all about freedom of expression. I am very patriotic, and Donald Trump does not order me about as to how to express it.