Contacting the dead

capleo2scorpio

On new year's eve, I went to set up stuff for new years celebration at my friend's place- a nice apartment in a building from the Victorian era. Now the weird thing is I was walking up the stairs and the stairway light globe in front of my friend's apartment switched on by itself. I was shocked, because the switch was three metres in clear view in front of me and there was no one there to switch it on. I still went into the apartment with the borrowed keys.

That was not the first time though. A month ago in the same apartment, my friend and I were in his lounge room when the lounge room door slammed shut by itself with no wind source and his bible book flipped open, pages flicked through. People have said the area is haunted because of so many hospital morgues around and crazy old ghosts from the victorian era.

Anything like this happened to you?

wintersprite1

Premium Member
My daughter's room seems to be a vortex of some sort. Usually it isn't too bad, if it gets to be bothersome I address it outloud. The last visitor had this thing about grabbing butts.... so it was sort of funny, but a well placed knock it off and it has stopped.

JUPITERASC

On new year's eve, I went to set up stuff for new years celebration at my friend's place- a nice apartment in a building from the Victorian era. Now the weird thing is I was walking up the stairs and the stairway light globe in front of my friend's apartment switched on by itself. I was shocked, because the switch was three metres in clear view in front of me and there was no one there to switch it on. I still went into the apartment with the borrowed keys.
That's not necessarily 'paranormal' - main door 'security' lights that are triggered by movement are not unusual :smile:

retinoid

I don't even know what ghosts are. They seem to be ego residues or something as the ghost tends to look like previous incarnations and have personalities like them. But I am not sure if they are complex entities, they may just be shells or some sort. Though there are most likely other entities that exist in other dimensions that are also walking around. I encountered one such entity. I was sitting in my chair in my room and felt a pull towards the corner of my room and I stared at that direction and said to prove that you're here. And all of a sudden the sliding glass door blinds opened up. And I walked over to that area and felt a 'pull'. I always had a feeling that it wasn't a human ghost it was something else. Not 'evil', just some other entity.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I had a ghost living in an apartment with me and my wife back in the 70's.

Lots of very strange things happened there. One time we put some bad meat into the bottom of the trash can with lots of heavy stuff on top of it so the little dog we had then wouldn't get it.

Luckily the dog had better sense than the ghost. We came back to find the trash completely undisturbed, but the bad meat on the floor next to the dog's dish. Impossible for the dog to get it out and not have the trash allover the floor.

capleo2scorpio

My daughter's room seems to be a vortex of some sort. Usually it isn't too bad, if it gets to be bothersome I address it outloud. The last visitor had this thing about grabbing butts.... so it was sort of funny, but a well placed knock it off and it has stopped.

Grabbing butt??? :lol: Did you turn around and try to slap?

wintersprite1

Premium Member
It happened over the course of a week. None of us said anything to each other, until my daughter was coming up the stairs from the laundry room with a laundry bucket and screamed.... "someone grabbed my a$$" then we all were like, yeah that has been happening to me too. Seemed it was only when we had our hands full and in the laundry area. It was an odd area for activity here, as it is usually the hallway, outside (like one swing swinging) or my daughter's room. When first moving in here ten years ago it was piano playing in the front closet for about a year.

capleo2scorpio

I don't even know what ghosts are. They seem to be ego residues or something as the ghost tends to look like previous incarnations and have personalities like them. But I am not sure if they are complex entities, they may just be shells or some sort. Though there are most likely other entities that exist in other dimensions that are also walking around. I encountered one such entity. I was sitting in my chair in my room and felt a pull towards the corner of my room and I stared at that direction and said to prove that you're here. And all of a sudden the sliding glass door blinds opened up. And I walked over to that area and felt a 'pull'. I always had a feeling that it wasn't a human ghost it was something else. Not 'evil', just some other entity.

Creepy..... You still live there?

capleo2scorpio

It happened over the course of a week. None of us said anything to each other, until my daughter was coming up the stairs from the laundry room with a laundry bucket and screamed.... "someone grabbed my a$$" then we all were like, yeah that has been happening to me too. Seemed it was only when we had our hands full and in the laundry area. It was an odd area for activity here, as it is usually the hallway, outside (like one swing swinging) or my daughter's room. When first moving in here ten years ago it was piano playing in the front closet for about a year.

That's one pervy twisted ghost.

ashriia

I don't even know what ghosts are. They seem to be ego residues or something as the ghost tends to look like previous incarnations and have personalities like them. But I am not sure if they are complex entities, they may just be shells or some sort. Though there are most likely other entities that exist in other dimensions that are also walking around.

ego residues... interesting theory. if that is in fact the way it might work, i wonder at why it happens that way. why does a part get left behind? :andy:

growing up my house was always visited by spirits, when i still lived with family. my mother studied channeling with several different groups and therefore the home was always a little mecca for deceased relatives and friends that dropped by. the only time i actually saw, with my own eyes spirits. was after a cross country move and living in a new house with an ex. i saw two white lights, like blurry figures coming down a staircase. it was surreal, but i felt at the time they were familiars of the people i was living with. in retrospect ....i think they were there for me. like guardians that were with me for the long journey, to see me throught it. life can be pretty dazzling with all it's magic. :smile:

pudinnpop

We had a ghost in our childhood! He was intresting because he was there to "protect " us ! He first made himself known to my sister but then the rest of us knew about him!! My mother and father at the time were going through a seperation and at times my mom would sneak out!! well one night my mom snuck back in,laid down on the couch to sleep and he picked her up and tossed her on the floor!!! He wasnt impressed!!!

How we would know if he was around because he would walk to each of our bedroom doors everynite to check on us..We would hear footsteps,heavy ones!! My sister told us that he died in Nam!! And was a soldier!!!

SO a few years later we moved to london ontario and he followed..The same routine followed with him checkin on us.And one day we were doing the quiji board and he threw the board clear across the room..When we resembled it he spelled out DANGER!!!!! It was trippy to say the least!!!! A friend of my step sisters came over one night and he didnt like her..he actually showed himself to her!!! She ran out of there freakin out !! SO i asked her..."what did he look like" She said" he was tall dark hair and had on army gear with black boots" I said thats him!!!! This went on for a few more years....Didnt "see" him again until after i had my second son at 23 yrs old...I was with a drug addict at the time and didnt know it...He used to watch over my boys ,so one night he came in my dream and told me "things arent what they appear" So the same night my b/f got home extremly late and i was mad cos i had made this awesome dinner for him!! well i pushed it at him and said "EAT " all mad like..Well he got up from his chair and pushed me to the ground,and proceeded to punch me repeatedly in the face!!! It seems that my ghost was right!!! Needless to say i got rid of him!!! And since then ive never felt or heard my ghost again...I often wonder why he stopped watching over us!!!

Just thought id share my expereince!!!

knowhow999

I have been communicating with folks on the other side of the veil for many years. Once you open yourself to the experience, it begins. In order to begin the process, I read everything I could get my hands on. As a Catholic, I had always been informed that such contact is dangerous/possibly demonic.
I now know, it is part of the journey of consciousness.
Recently, I lost my best friend of 45 years. If not for the ability to communicate psychically, the loss would have overwhelmed me. I had been in the process of reading: The Last Frontier, Exploring the Afterlife and Transforming Our Fear of Death By Julia Assante PhD. Little did I know this book was shoved to me by others on the other side to prepare me for the loss of my dear friend. I highly suggest folks read this book. It has a forward by Larry Dossey MD.
I have participated in ghost investigations for several years. Anyone in the SF bay area should consider trainings by Loyd Auerbach MA as he is excellent in preparing people for delving into the world of spirit.
Most of the spirits I have perceived have been persons involved in the continuing development of their souls. We are all soul fragments of larger OverSouls. The personalities we take on in particular lifetimes are part of a process of development and growth.

Blessings To All

pudinnpop

My curiosity has always been for the ones who can communicate with this is.....How come we still dont know what its truly like on the other side??? Why doesnt any ghost ever say,like describe it etc etc..Ive never heard not one medium ever be able to give out such details!! And why some remain with us and others not???

JUPITERASC

There's no security sensoring lights. I checked with my friend. Its a building built in the 1800s.
- IF houses even had electricity in the early 1800's the building would have been updated over the years!! The building could have been wired for electricity when it was constructed, IF it was build in the late 1800's
BUT i
t's unlikely
the current electric WIRING is IDENTICAL to that of the 1800's because safety regulations require a certain standard to be maintained, no matter how old an actual building is.

If there are no security sensoring lights then another possible explanation is a simple wiring anomaly or fluctuation due to faulty wiring that requires updating so no harm in getting the electric circuits checked and tested by professionals - just in case :smile:

CapGoddess

I don't know if much of this falls under the category as contacting the dead, but in my 30 years I've had a number of paranormal experiences.

I remember sitting in my room and having every wire on the floor from my cd player wire to my television, wiggle and move in such a strange way. I tried to see if there was a natural explanation for it to no avail.

The wires moved like that for about an hour and a half and then ceased.

Recently my brother and I have been doing our own investigations around in the woods in our neighborhood. We have actually caught what we believe are entities on tape. We had a very demonic laugh, what sounded like a demonic entity saying "Kill Sarah" my name. One that sounded like it said "Sarah get out. Fire". There were a bunch that said different things.

I've been in this room here and have heard what sounded like a demonic growl in the middle of the night.

I believe I've seen a shadow person in this house I am in, in the middle of the night. It walked through my kitchen, looked solid, and made absolutely no noise while it moved.

Sounds a bit crazy I realize, but with the experiences I've had and know to have happened, I can not disbelieve.

Last edited:

knowhow999

If something is occurring that in any way is unsettling in an area, I suggest you burn some sage, or use bells, prayers, holy oils to cleanse the site. Raising the vibratory level is a way of removing lower energy in an area.
Do not attempt to communicate with energy that is unsettling. Also, know that spirits will fool with you. Take care.

Blessings

Neptune Rising

That was not the first time though. A month ago in the same apartment, my friend and I were in his lounge room when the lounge room door slammed shut by itself with no wind source and his bible book flipped open, pages flicked through. People have said the area is haunted because of so many hospital morgues around and crazy old ghosts from the victorian era.

Anything like this happened to you?

Something happened to me and the guy I was living with back then. We had some pet budgies in the living room. One evening, the budgies just went mad, they were making such a noise going nuts! We felt such a strange vibe, both of us, we had to just get out of there, we were terrified. We spoke to the landlady a few days later to find out the history of that flat. Her boyfriend had killed himself in that living room. I'm not sure how long we lived there after that. I think we moved soon after.

Zarathu

Account Closed
My curiosity has always been for the ones who can communicate with this is.....How come we still dont know what its truly like on the other side??? Why doesnt any ghost ever say,like describe it etc etc..Ive never heard not one medium ever be able to give out such details!! And why some remain with us and others not???

You need to read the Tibetan Book of the Dead.