Progressed Juno Sextile Prog. Ceres?

minnimyriad

Can someone tell what, if anything, this means?
Progressed Juno (9th house) sextile progressed Ceres (7th house).
This will be exact Sept. 2011.
At the same time progressed mercury (8th house) is sextile progressed venus (progressed 10th).

My 22 year old son is contemplating marriage to a young woman he has known since high school. Presently his progressed venus (10th house) is inconjunct saturn and also semi-square his sun. They have been living together.

He was recently diagnosed with a serious illness. His progressed mercury (8th house) is square progressed uranus and also square saturn (conjunct in 5th house). Progressed Pallas will be square progressed Pluto in March.
I assume most of these negative aspects are related to his illness.

I am worried that this woman is not compatible with him. She is disinterested in learning about his needs with this illness. She seems resentful that his illness has messed up her traveling plans.

In addition she does not want children and has no spiritual beliefs. My son does want children and is deeply spiritual. I have been told by others she is very controlling and lately I have seen this myself.

Their composite chart has a few good aspects but the overwhelming aspects are squares and oppositions (19 of them versus 3 good ones).

My son is going to school in the fall. Could those aspects mean anything other than marriage. I am pretty worried.

Thanks so much for your input.

Last edited:

starlink

Minny, the use of Ceres and Juno is pretty limited and usually only looked at by astrologers who have a special interest in "the four" asteroids.
We are concerned with planets which reflect personal circumstances, character traits and energies within us and how they play out according to the aspects. So when we look at illnesses etc. it is better to look at major transits (to natal /progressed chart) and not only at the asteroids. Also, a progressed chart can be looked at as a "personal growth) chart. When at birth the chart shows a square between Sun and Mars for instance, and by progression several years later, it shows a sextile, between these two, then this person has learned, through effort, how to deal with these aggressive energies. I dont look at a progressed chart by itself until the person has reached midlife.

Ceres, connected with transpersonal planets show the need to help the environment or humanitarian causes.

Juno has some value when it comes to relationships and marriage and can show the wife or wife-husband relationship. Major transits, but not by another asteroid! could be critical times for forming, altering or ending a committed relationship. Juno seems to be more committed than Venus I once read. So squares from Juno to the 7th house cusp or ruler could show trouble in the marriage. To Uranus, divorce.

Vesta in a chart can give an indication as to how you devote yourself to a cause. A prominent Vesta for instance can show a workoholic and could therefore challenge personal relationships.

Pallas is an indicator of effort or wisdom, intelligence and healing through effort.

Men with asteroids close to their Ascendant or their Sun, more often than not, show the influence of a women in this man's life, like his mother (Ceres), wife (Juno), sister (Vesta).

Women with asteroids close to their Asc. or MC or Sun, could show strong characteristics of these asteroids.

Now to come back to your concerns, yes, I would be concerned as well, but sometimes adults (he is over 18 after all) have to learn by falling and standing up again. He is VERY young to even consider marriage and such early marriage more often than not end in divorce. The more we interfere, the more they will show you the opposite of what you think (my experience). You could talk to him and show him, like you did to us, the major differences between them and suggest to him to at least wait a few years more (or until his illness has gotten better) until he marries. He has a whole lifetime to marry her after all. If she is his first love, then of course it will be difficult as that sort of attachements are based on teenage impressions (and no comparisons!! to other women) and cerainly not mature. He has NO idea what marriage is all about of course.
We sometimes just have to let them sail, and when they shipwreck, just be there for them.

Starlink

minnimyriad

I really appreciate your wisdom. I will read it several times but want to thank you first. It is a relief that this is probably not marriage, which his girlfriend is pushing for. Perhaps, just resolving the discord between Juno (wife) and Ceres (mother) - not externally but internally.

Your description of Pallas gave me insight into what I am feeling. It is square Pluto. He was diagnosed with diabetes. Where he is going to school in the fall, they have some of the best research doctors in the county and they have agreed to see him. He is probably type 1 which means he will become insulin dependent at some point. But there are drugs and even a simple vitamin that postphone the progression of the disease (autoimmune destruction of the cells in the pancreas producing insulin) and in some cases halt it. There is very little time to respond as that destruction is ongoing. He is stalling because his girlfriend is not on board with any of this. She does not even want to follow or acknowledge diet recommendations. This is especially strange since her aunt is completely disabled with neuropathy and heart disease caused from diet.

So Pallas, as intelligent healing, is square Pluto. My son is not acting to get the information he needs to make a decision or even to know for certain (with proper tests) what type of diabetes he has. He is not being mature and taking care of himself. My son has a degree in biology!

This helps me see how I can intervene. I am glad someone else feels I should tell him the problems of his relationship and encourage him to take a wait and see approach in his relationship BUT not his illness.

There are MANY bad transits occurring now and over the months ahead. I know it is the worst time he has ever had. I will look more closely at those as the external triggers of the internal stress.

I can't thank you enough.