Harry Potter and Chess

Maries

Which sign/signs, do you think, would make the best Chess players?

Allright-- another speculation on character's sun sign--

Harry Potter? Hermione? Ron? I asked about chess players because Ron was suppose to be a great chess player, but not particularly exceptional in anything else.

Hermione? A know it all if ever there was one-- Aquarious perhaps? Here's a contradiction in astreology-- Aquarious and Leo. The signs are opposites, but they are BOTH BIG know it alls. How come?

And Harry himself?

johan

pisces

Kasparov was a very good player.He has a square between Mercury and Mars,mathematical thinking,and Mercury a trine with Uranus.
Don't know the horoscope of Karpov,also a very good chessplayer from Russia.

Last edited:

Elianah

My 2¢ Worth...

Hmm...

Know-it-alls come in all shades of the zodiac. A lot depends upon where the Sun, ASC, Moon, Mercury, Jupiter and Uranus are in relationship to each other, by sign and by house.

For instance, my Cap brother is a very big know-it-all with the common sense of a flea. So is it because his Sun sits very near the cusp of Capricorn and Aquarius or is it because of some other feature?

Sometimes I feel like I come off like a know-it-all in my posts? Is this due to my Leo Sun/Uranus in the 8th, Sag ASC and Moon/Saturn conjunction, my Virgo Mercury/Pluto conjunction in the 9th, or my Jupiter/Lunar NN conjunction in the 11th?

Anyway, I think that the point has been made that you can't reduce a characteristic down to one sign or one planet. And the chart can't tell you everything to determine why a person is a know-it-all. It can't tell you the socio-economic background or how the family valued the type of knowledge the know-it-all has or other factors that are beyond the scope of the natal chart and its transits.

Summery Joy

I wrote a big reply to this thread last night, but just as I was proof-reading it, the power went out. I don't think I'll write the whole thing again because I don't remember most of the details, so here's the bottom-line:

I think chess is a Capricorn game.

I've only seen one Harry Potter movie, the characters were like this:

Harry - Gemini-ish
Hermione - Aquarius-ish (she ain't no Leo)
Ron - Capricorn-ish

Maries

I know-- I SHOULD NOT generalize about people's personality because of their sun signs. People are a combination of ALL the planets and how they interract (if that is the correct term) with one another. But still-- our suns signs, ascendents and moon signs ARE the greatest reflection on our personality-- are they not?

Summery Joy

Maries said:
But still-- our suns signs, ascendents and moon signs ARE the greatest reflection on our personality-- are they not?

Yes, Maries. As a general rule, they are. However, there's always someone special in each individual charts. Take singletons for instance. Singleton are those planets that are "single" in an element or house type. When they're alone there, their energies are very powefully felt because they're not mixed with "similar" energies. Also consider planets that are making major aspects to the ASC, especially if you use tight orbs. Note that most planets that are making aspects with the ASC are also making aspects with the other 3 corners of the horoscope. This gives them angular edge. Stelliums are powerful as well. I have a Leo stellium and a couple of other placements in Virgo. They are all placed togther in my 4th house. Along with my Moon conjuncting the ASC, I am very much Cancer-Like although I have ONE Cancer placement, Mars, which is quite weak there. Also, certain aspects are influencial. Imagine a chart that primarily one big fat T-Square, or a chart full of trines. Aspects will affect the flow of the energies telling you what the natal relates to and what they disown, if that.

So, to sum up, yes. A general rule is to look up the interpretation of placements of the Sun, Moon, ASC and the ruler of the ASC. But if you want to know what's really special about a person, find there special placements or aspects.

Sincerely,

Big Fat T-Square focussed in 4th house.. I mean.. sorehearted :D

Summery Joy

Singletons are those planets that are unique by element, quality, house type or chart half.

Suppose you have only one planet in a water sign and the other two signs are completely empty. That planet is a singleton. It's extra powerful being the only function that has a water colour. This goes for all elements.

Also, if you have one only one planet in a cardinal sign and the other three signs are completely empty. That planet is a singleton. It's extra powerful being the only function that has cardinal energy. This goes for all qualities.

These two examples work for planets that are alone is a house type (angular, succeedent and cadent). Also, if you have all your planet in one side of the chart and one lonely planet on the opposite side, that's a singleton also.

If you'd like, post your birth data and I'll help you find your singletons. That is, if you have any.

Maries

Singletons

Okay-- my birthday: 3-27-1959, 1:38 am, Pgh. Pa. USA Do I have any "singletons"? I remember from charts I've had one that I seem to have a varied mixture. Am I correct? Or does one planet, or one anything stand out?

Maries

lilllybelle

Re: Chess

I'm pretty sure Harry Potter's birthday was in the leo timeframe. He seems more like a cancer to me though. Lilllybelle.

toxix

sorehearted said:
If you'd like, post your birth data and I'll help you find your singletons. That is, if you have any.

Hey, if you don't mind.. can you take a look at mine?

January 7th 1984, 12:52pm, Edmonton AB, Canada

My moon is the only planet on the left hand of the chart, does that mean its a singleton?

freedomlover

As far as the over-all type of energy of each, I would say:
Harry - cancer or pisces, with a little Aries or Leo fire thrown in - combination of compassion and courage
Hermione - To me, definitely Sagittarius
Ron - Somewhat Capricornish, but probably more Libra. He seems fearful and unsure of himself, and more the type to support others success.

To Lilllybelle: Daniel Radcliffe, the actor who plays Harry Potter, was born 7-23-89. So he is on the cusp of Cancer/Leo. Did you read that somewhere before or did you just intuit that from his character? Personally, I think a lot of Daniel's personality comes through in Harry. Maybe that's why he plays the part so well.

I can't really say much about HP as I have only seen the first one, so I really don't have an in-depth understanding of the characters.

As for chess, yes, I can see the cap in it, but isn't it really an Aries game for two reasons?

(1) Its about two opposing forces - war and fighting
(2) Involves strategy

Otherwise, could be scorpionic - death and regeneration to play another game, and the need to penetrate the opposition.

Arian Maverick

I just discovered this thread and had no idea is was primarily about Harry Potter! :D

According to Harry James Potter: Quick facts from The Harry Potter Lexicon, the Boy Who Lived was born on July 31, 1980. Interestingly, the young actor who plays Harry in the film series--Daniel Radcliffe--is also a Leo; he was born July 23, 1989.

Ronald Bilius Weasley, Harry's redhead sidekick, is a Pisces; his birthday is March 1, 1980. However, Rupert Grint, the actor who portrays Ron, was born on August 24, 1988.

Finally, Hermione Jane Granger was born on September 19, 1979, although there is some discrepancy between the DVD timeline and one of J.K. Rowling's previous statements that Hermione is older than Harry and Ron. Nevertheless, Emma Watson is an Aries born on April 15, 1990.

Here is an interesting essay about Harry Potter’s Astrological Birth Chart.

Arian Maverick

johan

Cool you have found this essay on the internet,Beth!

Do you also happen to know the birthdata of the writer J.K.Rowling?

Arian Maverick

Thanks for the information, Johan! Can you find the birth times of Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson, by any chance? :D

Perhaps I should simply upload midday charts for everyone...

EDIT: I have uploaded J K Rowling's natal chart for the 2 PM birth time johan found.

Arian Maverick

Last edited: