Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects

Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects For astrology talks on fixed stars, Chiron, Sedna, Eris or any other newly discovered or little known cosmic object.

Unread 07-07-2006, 08:40 PM

Appearance and asteroids

Hello.
I know technically this is supposed to go in that appearance thread in the natal astrology but I thought I would put it here.

I would suspect the answer to my question would be yes. Just wondering if asteroids a prominent place (eg in the first house or conj with asc) would have an effect on someone's appearance.

I was wondering this as I have my natal chiron in the first house.

I've asked around for help on how it would affect my appearance and haven't had much of answer.

Thanks in advance

Unread 08-08-2006, 12:24 AM

Re: Appearance and asteroids

You asked a question that is very relevant to me. I have Chiron within 2 minutes of a degree on my ascendent in the first house.
Certainly the sign is very important.
For me appearnce-wise, I went through a health crisis the past two years as I experience my Chiron return and went through some radical first house appearance changes -- I lost my hair and my nails, had huge skin problems. Things are almost back to normal now, but Chiron sure had a way of making me aware of it's arrival!

Chart: http://img81.imageshack.us/my.php?im...enchart3xb.gif
Unread 08-09-2006, 04:42 AM

That's very interesting to hear Empath!
I'm due for my return in 2022! I'll let you know what happens
Unread 08-09-2006, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Hello.
Just wondering if asteroids a prominent place (eg in the first house or conj with asc) would have an effect on someone's appearance.

Hi,
You may find that Chiron in your 1st house represents something about your physical appearance that other people comment upon, positively or negatively according to the aspects Chiron makes. It's usually the negative aspects that represents something said about you that you find 'hurtful'. E.g. "Your eyes don't fit your face" or ''Have you always been that skinny?", "Pity that mole is so prominent", etc.etc., or it may have something to do with the characteristics of the sign Chiron is in, in which you are 'imperfect' through the eyes of other people. It becomes an issue of prime importance to you. Accepting yourself as you are, warts and all, is the best remedy. It's what's inside that counts and you are able to bring that across to others once you have discovered it for yourself.

If Chiron is well-aspected, you should possess the ability to understand the pain that other people go through, even if it's only through the encouraging word or shoulder hug, that helps them through their pain. They probably don't even notice your hunch back !!!

F.
Unread 08-10-2006, 06:32 AM

Wink Re: Appearance and asteroids

Thanks for the great explanation Frisiangal! It has clarified a lot for me.

So asteroids don't really have any impact on appearance as such but maybe it creates a perception. I can relate to what you said and it used to happen a lot to me younger but not so much now. When I was young and either refused or was not allowed for example to follow the latest fashions (especially hairstyles) and was taunted in school for it. I was taunted a bit about my appearance as I was tallish, arkward and painfully shy and wouldn't fight back. They made me feel quite ugly. Luckily, I got over it when I left school; I felt partially it might have been done out of me being an easy target or jealousy. Now looking back at all the school photos, I'm not the one with the terrible hair

Luckily I have two good aspects chiron: conjunction jupiter and trine venus (to my technically unaspected venus); which probably is the source of my ability to empathise with others. The "bad" one is chiron square saturn, with saturn in 4th/cancer - relating to my older parents and experiencing or feeling their hardships.

Last edited by 23; 08-10-2006 at 06:35 AM.
Unread 08-10-2006, 05:37 PM

Just for the record, 23, Chiron is NOT an asteroid, which are the 'chunks of rock' orbiting in a belt lying between Mars and Jupiter. Chiron is classed as a Centaur, one of the Kuyper Belt objects that move in various orbits between Saturn and the outer planets. Chiron's orbit is between Saturn and Uranus, thus its association with 'the bridge' between structurisation and reform.

Whether asteroids in the 1st house can be associated with outer appearance and personality, I don't know.

F.
Unread 08-11-2006, 09:50 PM

Thanks for info
Unread 10-16-2006, 06:56 PM

I am curious about this also- I have juno and lilth in my first house in scorpio although i am a libra rising - I also have pluto in libra in my first house conjoining my asc. I posted in the appearance thread that I dont really look like a libra rising......i wondered about that.....how might juno and lilith change that?
Unread 11-07-2006, 04:09 PM

deleted post.

Last edited by jagetoile; 01-08-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Unread 11-07-2006, 07:41 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to VenusInAries

I find this interesting too, my rising is 22 Libra rising and I have Cupidio at 22 Libra rising, but I can't seem to find any good links on the other asteroids outside of say juno, chiron etc. Does anyone have good links?
Unread 11-12-2006, 08:51 AM

Send a message via ICQ to watchman512 Send a message via Yahoo to watchman512 Send a message via Skype™ to watchman512

The sinister ladies of mystery...The dark asteroids of earth.

Laura, sister of disalussionment
Edith, sister of the power of the body over the mind
Marta, sister of greed
Sardonyx, sister of the devil
Greta, sister of gluttony
Bettis, sister of the destruction of good thoughts
Lystra, sister of the evil woman in a persons life
Freda, sister of the filth of mind & body
Helena, sister of horro & starvation
Lilith, sister of the seduction
Unread 10-14-2011, 12:36 PM

I have lilith exact conj ASC
opp Neptune (1 degree)
opp Mercury (1 degree)

Which will be the impact?
Unread 12-19-2016, 08:32 PM

I'm a Virgo with Sagittarius Asc, my Astraea conjuncts my Asc.
I assume that I look a lot Virgo-ish
Unread 12-19-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23 View Post
Hello.
I know technically this is supposed to go in that appearance thread in the natal astrology but I thought I would put it here.

I would suspect the answer to my question would be yes. Just wondering if asteroids a prominent place (eg in the first house or conj with asc) would have an effect on someone's appearance.

I've asked around for help on how it would affect my appearance and haven't had much of answer.

Thanks in advance
According to what I read, people who have Chiron in 1st (especially if Chiron conjuncts Asc) get bullied a lot

Tags
appearance, asteroids