Our relationship

oinas

Hi!

I am relatively unskilled with astrology still so I am gonna ask a few things related to my own chart, and about the synastry of me and my boyfriend.

Notes: I am the aries sun, and he is the cancer sun.

1. I have been wondering why it feels like our relationship really is not progressing at a phase that I would like it to progress. Does this mean that our relationship just evolves a little slower than other relationships? Or I am just ignoring the strong mental connection that we have and has progressed well during our 4 year relationship?

2. Why is it hard for me to understand him sometimes, especially his emotional needs?

3. A question related to my personal chart: how to live with that cardinal grand cross giving me a very restless nature, and feeling that there is no purpose in my life (especially careerwise).

Thank you :happy:

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3a.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3a.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 28
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_37.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_37.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 36
  • UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_38.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_38.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 26

oinas

Here! Strangely, when I made the synastry chart it changed my boyfriends asc from leo to cancer. Same happened when I did his chart again. So I have attached his chart again to this post.

I have always thought that he is a leo asc but maybe cancer asc would make a lot more sense in his case.

Attachments

• astro_61gw_j_j.58509.5585.jpg
    astro_61gw_j_j.58509.5585.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 21
  • astro_w2gw_j.58664.14253.png
    astro_w2gw_j.58664.14253.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 31

ellie04

When you said you couldn't understand his emotional needs the first thing I wanted to check was your Moons, and sure enough, they're in incompatible signs. You have Moon on his IC so that should offer lotsa emotional comfort but it still can't replace Moon-Moon compatibility. Also, Aries Sun is very different from Cancer Sun so you feel that you can't understand him at times.

He has a very earthy, practical Moon - Virgo in 2nd house. Virgo Moon isn't big on emotions, especially when it squares Saturn. Emotional coolness will be his facade... but it aspects Neptune/Pluto so I believe there's romanticism, empathy & intensity beneath, just that he may not express them due to cold Saturn. You don't seem to be activating his Moon much except an opposition to your Mercury which will help with communication but probably not enough to make up for incompatible Moons.

What do you mean by your r/s is not progressing?

oinas

I actually think that I am very much drawn to his practicality and earthy qualities provided by his virgo moon- I don't really have the similar qualities myself. Also, we both are are quite perfectionists who love to talk and communicate, this is probably our moons signs.

I feel like our relationship does not progress since we have been dating for 4 years and we still not live together. He is the one that is not yet ready to do such a commitment. He does express his love by words, but there is something that makes me doubt a little his feelings. Maybe the lack of real actions.

But like said before, the mental connection is there even though we do not always understand each others. Is it because we really are quite different he is so careful with me?

ellie04

Then how is it you said you're not able to understand his emotional needs? Your Moons are not in compatible signs. 4yrs and still not ready for a commitment there must be a reason... have you tried asking him?