Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 10-12-2019, 05:34 AM

Smile Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
sounds cliche
So does your question.

Last edited by david starling; 10-12-2019 at 05:37 AM.
Unread 10-12-2019, 05:45 AM

Re: Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
So does your question.
going back to my growlery >:l
Unread 10-12-2019, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
going back to my growlery >:l
Come on, it was a good answer to a good question. Do you disagree with it?

Last edited by david starling; 10-12-2019 at 06:13 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
SunConjunctUranus (10-12-2019)
Unread 10-12-2019, 07:37 AM

Moon ingressed tropical Aries about an hour ago.
Unread 10-12-2019, 03:09 PM

Mercury is going retrograde on the 31st!
Unread 10-12-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Mercury is going retrograde on the 31st!
No way! Cant believe it!

Y
Unread 10-12-2019, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnest View Post
No way! Cant believe it!

Y
Halloween costume with a Retro look!
Unread 10-12-2019, 11:29 PM

feeling world-weary.
Unread 10-13-2019, 03:33 AM

ďOur deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ĎWho am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?í Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people wonít feel insecure around you.Ē Ė Marianne Williamson, A Return To Love

https://thoughtcatalog.com/shahida-arabi/2017/09/11-revolutionary-truths-old-souls-learn-the-hard-way/
Unread 10-13-2019, 05:59 AM

Do you guys think chart rectification is really possible? If so, how does one go about rectifying a chart? I really want to know a family member's birth time so I can figure out more about him.
Unread 10-13-2019, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
feeling world-weary.
Doldrums .
Unread 10-13-2019, 07:17 AM

Aninodar .
Unread 10-13-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkat235 View Post
Do you guys think chart rectification is really possible? If so, how does one go about rectifying a chart? I really want to know a family member's birth time so I can figure out more about him.
Try using the Sabian symbols in the angles. A few weeks ago I changed my birth time by 10 minutes because a Sabian symbol literally jumped right out at me. I only used the ascendant degrees but itís a very visible degree so it should be easy to spot.
Unread 10-13-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Doldrums .
Yea, basically. Or as you were saying to MK about how it is Saturn which ties us down into reality and karma, itís probably just that.
Unread 10-13-2019, 11:04 AM

Poohbear tukang becak!
Unread 10-13-2019, 11:57 AM

The Sun is personified as a goddess in the ancient Germanic pantheon, "Sunna", and the day of the week "Sunday" is derived from that. So much for the Sun being exclusively masculine!
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Ukpoohbear (10-13-2019)
Unread 10-13-2019, 01:32 PM

Reading about numerology. Lykan (if youíre around), I curious to know your life path number because just reading about mine 11/2 and it said this, which do reminded me of you, ďEnergy seems to flow through you without your controlling it. This gives you both power and sometimes emotional turmoil.Ē It made me want to remind you that the intense energy you are learning to control and which has been diagnosed as Manic, is actually a powerful gift which behaves like a double-edged sword but becomes easier to manage over time and with experience but unfortunately, will always be a double-edged sword but the positive edge is glorious!
Unread 10-13-2019, 01:45 PM

It says in the article that maturity develops later in us because we have extra responsibility and power to learn to manage and because of this we donít find our success in life until 35+ and before that we concentrate on inner-development which suits us anyway because material goals have never been our first priority or where we seek shelter from life. We are more interested in the metaphysical and spiritual lands rather than being grounded in reality.
https://www.worldnumerology.com/Nume...e-Path-11.html

This is so true for me because even though Iím intelligent and mature and could easily have achieved whatever I wanted, it obviously wasnít as important enough for me as digging away at my psyche.

Iíve seen people progress while my life hasnít progressed at all seemingly from the outside - yet, especially over the last 3 years, I have seen a maturity and perceptiveness grow, an awakening at certain moments, that some fully-fledged older people donít have and that I am sincerely glad I do have, even with the gnawing anxiety that Iíve missed out on life. I mean, itís a huge risk isnít it, to have sat back and thought and grew inwardly in the prime of my life when gaining physical and material advancement would be at its easiest to achieve. So without knowing definitely, the path Iíve chosen was at risk of completely missing out on living life and letting it just pass me by, of being an outcast and misfit by trade, especially when the majority of people would agree more with the quote that Ďlife is about creating yourself not finding yourself,íbut Iíve wanted to find myself first before creating anything. But then Iím reminded of the old Christin hymn Ďthe wise man built his house upon the rock,í (as opposed to the sand), so in that sense, have I not faithfully followed the scriptures and it is everyone else who got in such. a rush? I know Iíve done the right thing because I wasnít interested in material success anyway but rather tidying up the pain inside my heart and soul, but the anxiety and doubt it comes with never goes away either.

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 10-13-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Unread 10-13-2019, 03:39 PM

The recommendation of calming music is a good one.
This is a nice line from the 11 story: ďYou can be very impractical, envisioning a skyscraper when all that was necessary was a two-story house.Ē
Unread 10-13-2019, 04:21 PM

Good idea, after I return from visiting my friend tonight I will but on some binaural beat music and relax. I read that line this morning about 11ís too and it rings true for me. Iíve come to desire being practical because it helps ground me. Things like cooking, cleaning, organising. The organising was taking it a bit far tbh but being practical and Earthy helps ground means gives me a sense of calm in the storm.

About the two-storey thing, I need a reason to do something. Iíve got to be emotionally connected to it to want to learn, which is why Iíve read more about Marilyn Monroe in 6 months than I have in about 5 years Iíve been interested in astrology. Mind you, I have to read books to get closer to Marilyn so I can learn about the smaller details of her life, whereas astrology is more about spirituality to me and I can learn about that by just thinking. But yeah the two-storey thing, I canít force myself to study. I am studying a degree because I believe it is my purpose in life to become a spiritual teacher for children at school, since I became lost as hell at school and was only met with toxic home and authoritarian teachers for help. So I am building a skyscraper when really it would be easier to become a teacher because I have what it takes. But if I only cared about me having why it takes, I could have become a teacher 10 years ago.
Unread 10-13-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
The recommendation of calming music is a good one.
This is a nice line from the 11 story: ďYou can be very impractical, envisioning a skyscraper when all that was necessary was a two-story house.Ē
"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!" -{}.

[This saying has been around for over 20 years in my experience. But, a 2015 movie about Navy Seals co-opted it, and added the unnecessary, incongruous line, "Moderation is for cowards".]
Unread 10-13-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
"Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!" -{}.

[This saying has been around for over 20 years in my experience. But, a 2015 movie about Navy Seals co-opted it, and added the unnecessary, incongruous line, "Moderation is for cowards".]
What was the movie?
Unread 10-13-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
What was the movie?
"Lone Survivor"
Unread 10-13-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
All the more reason to look at 2-story dwellings then. Yesterday an architect I worked with, complimenting two other professionals we worked with, mentioned how frequently members of her profession canít connect with the people who are going to live in their buildings. Teaching must be like that a little bit. You want to be able to witness, respect, and guide the soul of the child you work with. Some spiritual self work is required for that, but not so much that you end up depersonalizing the children.
Are you an architect? I donít know if I have it in me to look at two-story dwellings. The closest I get to that is by doing housework because you canít really make doing the dishes into a skyscraper, unless it is grounding your soul (just did it again). But yeah, maybe by putting less pressure on myself and learning to relax a bit.

I donít think many people are emotionally connected to what theyíre doing. Itís too easy for us to become fixed in our positions and create biases unless we use empathy, which comes from experiencing pain, but even after experiencing pain we can judge if we are no longer there. I know I have a bad habit of giving advice instead of hair listening.

My friend who I used to very close to has paranoid skitzophrenia but is like a very polite, artistic type. Heís really good at listening and I noticed I tend to want to Ďfixí things, so I give advice which creates conflict sometimes. I will have a lot to learn, I will no doubt find it incredibly hard being a teacher and will face a lot of conflict, some because of my fixing tendencies and some because people wonít understand what Iím doing.
Unread 10-13-2019, 04:57 PM

Excellent movie is Lone Survivor!