How accurate are times on Birth Certificates?

JUPITERASC

I just went by the time that was on my certificate,
but sometimes I question if it's right or not,
I think very few people have the actual time they were born,
rather it's a few minutes off or hours off,
most of us possibly have the wrong time on our certificates
Exactly and because very few question their official time of birth
but just ASSUME it is reliable
so then
many are unaware
that their alleged natal chart is not in fact accurate at all
and so
it's not surprising many are unable to relate to a natal chart that in reality has a time that is not their actual time of birth
:smile:

PlutorisingLee

Exactly and because very few question their official time of birth
but just ASSUME it is reliable
so then
many are unaware
that their alleged natal chart is not in fact accurate at all
and so
it's not surprising many are unable to relate to a natal chart that in reality has a time that is not their actual time of birth

So true! But no one knows this I'm going to spread this to everyone :love:

P.s I figured out my real chart :w00t:

Kannon

Knowing that birth Time is important in composing an accurate Natal Chart I can't help but wonder if it can still be wrong?
And what is the right time really? The first breath, when the baby is in the mothers arms?

Yes, the time recorded on a birth document can be wrong. Official medical documents contain various data, of which the correct time of delivery is least important. Some astrologers seem to want to put forth the notion that an AA-rated time from a birth document is synonymous with the correct Asc of one's birth chart. Not so. One is an piece of medical datum. The latter is an astrological matter.

Also if you can pleas help:

I am also asking because I feel that my time of birth isn't right.
It is listed as 14:32 pm (looks accurate) But from what my mother told me I always thought it was 15:30-16:00 which is a big diffrence...:unsure:

What you are recognizing is that because the time recorded is specific that this equates to accuracy. That may be true, but there is no guarantee.

Depending on what drugs your mother may have been given, and considering the intensity that delivery often is, she is not necessarily a more reliable source for the time. If, however, there were relatives who were witnesses and they agree with your mother's time range, then it certainly makes it much more believable than the official record. I've seen this happen.

I do agree with the Virgo rising but according to my mother I should be a Libra rising- which fits me as well.
I have dimples and I like to pleas people but I'm also very much the Virgo rising...They are somewhat similiar don't you think?
Another big diffrence is if the Sun is Taurus in the 9th house according to the certificate or the 8th house according to my mother. But I also have Moon in Scorpio and Venus and Mercury in the 8th:
which is why I feel like the 8th house...
Can knowing this help me decide?

Thank you!

Now we're getting to what matters, which is the rising sign of your chart. That is what matters, and there are competent astrologers who can make such determinations and narrow it down to the right degree.

Read my descriptions of Virgo and Libra risings and see if it helps clarify ...
https://kannonmcafee.wordpress.com/rising-signs-2/#virgo

However, no one here can actually help you pinpoint your correct Asc without your actual full birth data. Otherwise we're just wagging around theories and abstractions.

JUPITERASC

Keep in mind that
when checking accuracy of official times of birth using astrological methods
competent astrologers use their own preferred methodologies
and therefore
astrologers frequently disagree regarding the reliability of each others rectifications

dhundhun

Knowing that birth Time is important in composing an accurate Natal Chart I can't help but wonder if it can still be wrong?
And what is the right time really? The first breath, when the baby is in the mothers arms?

And what is the right time really?
First breath.

Birth Time is important in composing an accurate Natal Chart?
Learn other techniques, such as:
- Noon Chart
- Sun Sign Astrology
- Vedic system can transits from Moon Sign/Nakshatras to predict
Enrich with- Palmistry
- Numerology
Develop Skills- Birth time rectification

Any one into prediction uses combination and does cross verification. Without that no good luck.

ukdesifem

not an exact science. is it literally emerging from the birth canal? first breath? first elogium? conception? when the sperm meets the egg? it only can be an approximate, though i think most competent hospitals record this well enough, based on the pre-defined criteria (not conception of course..lol.)

athenian200

In my experience, they seem fairly accurate. My relatives and I all seem to think the birth times on our certificates are accurate, and they definitely all have the correct Ascendant sign. The fact that a witness thinks it's off by an hour in your case is worth noting, however.

I don't think they're usually off by very much, although it's a good idea to have people watching the clock for astrological purposes when the baby is about to be born in order to be certain. Yes, it might seem like an unreasonable burden when people are under that kind of pressure, but it's important to have an accurate time if you ever want to cast the horoscope with any degree of certainty.

I personally would tend to trust an official document or a witness above a rectification technique, but that's just me. I'd rather start with the time and place as verified fact, and then move out and build upon that.

Ideally, people would also keep track of intercourse and ovulation times so that we could find the conception chart, but that would be too embarrassing for most. LOL.

I think if people took Astrology more seriously, they'd do a better job with recording this data.

Last edited: