problem of jaimini astrology

capee

hello i try to learning astrology but i have found bit of problem

is this one

my birth date is a

1985 5 22 10:50 AM kandy Sri Lanka cancer and Scorpio navamsha

my planet degree is (this all one manual calculate and parashara lite calculate ones all one same)

AS 16 39 cancer
SU 7.28 Taurus
Mars 24.06 Taurus
Ju 23. 02 Capricorn
Me 19.47 arias
Moon 03.23 Gemini
Sat 00.41 Scorpio
Venus 24.06 Pisces

Venus 24.06 Pisces
Mars 24.06 Taurus

problem is what is my atmakaraka planet?

this ones i didnt notices long time because of a reason some application say my Atmakaraka is a mars i believe it now its prob i try to learning karakamsha lagna i try to using advance application say ATM is Venus but some say mars anyone can solve this

Last edited:

Whoam1

hello i try to learning astrology but i have found bit of problem

is this one

my birth date is a

1985 5 22 10:50 AM kandy Sri Lanka cancer and Scorpio navamsha

my planet degree is (this all one manual calculate and parashara lite calculate ones all one same)

AS 16 39 cancer
SU 7.28 Taurus
Mars 24.06 Taurus
Ju 23. 02 Capricorn
Me 19.47 arias
Moon 03.23 Gemini
Sat 00.41 Scorpio
Venus 24.06 Pisces

Venus 24.06 Pisces
Mars 24.06 Taurus

problem is what is my atmakaraka planet?

this ones i didnt notices long time because of a reason some application say my Atmakaraka is a mars i believe it now its prob i try to learning karakamsha lagna anyone can solve this

Um check declination maybe... I have Scorpio Navamsha myself, the Atmakaraka planet Mercury, is in a critical degree, it's the first planet to rise on the horizon at my birth, and it's in the strongest aspect in my chart .06 degrees away from and exact sextile with capy Mars.

I can't seem to find anything on twin Atmakaraka either. Maybe do you have a favorite number and try adding seconds in your birthtime see if it changes anything ( probably not).

dr. farr

The Ponmudi Forest (Karala) adepts of a variant Jaimini approach (significantly influenced by Siddha astrology) say that the potential atmakaraka planet needs to be subject to the following additional criteria:

1) if the apparent atmakaraka planet is in the constellation ("sign"-they always refer to "sign" as constellation, since they use the sidereal zodiac) of its fall, then that planet is excluded from consideration
2) if the apparent atmakaraka planet is in the same constellation as Ketu, it is excluded from consideration
3) if the apparent atmakaraka planet is "in the place of the sun" (ie, if the planet is within a few degrees of the sun-and, of course, the atmakaraka planet NOT being the sun itself), then it is excluded from consideration

In case the apparent atmakaraka planet is EXCLUDED by one or more of these considerations, then the NEXT likely atmakaraka planet becomes the candidate and it is subjected to these criteria. Whatever potential atmakaraka planet meets (or finally meets) these criteria, is the atmakaraka planet for that chart.

In case 2 (or even more) planets are equal and each meet these criteria, then the choice of the atmakaraka is decided by the following considerations:
1) the planet in its exaltation is chosen
...if no planet is in its exaltation (or each are in exaltation), then...
2) the planet in its rulership is chosen
...if no planet is in its rulership, (or if each is in its rulership), then...
3) the planet with the most (highest total) of dignities is chosen

In the OP's chart description, the candidates are Mars and Venus: now, assuming that Venus is not in the same constellation as Ketu, Venus is the atmakaraka because it is in its exaltation in the constellation of Pisces.

capee

The Ponmudi Forest (Karala) adepts of a variant Jaimini approach (significantly influenced by Siddha astrology) say that the potential atmakaraka planet needs to be subject to the following additional criteria:

1) if the apparent atmakaraka planet is in the constellation ("sign"-they always refer to "sign" as constellation, since they use the sidereal zodiac) of its fall, then that planet is excluded from consideration
2) if the apparent atmakaraka planet is in the same constellation as Ketu, it is excluded from consideration
3) if the apparent atmakaraka planet is "in the place of the sun" (ie, if the planet is within a few degrees of the sun-and, of course, the atmakaraka planet NOT being the sun itself), then it is excluded from consideration

In case the apparent atmakaraka planet is EXCLUDED by one or more of these considerations, then the NEXT likely atmakaraka planet becomes the candidate and it is subjected to these criteria. Whatever potential atmakaraka planet meets (or finally meets) these criteria, is the atmakaraka planet for that chart.

In case 2 (or even more) planets are equal and each meet these criteria, then the choice of the atmakaraka is decided by the following considerations:
1) the planet in its exaltation is chosen
...if no planet is in its exaltation (or each are in exaltation), then...
2) the planet in its rulership is chosen
...if no planet is in its rulership, (or if each is in its rulership), then...
3) the planet with the most (highest total) of dignities is chosen

In the OP's chart description, the candidates are Mars and Venus: now, assuming that Venus is not in the same constellation as Ketu, Venus is the atmakaraka because it is in its exaltation in the constellation of Pisces.

thank for clear explanation that mean my ATK is Venus its right ? :innocent:

dr. farr

Yes, UNLESS Venus is in the same constellation (sign) as Ketu; IF that is the case then Mars would be atmakaraka-if Ketu is not in the same constellation as Venus, then Venus is atmakaraka.

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

In that case better to calculate manually, and get the results. Software is for the support, to avoid time consumption of manual process. In my opinion, when such issues are developed, better to go for manual process and use proper Ephemeries, I am using NC Lahiri's Indian Ephemiris.
Calculate at least for last four digits for seconds too. :)
Original issue is which planet is AK, not for the accuracy of software. :)

mathur_dinesh

The question whether Mars or Venus is atmakaraka has arisen on account of faulty calculations. If the calculation were accurate the issue could have been settled by the querist himself.