Pluto square Venus Synastry! Also Mars conjunct Pluto

Mysherrypies

My boyfriend is a Leo sun (August 11th) and I am a last degree Gemini or some other people would say Gemini-Cancer cusp (June 20th), in our synastry his Pluto in Virgo squares my Venus in Gemini. Additional information: His Pluto falls into my 8th house. His Pluto conjuncts my Mars in Virgo. His Saturn in Aquarius trines my Venus in Gemini. His Mars in Libra trines my Venus in Gemini. My Moon in Aries trines his Venus in Leo. My Pluto falls into his 1st house. His sun and Venus fall into my 7th house and my sun and Venus into his 8th house. His sun in Leo trines my moon in Aries. His moon in Taurus falls into my 4th house conjunct my IC. Our relationship is not violent however he did introduce me to bdsm with my consent of course he is a gentleman with me and loves me as I do him. And we love to spend time together. Are the other aspects the reason why he is not "violent" with me?

anjelik

"Violent" aspects could be Mars square Mars or Mars square Pluto. But, that is not necessarily the case. You need to look at the person's natal to determine whether they actually have a violent streak or potential to be violent. I have both of the above aspects with my husband and he is not violent with me either. He also has his natal has Mars square Pluto and I have my natal Mars/Pluto conjunct as well as Venus square Pluto.

You would really have to post a synastry chart for anyone else to chime in and give their opinion.

Bina

"Violent" aspects could be Mars square Mars or Mars square Pluto. But, that is not necessarily the case. You need to look at the person's natal to determine whether they actually have a violent streak or potential to be violent. I have both of the above aspects with my husband and he is not violent with me either. He also has his natal has Mars square Pluto and I have my natal Mars/Pluto conjunct as well as Venus square Pluto.

You would really have to post a synastry chart for anyone else to chime in and give their opinion.

Wait, you have Mars square Mars and Pluto square Mars with your husband? Or the original aspects the OP asked about? If it is the first, I'd be curious as to how this plays out in your relationship? I have mars square pluto with someone and also my Pluto/Uranus conjunction opposite their Mars and square their Uranus. I work for this person and there are definitely difficult aspects to our interactions. We have some other positive aspects to compensate for this- mutual Venus-Jupiter trines; but I can still feel the Mars- Pluto- Uranus dynamics at times and have to be careful of those energies.

Last edited:

Bina

My boyfriend is a Leo sun (August 11th) and I am a last degree Gemini or some other people would say Gemini-Cancer cusp (June 20th), in our synastry his Pluto in Virgo squares my Venus in Gemini. Additional information: His Pluto falls into my 8th house. His Pluto conjuncts my Mars in Virgo. His Saturn in Aquarius trines my Venus in Gemini. His Mars in Libra trines my Venus in Gemini. My Moon in Aries trines his Venus in Leo. My Pluto falls into his 1st house. His sun and Venus fall into my 7th house and my sun and Venus into his 8th house. His sun in Leo trines my moon in Aries. His moon in Taurus falls into my 4th house conjunct my IC. Our relationship is not violent however he did introduce me to bdsm with my consent of course he is a gentleman with me and loves me as I do him. And we love to spend time together. Are the other aspects the reason why he is not "violent" with me?

I don't think Pluto/Venus indicates violence in a relationship, nor does the Pluto/Mars conjunction. Both aspects indicate dominance themes, him (Pluto) being the dominant person in this, plus in your 8th house (sexuality). All the other aspects you mentioned are very harmonious and beneficial in a relationship.

anjelik

Wait, you have Mars square Mars and Pluto square Mars with your husband? Or the original aspects the OP asked about? If it is the first, I'd be curious as to how this plays out in your relationship? I have mars square pluto with someone and also my Pluto/Uranus conjunction opposite their Mars and square their Uranus. I work for this person and there are definitely difficult aspects to our interactions. We have some other positive aspects to compensate for this- mutual Venus-Jupiter trines; but I can still feel the Mars- Pluto- Uranus dynamics at times and have to be careful of those energies.

We have Mars square Mars in synastry (Cancer/Libra) and his Mars squares my Pluto in Libra... BUT, my Saturn also squares his Mars, so I think that may be why we haven't murdered each other. There have been some explosive moments, but nothing that has made me feel afraid for my safety. I have read in many places that Mars/Mars and Mars/Pluto can turn into violence, so I guess that is why the OP is asking. I haven't found it to be true. But again, I think it depends on the rest of the chart. My husband has a water heavy chart, so he's not really someone I would consider violent, although his temper does flare.. especially with Mars as his AC ruler. I think that's why you need to see the entire chart. If someone has the potential to be violent and you have those aspects with them, there may be a stronger chance that it would turn violent. I think you hit it dead on with your other post - it plays out more in dominance themes. With me and my husband I am not sure how to even describe the distribution of power since his Mars (Cancer) squares my Libra stellium (Mars/Saturn/Pluto) and then his Pluto in Libra is actually conjunct my Mars.

Last edited:

Bina

We have Mars square Mars in synastry (Cancer/Libra) and his Mars squares my Pluto in Libra... BUT, my Saturn also squares his Mars, so I think that may be why we haven't murdered each other. There have been some explosive moments, but nothing that has made me feel afraid for my safety. I have read in many places that Mars/Mars and Mars/Pluto can turn into violence, so I guess that is why the OP is asking. I haven't found it to be true. But again, I think it depends on the rest of the chart. My husband has a water heavy chart, so he's not really someone I would consider violent, although his temper does flare.. especially with Mars as his AC ruler. I think that's why you need to see the entire chart. If someone has the potential to be violent and you have those aspects with them, there may be a stronger chance that it would turn violent.

Yes,very true! i think it depends on the awareness of both partners too.