Synchronicity

Blaze

Account Closed
Dragons are all about energy. I consider the NN, which is at the intersection of the Moon's orbit with the Earth's orbit, to be a Sense of Purpose placement in :cancer:. The ancient name for the NN is "Dragon's Head".

Dave, how do you view the NN. Is it benevolent? Malefic? Neither? I'm aware that some see it as both, which is pretty much how I view it as well, but I can always use another point of view.

Anyone else can offer input on the NN as well.

Blaze

Account Closed
Lmao maybe!! Ha! Made me laugh out loud literally. I thought it was going to be educational on rising signs Lol

Laughter is the best medicine, so laugh it up. :lol:

I think I have a four hour video on rising signs somewhere..... :bandit:

david starling

Dave, how do you view the NN. Is it benevolent? Malefic? Neither? I'm aware that some see it as both, which is pretty much how I view it as well, but I can always use another point of view.

I see it as an emotional energy-flow, from South to North, which is how we each personally affect this Magnetic Field Matrix into which we're born. Emotional "feed-back", which alters the collective unconscious.

conspiracy theorist

It happens so much in my life that it's become banal.

One that I found particularly striking was the time I was reading Crowley's "Magic Without Tears" and he'd finished every chapter by signing it "666". One of my co-workers alerted me to business opportunities that could earn us extra income. He wanted me to meet his mentor so we could discuss terms. Upon meeting this mentor I come to find that me and him went to the same college and were even in some of the same groups. It went positively. Upon leaving the facility I decided that I wanted to check the time. Instead of being greeted with the phone clock, I was greeted with the calculator and the number "666" staring right in my face. All I could do was smile.

ETA: A key piece that I left out is that above 666 is the words "fraternally yours" in Crowley's signature in the book.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

That's...possible, though, my Saturn return is on its way, so I'm unsure how much luck I'll have with that, lol.

Side note: My North node is also ruled by Saturn, being in Aquarius. David reminded me that the North is called the "Dragons head" so perhaps the two events, Saturn return and dragons are related.

Or maybe I've just gone mad. I'd be fine with that, too :lol:

I wonder if you've got a nodal transit coming up then ? Node transits are supposed to be quite significant, which i learnt from Rahu's node thread :tongue:
Or a nodal progression.

david starling

That's...possible, though, my Saturn return is on its way, so I'm unsure how much luck I'll have with that, lol.

Side note: My North node is also ruled by Saturn, being in Aquarius. David reminded me that the North is called the "Dragons head" so perhaps the two events, Saturn return and dragons are related.

Or maybe I've just gone mad. I'd be fine with that, too :lol:

When's your SR?

JUPITERASC

Dave, how do you view the NN.

Is it benevolent? Malefic?

Neither?

I'm aware that some see it as both, which is pretty much how I view it
as well, but I can always use another point of view.
dr. farr has more than fifty years of astrological experience
but has not posted for some time
however his comments are well worth finding and reading
in particular
relative to this thread
the following useful information on THE NODES

Many (including me) consider the nodes of great astrological importance and influence
(in jyotish-Vedic-astrology they have always been accorded status equivalent to that of the planets;
they have always played a role in Chinese astrology as well )
Those of us who adhere to this great respect for the nodes,
consider their progressions and profections and transits,
to often be of significant influence...
dr. farr discusses his methodology for predictive work using the Nodes :smile:
For predictive work I use profection first and foremost;
then SR, then simple symbolic progressions and transits
(I use profection-conditioned transits but that's another story)

So my experiences with the nodes
(and I must admit, mostly with the South Node)
is nearly completely limited to these techniques
rather than specifically to nodal returns.

I could provide many examples of the action of nodes in the predictive models I use
(mentioned above), but can, off hand, think of only 2 specifically involving nodal returns:
my own, and that of my late wife.
But each (experienced) practitioner must decide by a review of their own cases,
if "proof" on any nodal return influence exists or not:

limited examples given in a forum thread really don't "prove" anything,

because the charge of "coincidence" can always be levelled against such limited examples:
only a statistically significant, randomly chosen sample
(of at least 200 randomly chosen charts),
tested for evidence of nodal return influences, could tend
(and only tend)
to answer the "give me proof" demand.
That's why I say,
if one wishes to test this nodal return matter
(or indeed any astrological matter),
for one's own edification, then
the practitioner should go over their collection of charts
and see whether or not

substantial evidence of nodal return influences can be discerned.

One must also realize that there is rarely only one celestial influence triggering any event:
I follow Charles Carter
(and others)
in believing that it almost always requires a confluence
of similar celestial operative influences acting together
-at least a couple of them
-in order to "cause" something
-one influence alone will rarely trigger on its own.

I believe that nodal returns can be one of those influences...

Hkk

Account Closed
I had my nodal return last year. It wasn’t the same as the first nodal return. I went thru tough times last year and if it had anything to do with my nodal return god knows what the lesson was because it was nasty

Chrysalis

Relating your dragons to the nodes, has made me think about the 5 pences i kept coming across. I wonder if my message was 5th house related.

I wish i still kept diaries, i can't remember what was going on in my life at that point :sad:

Hkk

Account Closed
Relating your dragons to the nodes, has made me think about the 5 pences i kept coming across. I wonder if my message was 5th house related.

I wish i still kept diaries, i can't remember what was going on in my life at that point :sad:
Do you remember how many five princes you collected in the end?

JUPITERASC

I had my nodal return last year.
It wasn’t the same as the first nodal return.
I went thru tough times last year
and if it had anything to do with my nodal return god knows what the lesson was
because it was nasty
The cycle is about 18.6 years
so at 18. years of age
and
around age 37
you'll have a nodal return
and
about 9 years between those ages you'll have a reverse nodal return :smile:
when the transiting SN conjuncts your natal NN and vice versa

Hkk

Account Closed
The cycle is about 18.6 years
so at 18. years of age
and
around age 37
you'll have a nodal return
and
about 9 years between those ages you'll have a reverse nodal return :smile:
when the transiting SN conjuncts your natal NN and vice versa
Sounds about right then. Had my first nodal 98/99 then last year had my second! Not nice at all

Blaze

Account Closed
Okay, decided to look at the current transits to what the nodes are doing - NN is conjunct my Jupiter by one degree. Jupiter isn't my most active planet, but its still exalt an apart of my t-square with Mars in Aries (focal point) and Saturn in Cap. Dragons head, conjunct Jupiter. Need to look into that...

Blaze

Account Closed
I wonder if you've got a nodal transit coming up then ? Node transits are supposed to be quite significant, which i learnt from Rahu's node thread :tongue:
Or a nodal progression.

North node -Rahu!!! Why!!!!!- is conjunct that Jupiter, like I said above (Duh, Blaze), but I dunno what else they could possibly be doing.

When's your SR?

When does transit Saturn hit 23 degrees? I think around new years, but I don't remember exactly.

Hkk

Account Closed
North node -Rahu!!! Why!!!!!- is conjunct that Jupiter, like I said above (Duh, Blaze), but I dunno what else they could possibly be doing.

When does transit Saturn hit 23 degrees? I think around new years, but I don't remember exactly.

Blaze Saturn return... you will be okay with it. Just take it as it is. Don’t fight it. Like I did 😬😬 however either way you come out stronger and realise things you didn’t even think or know before

Blaze

Account Closed
dr. farr has more than fifty years of astrological experience
but has not posted for some time
however his comments are well worth finding and reading
in particular
relative to this thread
the following useful information on THE NODES

dr. farr discusses his methodology for predictive work using the Nodes :smile:

Is Dr Farr still around? Thanks for another point of view, mon ami.

I had my nodal return last year. It wasn’t the same as the first nodal return. I went thru tough times last year and if it had anything to do with my nodal return god knows what the lesson was because it was nasty

Nasty? Sounds like a story. Also sounds like none of my business, but still, a story for sure. Glad you're past that.

Hkk

Account Closed
Is Dr Farr still around? Thanks for another point of view, mon ami.

Nasty? Sounds like a story. Also sounds like none of my business, but still, a story for sure. Glad you're past that.

Lol it was hard for me due to my stubbornness and couldn’t see what was happening to me was good for me and my soul! I left my old life behind me literally and came into a new life, surrounded by new ppl, different types of ppl from all kinds of background and a world I was never accustomed to. It created an imbalance in me which I fought against but it made me a stronger person. It stripped me down literally to the bone almost lol. You might even become a fitness fanatic if ur not already. But I think that depends on what your Saturn hits and it’s different for everyone. Mine happened round about 2010/2011 and came out of it 2012 a better person. Refreshed and happier and more AWARE. Embrace it is my only advice. As hard as it gets remember EMBRACE IT

Blaze

Account Closed
Blaze Saturn return... you will be okay with it. Just take it as it is. Don’t fight it. Like I did 😬😬 however either way you come out stronger and realise things you didn’t even think or know before

Fighting the universe isn't something I do. Be like water an all that. But thank you for the kind words, Hkk. :joyful:

What is interesting is Saturn hanging around my ninth house and...recent choices I've made.

On topic: Was at a cafe, on the phone with local Zen monastery (apart of my choices) and when we finished talking, setting dates and whatnot, a man walks in front of me to order - he was wearing a t-shirt with a blue dragon it. The eyes of the dragon were at level with mine. Instead of labeling this event synchronicity, I just laughed.

@CT, do you have any other moments like the one you shared? (That you can without giving too much away, of course).