Asc @ 0.59Capricorn but not having Capricorn characteristics ?

AppLeo

Technically speaking you are correct, AppLeo, but we are assuming here that the TOB is correct, and the Asc. is in Cap.

Now, your statement would apply more say if the native's Asc. were at 29* Scorpio because then the first house would almost completely have fallen in Sag.

What’s the difference if the Ascendant is barely 0 degrees from being at 29 degrees, and the Ascendant barely being 29 degrees when it’s 0 degrees?

And I’m assuming the TOB isn’t correct considering that her friend is super outgoing so Sag Rising would make more sense.

aquarius7000

What’s the difference if the Ascendant is barely 0 degrees from being at 29 degrees, and the Ascendant barely being 29 degrees when it’s 0 degrees?

And I’m assuming the TOB isn’t correct considering that her friend is super outgoing so Sag Rising would make more sense.
She could be super outgoing for all the reasons explained in one of my previous posts even with a Sag Asc.

It is fine if you want to not believe the TOB given and so assign a different Asc. There are people with Asc. close to the cusp. No point in continuing this discussion.

AppLeo

She could be super outgoing for all the reasons explained in one of my previous posts even with a Sag Asc.

It is fine if you want to not believe the TOB given and so assign a different Asc. There are people with Asc. close to the cusp. No point in continuing this discussion.

Yeah it is fine.

Rawiri

Ignoring the whole issue of her possibly being Sag rising (which is perfectly true)...

In addition to the above given I'll add another - She also has Sun with north node. That is going to seemingly magnify solar qualities in a person and so they will seem far more "shiny" than a person would typically expect a Capricorn native to be.

I say seemingly since normally "planets" with the north node will in reality have problems with them...so that seeming shininess is often a kind of over compensation.

Chrysalis

Ignoring the whole issue of her possibly being Sag rising (which is perfectly true)...

In addition to the above given I'll add another - She also has Sun with north node. That is going to seemingly magnify solar qualities in a person and so they will seem far more "shiny" than a person would typically expect a Capricorn native to be.

I say seemingly since normally "planets" with the north node will in reality have problems with them...so that seeming shininess is often a kind of over compensation.

This is interesting about the NN, so any just personal planets or both ? thats with NN will have issues regarding what that planets signifys.

So if im understanding this correctly, in this chart as its her Sun with the NN, then she is being overly outgoing in order to compensate for something else ?

JUPITERASC

In addition to the above given I'll add another
- She also has Sun with north node.
That is going to seemingly magnify solar qualities in a person and so they will seem far more "shiny" than a person would typically expect a Capricorn native to be.

I say seemingly since normally "planets" with the north node will in reality have problems with them
...so that seeming shininess is often a kind of over compensation.
emphemeris confirms that birth occurred three days after a full moon eclipse :smile:
hence Sun with north node

Rawiri

This is interesting about the NN, so any just personal planets or both ? thats with NN will have issues regarding what that planets signifys.

The whole shebang. Planets, sign, cusps in the house are being worked over by NN. It is common to have issues with significations of those planets from what I have seen, yes.

So if im understanding this correctly, in this chart as its her Sun with the NN, then she is being overly outgoing in order to compensate for something else ?

Likely, yes. It's never something conscious though. The nodes show very unconscious habits and issues, for good or ill.

It's a bit of an arguable point. Traditional western astrology tends to see north node as more leaning benefic whereas Jyotish sees it as an outright malefic.

I tend to side with Jyotish since I've seen it really pull the rug out from people when it activates majorly with timing methods (like vimshottari dasa). Including in my own life. So I have some difficulty seeing it as significantly benefic.

In any case it magnifies what it is with in an imbalanced way.

That also applies to synastry. North node connections of one to the planet of another will emphasize and magnify those qualities in the relationship. So it is nice to have NN/benefic connections (and not so nice to have NN/malefic connections).

sibylline

Anyone else notice that the first house is packed? I mean, packed. It's like, we're talking about a Capricorn Ascendant when that's not even the point. :happy:

I agree with others...any planet in the first house will directly affect how a person comes across so yes, this Cappy Rising is going to be modified accordingly. I wouldn't expect a "typical" Cap from this one, not at all.