Sixth house

dr. farr

Over the years I have seen Virgo, when health-involved, to be a rather dramatic sign...it shows up in the gut over and over, and it's from anxiety-criticism. /QUOTE]

So have I:wink:!

I'll add that Virgo also has an affinity to the uterus (particularly in the older astro-medical works), probably via the uterus intimate connection with the peritoneum, in turn intimately connected with the intestinal region (the "big three" sign affinities to the female reproductive system being Cancer, Scorpio and Virgo)

Flapjacks

The bond between a doctor and patient is a Relationship. It's not just stars-in-your-eyes relationships that astrology addresses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB2irpDzC0Y

:whistling:

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

I have considered Pisces as a source for relief. "Letting go" is a big one. Meditation. I find it difficult to meditate, though. My mind is always racing (Neptune is quincunx Mercury, too).

I think that point is important though greybeard, thank you for reminding me. Saturn is ruled by Jupiter, which is in Pisces. You've said before that Jupiter is the final depositor of my chart (also Rx).

I've always wondered if Jupiter in Pisces, the planet of "luck" and the sign of sacrifice, shows a tendency to avoid harm despite harm being all around you. There have been so many times in my life where I saw others get abused, but I was never abused myself (Neptune being in the 8th). That sort of "why was I spared?" experience. I'd always try to rescue others because of that, even though I was rarely in the position to do so, especially when I was very young and naive about what I could do; but now I avoid other people's problems. I just can't handle it anymore. For instance, I donated some handmade items to the homeless not long ago. It took me days just to work up the courage to do it. I'd been homeless before and somehow managed to always have food to eat and a place to sleep, and facing homelessness just tears me up inside. Jupiter seems to be a source of pain in my life, which is contrary to what Jupiter symbolizes... and as a result I have a hard time looking at the meaning of that planet in my chart.

Anyway, back to the 6th...

Last edited:

Ambersole11

I have sun, mercury, Venus in 6th and thank God but I don't have health problems. My twin sister does though. I do have problems with relating to work issues, and she doesn't. She has a great career, but not very good health- I have good health, but bad/no career.

greybeard

Muhammad Ali has Sun in Sixth...a great job and notable health problems too. Notice that things shown in a chart may not manifest may not manifest early on, or may manifest early and then give way to some other manifestation.

Also note the grand trine in Earth with Neptune in the 2nd, accompanied by North Node. I think there is a recent thread on Neptune in the 2nd, so this chart provides a study case.

Ali has several notable things in his life that should show up in his chart. Can you find them?

1. Known throughout his career as an exceptionally hard worker. (First to come in to training, last out).
2. Refused to attend the war in Viet Nam, a Conscientious Objector. Break in career due to this.
3. World Champion. In the Rumble in the Jungle he asked George Foreman "Is that all you got, Sucka?" Then he humiliated him. Foreman is no wimp or wannabe.
4. Against his wishes, his daughter followed in his footsteps and showed her own remarkable abilities.
5. Changed religion. Out of this, changed name.

Six planets are Rx (a powerful preponderance). How has this been made manifest in his life, if at all?

Attachments

• Muhammad Ali.jpg
    Muhammad Ali.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

karthik20

I have sun, mercury, Venus in 6th and thank God but I don't have health problems. My twin sister does though. I do have problems with relating to work issues, and she doesn't. She has a great career, but not very good health- I have good health, but bad/no career.

Hai, it would b really helpful to me n other students if u could give ur n ur sisters dob details.thanx

Flapjacks

Muhammad Ali has Sun in Sixth...a great job and notable health problems too. Notice that things shown in a chart may not manifest may not manifest early on, or may manifest early and then give way to some other manifestation.

Also note the grand trine in Earth with Neptune in the 2nd, accompanied by North Node. I think there is a recent thread on Neptune in the 2nd, so this chart provides a study case.

Ali has several notable things in his life that should show up in his chart. Can you find them?

1. Known throughout his career as an exceptionally hard worker. (First to come in to training, last out).
2. Refused to attend the war in Viet Nam, a Conscientious Objector. Break in career due to this.
3. World Champion. In the Rumble in the Jungle he asked George Foreman "Is that all you got, Sucka?" Then he humiliated him. Foreman is no wimp or wannabe.
4. Against his wishes, his daughter followed in his footsteps and showed her own remarkable abilities.
5. Changed religion. Out of this, changed name.

Six planets are Rx (a powerful preponderance). How has this been made manifest in his life, if at all?

He has a fixed t-square with Sun, Pluto and Mars. A lot of energy and tenacity with Mars at Apex at the top of the chart, ruled by angular Venus also in a fixed sign (Aquarius). Just not going to give up or compromise. Sun in Capricorn 6th house would bring in the element of structured daily routines as something he'd gravitate towards or embody, Sun being chart ruler.

Since most of those retrograde planets are Jupiter out, except for Venus, I'd say a lot of his hindrances came from "outside". Perhaps his tenacity with all the fixed personal planets pushed through a time of seemingly "going backwards" in society, is part of what propelled his fame and admiration. He was moving in a direction that society wanted to go, but power structures made that difficult (Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus all retrograde in 10th house, Pluto retrograde in 12th oppose sun). Just a thought anyway.

Do you think 6th house can pertain to military service (being a service oriented house)?

Last edited: