What are you learning from COVID?

CapAquaPis

Looking at Wuhan and China today, and Europe recovering from this later first, the future of America this summer is when we adjust to our new normal. We learned about reduction of physical distancing in summer time can lead to a bigger second wave in the next winter. In the Spanish flu pandemic of Dec 1917-Jan 1920, cities nationwide (the US) repealed physical distancing rules which was invented in the time period, then in Nov 11, 1918 the end of WW1, massive crowds in military parades returning from war has led to a deadlier wave of Spanish flu to killed more Americans than WW1 itself. And the third wave was smaller, but scientists believe most people then adapted to the new flu as well mutations lessened the severity (some of our modern flus today descend from that global pandemic H1N1 strain). Whenever our authorities bring back physical distancing and other preventive measures to curb the greater risk of communicable diseases in certain seasons, we should comply for our health.

leomoon

Correction: Trump is pledged to donate to governmental departments of his choice. So, it doesn't decrease the cost of government.

Taxpayers in this country shouldn't worry about Trump's finances on this measly salary being donated, considering he managed to enrich himself and his family by billions with the so-called Tax Relief in March:

A gold-plated tax giveaway infected the coronavirus relief bill that Donald Trump signed into law on March 27, Congressional Democrats complained loudly last month.

The Democrats got it wrong. The plating turns out to be pure platinum.
https://www.dcreport.org/2020/04/16...JZkS1qqL3NMJ8R4N_14HCsHBHxCeOwMkjZdQVBEefEvpw

leomoon

Today's News - Robert Reich wrote about it, the prior link above wrote about it, and Forbes came out with the news too. Americans were "snookered" by the pretense of giving only to those needy out of work and suffering "average" folks under the guise of Covid 19 Relief Fund:

How Some Rich Americans Are Getting Stimulus ‘Checks’ Averaging $1.7 Million

43,000 of the wealthiest are slated to get the 1.7 Million Stimulus in addition to other giveaways they snuck through!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shahar...L2ewId3DAwuJ8leB9yfp1q1Or4xbPWeQ#5122cb665b4d

Last edited:

Dirius

Senate's Republican controlled. Trump needs to tell his Senate-slaves not to take their salaries.

To my understanding, in the U.S. it is congress and not the senate who sets how much everyone earns. They are the ones who decide the salaries.

Its funny how you defend the people who steal from you, and blame the one guy who is not taking your tax money.

david starling

To my understanding, in the U.S. it is congress and not the senate who sets how much everyone earns. They are the ones who decide the salaries.

Its funny how you defend the people who steal from you, and blame the one guy who is not taking your tax money.

Any Senator can refuse to take his or her salary. It doesn't require a vote in Congress. Trump led by example. Strange that he hasn't encouraged the Republican legislators to follow it. They'll do anything he tells them.

I underlined them, my answers. You either read them or you don't. :smile:

Okay astrologers has anybody thought about how Saturn entering Aquarius has made for the social distancing Aquarius being the networking group and group of friends and Saturn being the planet of restriction and the limit and thou shalt not.
Astrology don't quit, am I right!?

Dirius

Any Senator can refuse to take his or her salary. It doesn't require a vote in Congress. Trump led by example. Strange that he hasn't encouraged the Republican legislators to follow it. They'll do anything he tells them.

So do congressmen. Why haven't they? I agree republicans are just as dirty, and won't do it, even though Trump sets an example.

But why haven't democrats? And why do they get paid even if they don't go to work? Can you answer the question pleasse? 3rd time now.

You are admiting Trump set a good example by refusing his salary, while every other politician did not. Seems to me you aprove of that action, and condem the others for not following him.

david starling

So do congressmen. Why haven't they? I agree republicans are just as dirty, and won't do it, even though Trump sets an example.

But why haven't democrats? And why do they get paid even if they don't go to work? Can you answer the question pleasse? 3rd time now.

You are admiting Trump set a good example by refusing his salary, while every other politician did not. Seems to me you aprove of that action, and condem the others for not following him.

Herbert Hoover and JFK both gave their Presidential salaries to charities. JFK also refused to accept his Congressional, and then his Senatorial salaries. Trump of course, being Trump, boasted incorrectly that he was the first-ever President to donate his salary.

I'm neither a Democrat or a Republican, so I'm disappointed with all of them for enriching themselves at the public's expense. AND, more importantly, for not preventing Trump from pursuing his health-endangering environmental policies.

!4C

Okay astrologers has anybody thought about how Saturn entering Aquarius has made for the social distancing Aquarius being the networking group and group of friends and Saturn being the planet of restriction and the limit and thou shalt not.
Yes I have, but I don't remember any such theme the last time saturn was in aquarius (1991-1993). Then again, I'm not even sure I really understand the aquarius side of saturn. It seems like there are contradictions.

leomoon

Don't you realize he pays himself handsomely? Its just "off the books"....
Besides the huge Tax Cut he gave to himself and his rich friends 2 years ago there is now this, worth millions each:

https://www.dcreport.org/2020/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sh

Who needs a puny $250 grand when you can steal millions and millions from taxpayers and leave them holding the bag, (as well as their grandchildren as the National Debt adds up) One is taxable the others aren't!

Besides these multi-millions, (perhaps adding up to a billion when adding in the 1st Tax Cuts he will get incl. the heir write offs for Trusts) don't forget the $150 Million in golf carts, etc to his resorts, (he'll manage to write that off too)

djt knows salaries are taxed, but write offs are far easier and you get to keep more. Remember, he's a Billionaire on paper, and cheap too!

:bandit::ninja::whistling:

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Astrology don't quit, am I right!?

While Aquarius, is of the social Air quality group, they are really not as social as Libra and Gemini. Many of them are lone wolves. They are more interested in doing what interests them than being with others. The Libra Venus enjoys social interaction, so does the Gemini Mercury. But Aquarius, co ruled by Saturn and ruled by Uranus, is more restricted and strange. Not as socially accepted as the other two either. They can be too strange to others. Hence, their choice of becoming lone wolves.

Good call though, but Pluto is stronger in this dance though, with Jupiter.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
Don't you realize he pays himself handsomely? Its just "off the books"....
Besides the huge Tax Cut he gave to himself and his rich friends 2 years ago there is now this, worth millions each:

https://www.dcreport.org/2020/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sh

Who needs a puny $250 grand when you can steal millions and millions from taxpayers and leave them holding the bag, (as well as their grandchildren as the National Debt adds up) One is taxable the others aren't!

Besides these multi-millions, (perhaps adding up to a billion when adding in the 1st Tax Cuts he will get incl. the heir write offs for Trusts) don't forget the $150 Million in golf carts, etc to his resorts, (he'll manage to write that off too)

djt knows salaries are taxed, but write offs are far easier and you get to keep more. Remember, he's a Billionaire on paper, and cheap too!

:bandit::ninja::whistling:

I agree LeoMoon, the money they already have, their "pay" is insignificant. Hardly worth mentioning. Their pockets are lined from other, deeper places. Those that are using the lines of how they are giving up their salaries, are just doing lip service. Will you vote for me now?, I gave up hundreds of thousands for you, see!:unsure::biggrin::biggrin:

david starling

While Aquarius, is of the social Air quality group, they are really not as social as Libra and Gemini. Many of them are lone wolves. They are more interested in doing what interests them than being with others. The Libra Venus enjoys social interaction, so does the Gemini Mercury. But Aquarius, co ruled by Saturn and ruled by Uranus, is more restricted and strange. Not as socially accepted as the other two either. They can be too strange to others. Hence, their choice of becoming lone wolves.

Good call though, but Pluto is stronger in this dance though, with Jupiter.

Pretty much agree, except I don't consider Saturn as a co ruler of Aquarius.

CapAquaPis

Yes I have, but I don't remember any such theme the last time saturn was in aquarius (1991-1993). Then again, I'm not even sure I really understand the aquarius side of saturn. It seems like there are contradictions.

The World wide web as we know it began in the early 1990s period, but the current astrological alignment is making the world stay inside for a while and get used to chatting with our family, friends and colleagues a lot more online.

david starling

Yeah, I understand, I prefer Uranus too. But, Saturn made a mark, scarred it with the absence of Uranus, and the traditionalists will never even acknowledge Uranus. :sideways:

Modern-day, Western, Traditionalistic astrologers are reconstructing astrology as it once was. It's a "labor of love". There's a sense of spirituality that goes along with it, that they need, and can't get from Modernistic astrology.

Last edited:

Dirius

Herbert Hoover and JFK both gave their Presidential salaries to charities. JFK also refused to accept his Congressional, and then his Senatorial salaries. Trump of course, being Trump, boasted incorrectly that he was the first-ever President to donate his salary.

I'm neither a Democrat or a Republican, so I'm disappointed with all of them for enriching themselves at the public's expense. AND, more importantly, for not preventing Trump from pursuing his health-endangering environmental policies.

Yes JFK was also anti-abortion, pro second amendment, and supported cutting taxes.

Hmmm... what is the word for a an american politician who is usually in favour of those things now days?