Taurus in the fifth house

ande

What does this mean? I've heard that taurus being in the fifth house could mean not getting over your first love but I'm not sure.

Taurus 22° 6' house 5

Blackempress

It's going to be inadequate to JUST focus on one aspect of the chart but since that is the question, here is something about it:
With Taurus on the cusp of the fifth house there is an emphasis on love and beauty, harmony and getting along. So you are romantically inclined, and physical affection is important to you. You have a very loving nature toward your offspring, but the fixed nature of Taurus suggests very strong and fixed views regarding their behavior and the proper upbringing. You have a tendency to adore your offspring, dote on them, and sometimes you may spoil them. Often, the offspring of this sign are artistic, talented, and have social graces. The Taurus influence also suggests personal artistic talents, and you may have a natural artistic ability leading to self-expression in some form of the arts. Self-expression in any form, romantic involvement, or children, serve to mitigate the pressures and possible hardships of your youth.

It's not really FIRST love, but it means that the native would like 'stability' & sincerity in love/romance so that could be a reason for holding on to those memories but likely when another chance comes along the needs might be fulfilled. Most likely the person would value loyalty rather than a promiscuous attitude but need to look at the other placements/planets on the chart.

CapGoddess

I'm thinking it may point to a love of outdoor hobbies. Perhaps even gardening.

I'm not sure if you stated this already, do you have any planets in the fifth house?

Lin

With the 3rd decanate of Taurus on the 5th, you would need to read Venus aspects and ALSO Saturn aspects, as Saturn rules the 3rd decanate of Taurus;
are there planets in that house?
The sign on the house represents your expectation regarding that house, and with Taurus there you expect your "love" to provide....provide you with the things you want. Taurus is also a physical sign and sex is important. In fact, there is a lot of expectation both of love and from any children you may have.

Often there is a stubbornness about how you want the loved one to "be." This can be ascertained by all the aspects of Venus. If Venus is poorly placed or aspected, this house can be a trap and a place of selfishness....either the native is selfish OR the loved one is selfish. If the moon is debilitated, the native can keep finding selfish or otherwise innappropriate lovers.

That's an overview. Without the rest of the chart ...it's speculation. But.... traditional speculation.
LIN