The Astrologer's Degree

LionKing

Yes... Alphard. Isn't that cute to see how close it is to "all fart." Ha!
V/r LionKing
(I mean it is going to be difficult to be vain and tell everyone that I have that "Astrologers Degree" so highly thought of. I have that shinning star known far and wide as "all fart." Ha!)

LionKing

Before someone else comes to give me feed back, there is also another star out there. It is 27deg 54 it is called "Al Jabhah." I think that is the one that everyone is talking about. It gives sound judgement. Wealth, cleverness.
V/r LionKing.

Nexus7

And Regulus?

To is 'all fart' Alphard attributed to then, if any attributes exist? I have an old book by Alan Oken who mentions Regulus, alas, nothing else at this degree....

LionKing

It mentions it in the Anthony Louis book. Horary Astrology Plain & Simple. It had it in there so I quickly picked up the book. 27 degree 17 Leo and of course I told you the other one, it is also in Leo. Hey I was just having fun with it. V/r LionKing:sunny: Ha!

Otay

Jeremy said:
Gaer good buddy, I am all over this :)
I have PoF at 25° Leo, Pallas at 26° Leo and Jupiter at 27° Leo. I love astrology, but I have to admit a real love for a good bottle of red as well.

In fact, it is something of a personal ambition to one day drink a couple of bottles in the company of fellow astrologers - such as yourself - and discuss the matter in a more Dionysian spirit than these sober pages allow.

:)

Now that's what I call a well-said beautifully put sentiment, Jeremy:cool: .
...on the porch under a starlit summer night with a tray of tealights.
...almost makes me forget the ride home years ago in a drunken heap in the foot galley under the dashboard:eek:.

LionKing

Hey I have glass of wine before I sack out. Nothing wrong with that. And meeting everyone someday at some city, say Indianapolis or Dallas, cool with me. V/r LionKing:sunny:

Nexus7

it is also in Leo. Hey I was just having fun with it. V/r LionKing:sunny: Ha!

Me too. Maybe I should have done an emoticom. A farting emoticom. Any ideas there on how to make one?

I have Jupiter at 25 Scorpio, usualy I am up for a glass of the red stuff.

twiggy

I have Regulus at 29 Leo conjunct my Sun in 12H. Just read on a website it gives you astrological abilities. Probably explains my interest!

N

Jeremy

well, all the way from 25 to 29 Leo are considered astrologer's degrees. I don't think it is because of Regulus though. Maybe you could post a link? (Everyone has Regulus at 29 Leo, it's a fixed star)

Also, I see your Jupiter is within orb of the astrologer's degree at 11 Virgo :)

Jeremy

Well, the fixed stars do move but only maybe a degree and 5 minutes every century (or something like that).

Thanks for the link, it is an interesting read :)

Niplan

Banned
Necro post whooohaaa Rise from the dead i say!!!

this is interesting to me, mainly as i have my sun in 27* Aquarius Moon in 27th tarus.

And it took me a little under a month to become proficent in astrology, it feels like im only reviewing material most times, and not trying to sound egotistical, but I do give really acurate interpriations on this forum and to the people who i do free charts for in person.

Also, i have uranus on this one;
21° Sag: Perverted tastes.

this one, is my ascendent;
19° Cancer: Sudden fame followed by disgrace and imprisonment.

Last edited:

estrella

I don't think that there is any one thing that "makes an astrologer".
But here are a few of my ideas about indicators
Sun and Uranus in either sextile or trine
Mercury and Uranus in harmony (Evangeline Adams had the trine)
A strong Uranus and/or Mercury
Arabic Part of Astrology in aspect to the MC
(My Part of Astrology is conjunct my Part of Career-both conjunct my MC-maybe the universe is trying to tell me something :biggrin:)
Regulus conjunct Asc or Mc (Ivy Goldstein had it conjunct her Asc)
Uranus in the 6th house of work (like Sydney Omarr)
or in the 10th house of career (like Alan Leo)

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
While Carter and Leo may have put these four degrees down for what they call astrologers degrees, but they really don't talk about why they've put them as those four distinct degrees, even if they were so sure of themselves as to say "beyond doubt". To me it sounds a lot like a "quick fix" method that a lot of the theosophist astrologers tried to do with a lot of things.

I have to disregard the idea that the Fixed Stars are the source for the various degree influences and, in turn, the astrologers degree for two reasons: 1) We've already got fixed stars...so why do we need two sets of them in the exact same place? 2) Fixed stars move around, so their influence probably wouldn't be there anymore since they move 1° every 72 years.

All-in-all, I'm more likely to throw out this idea of an astrologer's degree simply because the man who started to spread the idea of it miraculously has Saturn and his Ascendant on the degree that's supposed to give astrological talent. Coincidence? I think not. Maybe I'm paranoid though.

I don't think that there is any one thing that "makes an astrologer".
But here are a few of my ideas about indicators
Sun and Uranus in either sextile or trine
Mercury and Uranus in harmony (Evangeline Adams had the trine)
A strong Uranus and/or Mercury
Arabic Part of Astrology in aspect to the MC
(My Part of Astrology is conjunct my Part of Career-both conjunct my MC-maybe the universe is trying to tell me something :biggrin:)
Regulus conjunct Asc or Mc (Ivy Goldstein had it conjunct her Asc)
Uranus in the 6th house of work (like Sydney Omarr)
or in the 10th house of career (like Alan Leo)
Kai,
All-in-all, I'm more likely to throw out this idea of an astrologer's degree simply because the man who started to spread the idea of it miraculously has Saturn and his Ascendant on the degree that's supposed to give astrological talent. Coincidence? I think not. Maybe I'm paranoid though.

Interesting thread, must have missed it first time around. I'm inclined to agree this is just 'his' opinion of what to look for as astrologers. I think a prominent Uranus, mercury too.

I have Aquarius Asc, uranus conj sun/moon angular 7th trine MC. Pluto 27' Leo well aspected exact trine to moon in Aries 3rd. Merc trine Jupiter in 8th. When I was learning astrology T Jupiter 9th I seemed to have photographic memory for data and couldn't get it out of my teacher quick enough. Maybe it was just a 'remembering' rather than re-learning. I was much more likely to remember someone's chart over their name

Niplan

Banned
the reason i question the releviance and ask if this was taken from the fixed stars, because that little comment about

"19° Cancer: Sudden fame followed by disgrace and imprisonment."

thats the effects of the fixed star castor, wich castor is conjunct my ASC.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Niplan said:
the reason i question the releviance and ask if this was taken from the fixed stars, because that little comment about

"19° Cancer: Sudden fame followed by disgrace and imprisonment."

thats the effects of the fixed star castor, wich castor is conjunct my ASC.

That's not the benefic, protecting, wise, "cowboy" Castor that I'm familiar with.