The 27 Club?

Ruka_5

Banned
...I know this is a phrase people are probably sick of hearing lately, but humor me.

I wonder if there isn't some kind of spiritual or metaphysical reasoning to explain it. I've been thinking for days now that maybe it's a case of certain people who are just meant to be here for a very specific length of time (usually a shorter than normal life span), who are meant to kind of affect people on a mass scale, as if they were born with a mission, they accomplish it, and then they go. I'd love to hear any and all thoughts on that.

I'm thinking there has to be some kind of common denominators here. And it has to be deeper than them supposedly all being left-handed and born in the northwest (which is a rather silly, hilarious theory I read on another board a few minutes ago). I'm thinking specifically that there has to be astrological common denominators here. At some point I'm going to take a look at the charts of the members of the 27 Club as well as other musicians who seemed to have a huge effect on humanity collectively, such as John Lennon and Elvis Presley and see if there's any themes there.

starchaser

Here's Kurt Cobain's chart :)

RIP Kurt (& the rest guys)!!!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_03_k.35851.29969.jpg
    astro_2gw_03_k.35851.29969.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 36

JerryRR

The approaching Saturn return may be difficult for some people.Secondary progressed lunar return and tr lunar node reversal.

J. :)

p.s. Happy Birthday.

Last edited:

Ruka_5

Banned
Here's Kurt Cobain's chart :)

RIP Kurt (& the rest guys)!!!

You know what? A theory I was batting around in my head not that long ago, was that maybe it had something to do with having the outer planets prominent in a chart, since they're generational and linked to the collective. So far Cobain's chart seems to back that up at least a little bit, with Pluto and Uranus conjunct right on the ascendant...

The approaching Saturn return may be difficult for some people.Secondary progressed lunar return and tr lunar node reversal.

J. :)

p.s. Happy Birthday.

Yeah, I've seen others mention the Saturn Return specifically, but that doesn't explain folks like Lennon or Elvis, who also affected large groups of people, but I think weren't approaching any Saturn Returns at the time of their deaths.

And...Thanks. :happy:

Mark

I think the Saturn return is just a bit out of synch to cause this. The whole idea of the "27 club" is the strange observation that many musicians and performers die at age 27 of unrelated (and unnatural) causes. No one would have noticed if there weren't so many 27's involved. The Saturn return should be expected to be 28 to 30 years, not 27 exactly. The progressed, synodic lunar return should land at age 27.5 or so. The sidereal measurement of the Moon's motion would put it in the same range as the Saturn return, so the synodic rhythm makes more sense. The synodic rhythm should also be related to music and pop culture icons, unlike Saturn. To my senses, this phenomenon seems to smell of the Moon.

Ruka_5

Banned
So I'm looking around now at charts and so far Hendrix's doesn't really fit the theory, his outers don't really fall on angles or anything, but they are highly aspected...

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Hendrix,_Jimi

None of the outers are angular in Lennon's chart either, or particularly heavily-aspected (barring Pluto).

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Lennon,_John

With Elvis, Neptune is the most elevated planet (albeit not conjunct the MC). Neptune and Pluto are highly aspected : http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Presley,_Elvis

So it looks like this theory is probably wrong but I still believe there has to be some kind of astrological indicators for this type of thing.

Sag Moon2

The data for Lenon is skewed as I talked to people who knew Lennon or rather their wife did and she got the correct time.I use to have it.Also he was not born in Liverpool ,but Manchester.

He had an 10th and 8th house emphasis.

Last edited:

Ruka_5

Banned
The data for Lenon is skewed as I talked to people who knew Lennon or rather their wife did and she got the correct time.I use to have it.Also he was not born in Liverpool ,but Manchester.

He had an 10th and 8th house emphasis.

Which pretty much leans toward my point that it's not really the outers that's the culprit, after all.

Sag Moon2

I cannot remember what the planets weree in the 10th,but his chart clearly indicated that the 8th house was afflicted and that he was destined to die when and how he did. If you look at Bruce Lee's chart and his son.s Brandon then you get the idea.

danashock

well the first thing that occured to me when i heard bout this 27 club is that these individuals were probably too overwhelmed to take their saturn return which was on the verge of beginning.

Mark

Haha, I just remembered. Ruka blocked me over some silliness, so he can't read my posts. Since he's the OP, somebody please tell him that the cycle that most closely matches this 27 year pattern is the progressed, synodic lunar return.

Michael

2 + 7 = 9

9 means perfection in numerology.

I guess they achieved perfection on this plane and moved on. If youth is your ideal, then it's probably a good idea to die at 27. Don't you think?.

Ruka_5

Banned
2 + 7 = 9

9 means perfection in numerology.

I guess they achieved perfection on this plane and moved on. If youth is your ideal, then it's probably a good idea to die at 27. Don't you think?.

...What about the other ones who had a big effect on the population at large, like John Lennon and Elvis and a boatload of others, who died relatively young as well, but not at 27?

Michael

Mark said this:

Haha, I just remembered. Ruka blocked me over some silliness, so he can't read my posts. Since he's the OP, somebody please tell him that the cycle that most closely matches this 27 year pattern is the progressed, synodic lunar return.

Last edited:

Ruka_5

Banned
Mark said this:

Mark -

I blocked you because you're extremely hostile and disrespectful when people don't agree with you - not because of 'silliness'; when you get to the point where you can't handle anybody disagreeing with you without telling them to 'shut up' (which is what you did), then something is incredibly wrong with you. Unfortunate for you, but that doesn't mean I have to sit and be patient with you and take it because you have problems.

And if you'd taken the time to read the thread properly, you'd see that your theory is full of holes - especially when there's plenty of artists and people in general who have greatly affected humanity as a collective, that died after the age of 27; again, people like John Lennon, Elvis, Martin Luther King Jr, and tons more. Your 'great idea' doesn't have a leg to stand on.

I'd also appreciate it if you didn't try to get around the blocks I've placed up and respect my wishes. You cannot force interaction on someone who does not want it, and if you continue to keep trying to do so, I'll report you to the moderators.

It's a shame I actually have to spell something like this out for an adult who is more than likely much older than me and should know better and how to conduct themselves. Don't address me again, directly or through others.

Thanks.

Michael

...What about the other ones who had a big effect on the population at large, like John Lennon and Elvis and a boatload of others, who died relatively young as well, but not at 27?

This is my attempt to answer:

Case 1:

I guess their fathers died young and they didn't want to betray them. Living longer than them would be considered rude. Does this make sense?.

Case 2 (variation of first one):

Their idol, possibly a celebrity -also a father figure- died young and so they want to die young too.

Last edited:

Mark

Just so everyone else isn't as misled as Ruka, the synodic Lunar return does make the most sense and is the only cycle that fits 27.3 to 27.5 years. To the best of my knowledge, there is no other cycle that falls so cleanly into such a pattern that it can create "dead after 27 but before 28" over and over again.

Also, I won't request it myself, but if anyone wants to request that Ruka be banned for slander and disruption, I would support your request. I can think of at least one other who would as well.

If any would like to read what I actually said (which was addressed to more than one person), it was: "Firstly, all who wish to have peace and quiet can achieve it by simply shutting their own mouth. There can be no argument when you're not talking. Arguing about not arguing is just silly. Is your motivation to get the last word or to achieve peace? Actions tell the story. Now that this is out of the way..."

That was followed by a long post that had nothing else to do with the previous jabbing (of which I had no part) and had nothing to do with Ruka. If you would like to read his reaction, this is all located in the thread at the link below (starting on page 5). My comment is more than half way down and Ruka's response is the first post on page 6 (currently).
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38385&page=5