Help! Physical restrictions

mickey

I have had a severe problem with my spine since the end of November 2007 and have been recommended for surgery, although as they keep telling me, this surgery is a last resort. This means that I have felt completely restricted, particularly over the past couple of months as it deteriorated. I am quite worried about where this all may be going (with or without surgery) as I have pluto square mars just about to hit directly (natal pluto in virgo in first house and natal mars in aries in eight house). At the same time, I will also have a mars opposite uranus transit (natal uranus in Virgo in 12th house). I am Aries so have tried to do what I can along the non-invasive techniques, however, I am still having a lot of problems and feel that I will probably need surgery for long term relief. My question is whether my current circumstances are typical of a pluto mars challenging transit, particularly in the eight house. I am also very concerned of what may happen if I go for major surgery under such transits. On a positive note, pluto is also sextiling mercury and saturn and neptune is sextiling jupiter, with saturn sextile to neptune, these positive transits are giving me hope, but I am concerned. Can anyone shed any light on these challenging transits?
Thanks

mickey

I have added my chart which may be more helpful in interpreting what is going on at the moment. chart.gif

Frisiangal

Hi Mickey,
The spinal column is associated with the Leo-Aquarius axis and/or influences from the ruling planets and/or planets in house realms associated with physical disorders.
The chart shown has Uranus on the Ascendant, ruler of the 6th house with Aquarius on its cusp. By coincidence, from September-November 2007, transiting Saturn was quincunx (tension) natal Sun, opposite itself and later conjoined Uranus-Asc. The restricting nature of Saturn in becoming aware of one's limits and knowing when enough is enough....in all areas;) ..... could definitely account for the restriction of movement you have been experiencing as a result!

The chart shown has a rounded birth time, but if it was a little later the 12th house cusp would fall on 12 Leo, the degree specifically associated with the spinal column, according to Ebertin's Anatomical correspondences. Aquarius on the opposing cusp could be suggestive of difficulties arising from the lower leg area, which might have gone unseen with transiting Neptune going through Aquarius and the 6th house. Such could effect walking wonkily instead of properly which, in turn, could place a strain on the spinal column. As Saturn is also associated with the bones,leg, and general structure of the body, can you recall if you took a fall during 2007 that might have been the onset of the physical problem?

Although Mars and the 8th house are associated with surgery, Mars is actually ruler of the 9th house, that has been seen to have strong associations with health rather than disorders. Aries and Mars refer to assertivity, heat and sport. Capricorn has associations with chiro-practitioners and Pluto with therapy of sorts. Is it possible that you can try a form of physiotherapy and/or (muscle) massage to see if that can relieve tension and pain before you agree to undergo operative surgery?

There is no need to tell you, is there, that, astrologically speaking, physical complaints are seen as a correlation with events with which one has had emotional difficulty coming to terms and accepting? Did you undergo a shock( Uranus) to your system(Virgo) during 2007, which might have suggested 'showing some backbone' ? Did natal Saturn in Pisces crumble under the strain of a change?
Maybe dealing with one will provide the help necessary to deal with the other?:)

Frisiangal

mickey

Frisiangal

Thankyou so much for your insight. It is right that around five years I sprained my ankle which resulted in me walking incorrectly for a time. Similarly, in 2007 I was exhausted through work and my very dear cat was given 24 hours to live because of heart disease (she is still alive). Looking at your response makes perfect sense really. I was doing too much and needed a break, the near death of something that I love was probably the final straw and my back injury meant that I finally had to rest, in essence, I was forced to rest.

Unfortuntately, in true Aries sun/Capricorn moon and Aries mars style, I returned to work too soon and worked all year until my back completely went to the point where it is now. I am finally signed off for a period of time now.

I did go to see a chiropractor initially, but that didn't help, so I am now giving physiotherapy a try before I take such drastic action as spinal surgery. My instinct is telling me not to have surgery despite the recommendations from my surgeon and affiliated medical staff.

This was very insightful and thankyou very much, all I was focussing on was the pluto/mars/eight out outcome which instilled fear.

mickey

Apologies, I have been looking at the wrong houses in my chart (still got the astrology L plates in terms of houses and transits and progressions) in relation to the Pluto square mars transit. It looks from the attached transit chart from Astro that the houses involved are the 4th and 7th house. Is this correct? If so, this cures my abject fear of my current health situation and places the emphasis on relationships instead.

Thankyou

Frisiangal

Hi again, Mickey,
The Pluto transit to natal Mars occurs in the 4th house to the 8th house.
Pluto rules your 4th house and Mars rules the 9th.
Did you also notice that tr. Pluto is trine your natal Mercury at the same time? Common sense can alleviate a lot of inner fear.;)

It may/may not have anything to do with your spine/back problem... the stress of a heavy burden weighing you down?....but are you concerned about financial aspects? Do you fear for your job? Are you a home owner with thoughts of sale? Something so many are undergoing during this economic crisis.

I had a quick look at chart progressions and there is quite a lot of activation now. The progressed Sun is now conjunct M.C., with Progressed Moon moving through the 1st house to meet Pluto. This could be suggestive of a complete change in your personal and home situation, yet bringing a positive release of some kind from the 'musts' and 'have to's.' . A very positive aspect is that progressed Mars and Jupiter are now conjunct in the 9th house activating the natal Moon-Pluto trine. This could relate to your health/benefits/insurance etc., yet also to actions of a legislative nature, especially with the combined transit from Pluto to natal Mercury. Documents, papers, negotiations that may seem 'forced upon you', yet actually work in your favour.

As a matter of interest, do you still live in the area of your birth? I also looked at the solar return for this year, which will obviously not be relevant if that natal Mercury-Jupiter in 9th, plus the Arian pioneering spirit, took you far from home.:)

Glad to hear your kitty pulled through to give you a few more years of friendship. Only last week I had to make the dreadful decision to have our 15 year old released from his pain. Miss him terribly.

One last thing astrologically speaking. I also have Aquarius on cusp 6. Going through my ankle(Uranus) has been a bane in life.:) You have Saturn in Pisces, not its strongest position. Do you suffer from a calcium(Saturn-ruled) deficiency, whereby the strength of the bones would be weakened and could cause one to fall more easily and/or change position to avoid discomfort?
Maybe a change of diet (Uranus in Virgo?) could also be advantageous to your health?

Frisiangal

mickey

Hi Frisiangal

Firstly I am sorry that you had to let go of your fifteen year old. It is difficult because we grow so attached to them. I have one left out of three and I have never forgotten my other two.

Your insights are incredible, firstly although I don't have a calcium deficiency (that I know of) I do have a B12 deficiency that I have to have injections for. Secondly, because of my spinal condition, there are issues at work and I am not sure what is going to happen when I am signed back to work by the doctor. I am in a dilemma about what is going to happen and fear is also in there due to finances. I have re-trained in a more appropriate career for myself, however, there are few opportunities available at present.

I currently live about 200 miles from where I was born. I think the uncertainty over the spinal situation has been holding me back from making decisions and as a consequence I have been feeling powerless with little control which as an Aries with Capricorn Moon hasn't come easy to me.

I did look at pluto transiting the fourth house and this makes sense as my mother died a couple of years ago and at the time, I looked at my chart and couldn't find anything in the transits that seemed to signify such a big thing in my life. This was before I became aware of progressions etc, thankfully, it is at the end of the house, so hopefully will be off soon.

Thankyou so much for this insight, it means a lot as I have been getting utterly confused with the progressions when I have been trying to look at them.

Frisiangal

Hi again Mickey,
I've spent a while googling the significance of B12 and its deficiency. Once I get started, I go off on clicking tangents and end up reading about the influence of fertilizers (Postassium - ruled by Virgo!) .:D I also read up in my astro. health book on the significance of various salts in the body.

Are you by chance a Vegan? I read that B12 is mostly found in red meat which in itself is very 'Aries' associated. A deficiency could be suggestive of a lack of 'rawness', 'redness' = anaemic (blood) conditions? Reddish faces (blushing, embarassment, withheld anger) can show the emotions that actually cover taking action, for instance.
Your Moon in Capricorn squares Sun-Mars in Aries, implying a conflict in between action and caution. Saturn is ruler of Capricorn and is in Pisces. The salt associated with Pisces (from my book) is Ferrum Phosphate.

My Astro. health book states (translated) quote: " The salts of the Sun, Moon and Asc.sign are obviously used more, through which a lack would be shown in the body. The salt of Saturn's sign is not taken in easily by the body. Neptune's sign will dissolve the salt of its sign." (Scorpio rules calcium sulphide/sulphate?)
Guess what? Googling and via Wikipedia state that a lack of natural B12 is correlated to both Potassium and Ferrum phosphate.
Astrologically speaking, this speaks of an alienating connection between Aries-Pisces-Virgo. These signs are strongly connected to your health issues.

Could be that if you are a natural health user, you may be taking too much of one that compensates the working effect of another.I know there are some good herbalists that read this forum. I do hope someone can offer you a good dietary vitamin balance.

You might find that, with Aquarius on the 6th house and Uranus in Virgo, that natural and/or homeopathical remedies work well for your general well-being (Uranus trine Mercury conjunct Jupiter in 9th) . I realise that it is 'all a frame of mind', yet I have a similar house sign chart to your own and find the latter works very well for me, even though a classical medical practitioner (Saturn in Pisces and Neptune in Scorpio?) might think otherwise.

Who knows where new avenues lead in regards to your spine problem?:)

All the best to you.

Frisiangal

mickey

Hi Frisiangal

Thankyou for this. I am a vegetarian and have been for around 17 years now. In very recent times, I have completely changed my diet and started doing physiotherapy exercises. Prior to this, I did little exercise other than walking. The one good thing about the back issue is that it has forced me to rest and look after myself more.

I really identified with the conflict between action and caution completely. I have stayed in a job that I find quite souless just because of the salary. However, I have re-trained in a more worthwhile career (caring profession), but find myself tied to the salary of my current role (I think that is all around security issues). I think this dilemma has caused many of my health problems as I am not following through on either my intuition or needs, but staying more for material purposes.

I had very good health up until around five years ago (I hit 40). Since that time, I have had investigations for heart disease, constant infections, the B12 deficiency and finally, this spinal problem. I think astrologically speaking, perhaps the caution/action conflict is in part responsible for this and has resulted in my staying in what is quite an oppressive job, when my soul wants to be free. However, during this time I have also lost friends (too young) and my mother, owing to the pluto going through the 4th house. My concern now has been what this pluto square mars is going to bring.

I am very open to alternative therapies and may well try acupuncture as well soon. I am taking glucosamine Sulphate for my back problem at present.

Thankyou so much for taking the time to look at all this. As i mentioned my perception of the pluto mars was one of great concern.

mickey

I just wanted to add, that my health issues started at the time I started this job. I have just investigated my transits for that time and found that I had quite a lot going on: saturn square sun (2 degrees), Pluto trine sun (2 degrees), uranus sextile jupiter, saturns sextile pluto, jupiter conjunct uranus, mars conjunct saturn and uranus conjunct saturn. So quite a lot around the uranus (freedom) although it is in my twelth house natally and saturn (responsibilities) 6th house of work.

I think that I have felt my personality squashed and never had any time for myself or others (which may be the saturn square sun). The job was a promotion (possibly pluto trine sun or saturn sextile pluto).

I should have left a long time ago, but my circumstances meant that I needed the money as my partner earns very little (responsibility of saturn square sun again).

Looking at when I started the course (in caring professon 2006) I had Neptune sextile sun (2 degrees) and neptune square neptune (escapsim), however, I have done this as well as my job which hasn't helped the health circumstances and I have had the uranus square pluto at this time as well.

I believe in health psychology totally and I am using my own therapeutic skills in order to provide myself with pain management techniques which are affective. However, I suspect that unless I follow my heart, it is unlikely that I am going to be completely healthy because my soul is oppressed.

Sometimes it is very difficult to let go and this is indicative of the aries sun and capricorn moon I think.