House( 2)

GEMINI78

I was going over my Natal chart and I have Pluto in Libra Retrograde, in the second house and also, my North node is in Libra in the second house. I was reading up on the second house and it stated that I will suffer dramatic losses concerning money (I always do), because I have to learn the true meaning of wealth, which can not be destroyed by temporary upheavals in your external life. And also with my True Node in the second house in Libra, I have to find and build my own resources. I always had financial problems from birth until now, my whole childhood I lived in extreme poverty. It also stated with Pluto in H2 , ones resources may be destroyed and renewed. What if you don't anything to be detroyed?

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid=ozvfileB7wNLQ-u1211508635;lang=e;gm=a1;btyp=2;mth=gw;sday=19;smon=6;syr=2008;hsy=-1;zod=;orbp=;rs=0;ast=;nhor=1;nho2=3

Last edited:

gaer

GEMINI78 said:
I was going over my Natal chart and I have Pluto in Libra Retrograde, in the second house and also, my North node is in Libra in the second house. I was reading up on the second house and it stated that I will suffer dramatic losses concerning money (I always do), because I have to learn the true meaning of wealth, which can not be destroyed by temporary upheavals in your external life. And also with my True Node in the second house in Libra, I have to find and build my own resources. I always had financial problems from birth until now, my whole childhood I lived in extreme poverty. It also stated with Pluto in H2 , ones resources may be destroyed and renewed. What if you don't anything to be destroyed? How long dose Natal placements take affect?
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?cid=ozvfileB7wNLQ-u1211508635&lang=e&gm=a1&nhor=1&nho2=3&btyp=2&mth=gw&sday=19&smon=6&syr=2008&hsy=-1&zod=&orbp=&rs=0&ast=
I'm afraid you will not get quick feedback because you are making sweeping assumptions based on only a couple chart factors.

Pluto and the North Node were both in Libra for two years or so, close enough to fall into the 2nd house for millions of people.

Obviously all these people have have not struggled with money. :)

Your natal positions are just an indication of focus on 2nd house affairs, based on Pluto and the North Node falling in that house!

Gaer

GEMINI78

O.K. I understand, sometimes the info you read on-line researching is so different then what's said on this site. That's why I asked,but that's the Leo rising in me blowing things up....lol

thanks

Neptune Rising

Hi Gemini

I can relate to you in some ways with 2nd house issues, my sun is on the 2nd cusp, and I know how tough this can be. Also brought up in poverty but only really that learned it comes from within later.

North Node is where your life path is in this lifetime. It is the direction that you should be going in even though this is not always the easiest option. I would guess that North Node in 2nd is telling you that you have to rely on yourself to find your own inner wealth, regardless of your outer situations. You might have a lot of power with regard to this so don’t underestimate your ability to find inner wealth. Even if you have nothing in the way of personal resources / cash, you need, as you say, to find a wealth / self-value inside that nothing can shatter or take away.

Not sure if I made sense, but hope it helps :)

NR

gaer

Neptune Rising said:
Hi Gemini

I can relate to you in some ways with 2nd house issues, my sun is on the 2nd cusp, and I know how tough this can be. Also brought up in poverty but only really that learned it comes from within later.
I have Sun, Moon and Neptune in the 2nd. Financial security is very important to me, and frankly I've never felt totally secure. I certainly don't feel so now.

I don't like to generalize too much, but my wife has 2nd Sun, and we are very much alike regarding finances. We both tend to be very conservative, too much so probably. So at least in some charts, 2nd house emphasis can show fear of not having enough and point to lessons in life that show as, as you pointed out, that it's really an inside matter.

Neptune Rising

I
have Sun, Moon and Neptune in the 2nd. Financial security is very important to me, and frankly I've never felt totally secure. I certainly don't feel so now.

I don't like to generalize too much, but my wife has 2nd Sun, and we are very much alike regarding finances. We both tend to be very conservative, too much so probably. So at least in some charts, 2nd house emphasis can show fear of not having enough and point to lessons in life that show as, as you pointed out, that it's really an inside matter

Gaer, I think thats great, its interesting how we sometimes attract people with similar aspects or placements in their charts as to ours, perhaps to work through certain issues together.

I also read somewhere, that when people with 2nd house Suns make a life direction choice, it really impacts them in 2nd house ways.

I've spent a lot of time understanding the concept of abundance, I had a big fear of lack for much of my life, I think yoga helped me alot to calm myself.
NR

gaer

Neptune Rising said:
I

Gaer, I think thats great, its interesting how we sometimes attract people with similar aspects or placements in their charts as to ours, perhaps to work through certain issues together.

I also read somewhere, that when people with 2nd house Suns make a life direction choice, it really impacts them in 2nd house ways.
All true, I think. :)
I've spent a lot of time understanding the concept of abundance, I had a big fear of lack for much of my life, I think yoga helped me alot to calm myself.
NR
I think the underlying principle is our perception of what we have. Some people will have very little and yet feel content, while others will have a great deal yet always feel poor. :)

Gaer

archergirl

I have the North Node AND Chiron in the 2nd; but the cusp ruler is Pisces...I have had a very odd relationship to money. I grew up poor (single mother), 'got rich' in my teenage years (single mother entered real estate career!), but it has taken me many, many years to work out issues related to 'havingness', as they'd call it in yoga.

Like NR I've had to find my 'inner wealth' first. Having Pisces on the 2nd cusp makes me not particularly materialistic (especially since ruling planet Jupiter is 'at home' in the 9th: I'd rather travel than have the burden of wealth!); but it also gives me a sort of faith that I'll always have enough...and strangely enough, I do. Not as wealthy as, say, David Beckham (I am now working on that particular manifestation!:p ), but enough to get by and get me where I want to go.

Mr. Archergirl has a 2nd house Cancer moon; and his relationship to money is much different to mine. A) he's better with it but B) he worries more about it. It's a sword of Damocles for him, IMO. I just drift along, not worrying too much about it, and everything turns out OK in the end.

But then again, I AM a Sadge...optimistic to the end!:p

Gemini78, Pluto in the 2nd will relate to issues of 'power'; and certainly, if you grew up in grinding poverty, the 'power' of money will always be an issue for you...this isn't a negative thing, btw. But what it means is that you will have to be very 'aware' of money issues: how money is used; who it helps; where it goes, etc. In other words, if you become wealthy, how will you use your wealth? Will you use it to 'have power' over other people, as they did over your family when you were growing up? Would you use money to buy yourself 'bling bling' and fancy cars to show off for other people? Will you use any money you have to help other people? Money is a form of energy, and with the 'nuclear bomb' of Pluto in that house, you will have an awful lot of energy at your disposal. Use it well!

AG:)

Last edited:

Jeremy

I would say though that Pluto on the 2nd is going to be similar in quality to Scorpio on the 2nd, which is markedly diferent in style to Libra or Virgo on the 2nd. Scorpio believes that less is more at a more or less (not quite a palindrome there) unconscious level; so there is a call to Spartanism inherent in the placement. I have Mo/Me and maybe Ne in the 2nd all in Scorpio, and I have experienced many financial wipeouts in my life, I have had periods of good money, I might even have felt positively wealthy at times, but I always experienced very sudden and dramatic reversals at some point.

I had floods (Neptune) destroy (Scorpio) my possessions (2nd house) on more than one occasion.

I also disagree that Pluto cannot be felt at an individual level; if that were true then there would be no point in including it in the nativity. If it has aspects, then it will make itself felt, although not probably consciously. My m.i.l has Pluto in the 2nd and she is totally psychotic about money, bankrupt 5 times, you name it.

Anyhow, interesting thread.

gaer

Jeremy said:
I also disagree that Pluto cannot be felt at an individual level; if that were true then there would be no point in including it in the nativity. If it has aspects, then it will make itself felt, although not probably consciously. My m.i.l has Pluto in the 2nd and she is totally psychotic about money, bankrupt 5 times, you name it.
I don't think that anyone is saying that Pluto is not felt at an individual level but rather that just a sign and house for Pluto is not enough to go on. Many of us continually suggest considering the whole chart, not just details of a chart.

What does Pluto in Leo mean? Well, Pluto first made it into that sign in August of 1938 but did not get there totally until June 1939 and did not enter Virgo except for a tiny bit of time in Aug. 1957. (

So if someone has Pluto in Leo, in the 2nd, that doesn't tell me much. If we consider the degree Pluto is in, suddenly we have aspects to consider, and very few people will not have some kind of personal aspect from Pluto to a fast moving planet.

Let me add myself to the people who have survived disasters. I lost almost everything I owned in a freak fire. I wish I had the date when it happened. I didn't save it, and I've tried to put that out of my mind. :(

By the way, when you look at what happened when Pluto first entered Leo and compare that with what is happening right now, with Pluto just edging into Capricorn (temporarily retreating to Sag), it's hard not to draw parallels. At that time, the world had to wake up and face the fact that dictators were ruling the world (Russia, Germany, Japan, Italy), and right now the lid is coming off Dubby's administration.

Pluto first entered Libra in October 1971, and at that time the truth of what was happening in Vietnam was coming to light. The Pentagon Papers were published early in 1971, and an important case was decided by the Supreme Court that stopped the US government from surpressing those papers.

Very similar to what is going on now…

Gaer

GEMINI78

archergirl said:
Gemini78, Pluto in the 2nd will relate to issues of 'power'; and certainly, if you grew up in grinding poverty, the 'power' of money will always be an issue for you...this isn't a negative thing, btw. But what it means is that you will have to be very 'aware' of money issues: how money is used; who it helps; where it goes, etc. AG:)

This is so..true with me, I'm so unaware of my money, I.. let it slip threw my fingers. Living paycheck to paycheck, I don't make a lot of money never did , but If someone calls and ask me for money, which happens a lot ! I rarely say no ,I'll just give my last away and realizing afterword's, I NEEDED IT! My challenge is learning my boundaries with giving and being ''aware'' of were my money goes. I'm trying to find balance, it's hard for me sometimes fighting with my ASC 27Leo and Jupiter 11Can in the 11th . I'll take a family member or friend to dinner spend ect...., and I know I need the money! but now I'm seeing this has drained me on so many levels.:(

Last edited:

Jeremy

Haha, I get that now Gaer, now that I've reread the thread :)
My Neptune is right on the cusp of the third house too y'know :)

archergirl

Hi Gemini78,

There is a little bit of psychology involved with money; if you grew up 'not having' money, you will tend to do one of two things:

1) become a miserly, money-grasping mogul like Gene Simmons from Kiss, who is *very* astute with money and does not hide the fact that he grew up very, very poor...Many, many tycoons and successful business-people grew up abjectly poor and spend their lives never earning enough to get over their childhoods, even when they have millions. Or:

2) give all of your money away, because on some deep level, you will not be comfortable with the *idea* of having money. In other words, if you grew up thinking that all you would ever be, is poor (this is often a mindset that your parents will give you; if they talked a lot about how poor they were, how they never had money, how they'd never get ahead, etc, you, as a child, will come to believe that this is how it always is), then to suddenly have money makes you deeply uncomfortable on some level. You 'arent' supposed to' have money, because you didn't grow up expecting to have any. So you give it away until you no longer have that 'uncomfortable' feeling. Remember, giving your money away is also a form of 'power': people come to you and ask, which gives you power to say yes or no.

Pluto is very subtle. Finding balance is indeed the key, and finding a way to 'do' Pluto in a way that keeps you from overdoing it, one way or the other. Personally, I'd rather be a millionaire so I can *afford* to give some away..;)

Cheers,
AG:)

aquarius7000

I second absolutely what Gaer has said.

Pluto in its long stay in a 'sign' highlights/ brings to surface/ intensifies certain issues associated with that sign for the millions - a whole generation - born during that period of time. For e.g.:

Pluto in Libra generation has its task cut out for it in maintaining harmony and balance in relationships (of all sorts)
Pluto in Scorpio generation will similarly be made to work on power & sex issues.

What Pluto does is that it ruthlessly exposes the dark and hidden side of things and brings to surface that what lies at the core of the sign archetypes. It then destroys the old order (compulsively) demanding that 'the generation' rebuilds. This is what we mean by Pluto transformation in a sign.
The main thing here to understand is that this transformation is not taking place in the 'day-to-day' lives of all born with Pluto in 'sign X', as Pluto's energies are spread over its long stay in that sign, thereby affecting a whole generation.
=> This is why Pluto's effect in a sign can not be considered really 'personal' or 'individual'.

The 'individuality' of Pluto and its direct effects on the 'individual' himself come in:
a) with Pluto's placement in a particular house in the individual's chart, as houses are areas of life, and
b) with the aspects Pluto forms with the personal planets (Sun, Moon, Mer, Ven, Mars) in the individual's chart.
=> a & b hold weight as houses and aspects are 'exclusive' to your chart

Sticking to your question about House 2, well, I have Pluto in my 2nd house too. However, I had a fairly easy childhood moneywise, and also have a normal life now - meaning - no extremes of either poverty or affluence. In fact, I quite like my moderate life, and to live within my means. Money has also never been of extreme importance to me, though I lay importance on being financially independent (but that I can attribute to my Aquarian Sun, which likes independence in every sphere of life). The one extreme I notice in my case with Pluto in 2 is that I am inclined to either just saving up financially for a certain period of time only to splurge the next moment. The main extreme though that Pluto has manifested with its placement in my 2nd house is that I give immense importance to general value systems - also matters of house 2.
Pluto does get too intense even in my case (doesn't spare anyone), but that has more to do with its aspects to my personal planets placed in other houses (so Plu squ Moon forces me to deal with my intense emotions), but this might be going beyond the scope of the thread's topic now.

Hope to have helped
:)aquarius7000

gaer

aquarius7000 said:
Sticking to your question about House 2, well, I have Pluto in my 2nd house too. However, I had a fairly easy childhood moneywise, and also have a normal life now - meaning - no extremes of either poverty or affluence. In fact, I quite like my moderate life, and to live within my means. Money has also never been of extreme importance to me, though I lay importance on being financially independent (but that I can attribute to my Aquarian Sun, which likes independence in every sphere of life). The one extreme I notice in my case with Pluto in 2 is that I am inclined to either just saving up financially for a certain period of time only to splurge the next moment. The main extreme though that Pluto has manifested with its placement in my 2nd house is that I give immense importance to general value systems - also matters of house 2.
Pluto does get too intense even in my case (doesn't spare anyone), but that has more to do with its aspects to my personal planets placed in other houses (so Plu squ Moon forces me to deal with my intense emotions), but this might be going beyond the scope of the thread's topic now.

Hope to have helped
:)aquarius7000
I like this thread because people have actually talked about their personal experiences as planets transited their 2nd house. :)

archergirl

HAH! I have Uranus transiting House 2 right now; I can't hold on to money for more than ten minutes....

Usually, I hold on to it for at least eight...

:D AG

aquarius7000

Tr-Saturn first lands on the cusp of my 2nd House beginning of Nov this year. Guess I should gradually start salting some dough away, though I would think that just like money is not easy come during this transit, it wouldn't be easy go either:confused:.
The main issue of concern during this Saturn transit really could be when Saturn hits (conj) my natal Pluto in 2 in a little over 2 years from now. Wonder how dire that can get:eek: .

:rolleyes: aquarius7000

Neptune Rising

aquarius7000 said:
The main issue of concern during this Saturn transit really could be when Saturn hits (conj) my natal Pluto in 2 in a little over 2 years from now. Wonder how dire that can get:eek: .

I read that it makes self transformation concrete, a transition phase. My friend is going through it at the moment but I'm not sure what houses are involved. He has started to want more kids. It sounds like quite an amazing transit, from an onlookers perspective.

I've got Neptune and Chiron transiting my house 2 at the moment, and I haven't got any concept of money! Never really did anwway. I've gone from having loads of money, to very little, all in this year, and it all seems like a blur. I'm unsure whether I feel abundant, or whether its all an illusion :rolleyes:, well I do feel abundant and have enough to live on, but the more I try and understand my money or the idea of money, the more lost I get. As soon as someone starts talking accounts with me, I go into a blank.

NR

aquarius7000

Neptune Rising said:
I read that it makes self transformation concrete, a transition phase..
NR, do you say self-transformation because self-worth is also concerned with H-2? I think Saturn transiting 2 could certainly make you question your self-worth.

Btw, 2006 was financially a bad year for me (was my own doing) - it was like a 'pouring-my-money-down-the-drain' drill, I did (compulsive behaviour during that period). My solar-return for that year showed a) natal Pluto of 2 in a tight opp to n-Node - which was placed on the cusp of 8 (both 2 & 8 are connected with finances); and b) tr-Jup conj natal Pluto- 2H. One would think that Jup transit in 2 would bring financial luck/ gains, with me the opposite happened - it was like a big OTT splurge (Jup), resulting out of an obsessive behaviour (Pluto) grrrrrrrr :mad:, which, 'could' have resulted in my financial ruin (Pluto=extremes, ruins), but perhaps the Jup transit in 2 mildened that effect just enough to save me and see me through it all:)