Feeling very conflicted with my chart, advice requested

Hello,
Sometimes I feel like my sun, moon and rising sign don't fit me at all. My sun is in Aries, moon is in Sagittarius and my rising sign is Leo. The negative aspects quite fit me, as well as some positive, but I am very self concious and not really confident at all, though people say that I sometimes look confident (mostly when i'm angry or are defending my opinion) they also say I look closed off at many times.

Also, from one side I would love to be more outgoing and do fun things in life with other people, but on the other side I feel like I need to be alone and can't really keep many friends close to me at the same time. I don't trust many people and don't want to share things with people I don't really know. I am always being pulled apart by my need to be alone and my need to be in the company of many people.

I was wondering if maybe one of you would like to tell me if this is because of one of the other signs in my birth chart.

Also, I've asked this question once before, but: my venus is in Aquarius. Aquarius is known to be detached and a logical thinker when it comes to love and not romantic at all. Now i've never been in love, but i don't see this fit me at all. My mars is in Leo, but i was wondering if the fire of my sun, moon and rising sign could have something to do with it. Since all those signs are more feelers instead of thinkers.

I hope someone is able to help me, because sometimes I feel really conflicted with myself and I'd like to find out more about myself on these two points.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_renee_hp.50434.14934.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_renee_hp.50434.14934.gif
    47.7 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

kittybaby

Personally I think many of the seemingly contradictory aspects of you chart can be explained by the Houses they are in.

For example your moon is in the 4th House in Sagittarius it might explain itself through a love of documentaries on travel/politics etc... or just decorate influenced by other cultures, because the 4th House rules the home/and your roots, your parent could be an immigrant or away frequently on business travel.

With Mars in the 12th you will get your energy from turning inward and be quite solitary (which is not a bad thing) you tend to keep secrets well. It also makes sense you are your most confident when Angry (Mars in Leo in 12th), but I think you appear to the world more confident then you are.

Sun in Aries in the 8th main physical activity might be directed sexually rather then towards sport or you could work for the tax department or run a small business in th area of death or religion :), but with 8th cusp in Pisces you are still emotional in regards to sex and might not find your full sexual expression till later in life might find it hard to express yourself sexually when young Saturn and Mercury in 8th in Pisces (don't lie about taboo subjects although I doubt you would with a moon in Sagittarius but sometimes people with Pisces here might find it hard to see the truth, vivid fantasy life).

I hope this helps you someone else might go into more detail then me.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Personally I think many of the seemingly contradictory aspects of you chart can be explained by the Houses they are in.

You hit the nail on the head here. Often people who believe that the chart doesn't fit them are either using a generic analysis done by a computer program, or they are limiting themselves to a set of decriptors such as Rob Hand's Planets in Aspect.

Everybody's chart is different and everything interacts with everything else. This is the reason why its so very hard to get past astrology 101 and into real understanding. There are too many things connected to to many ofther things and they all modify the final result.

Saying that your sun is in aries means nothing except for cocktail conversations. If you Sun is very weak, Aries is very weak, and the house that Aries and the Aun are in are very weak, then what is strong will take over. But the house they are in, the aspects that relate to them, the midpoints that adjust them, the sun-moon blend that is there, the asteroids that modify them, even the kind of chart that you are using will impact it.

I'm spent much of the adult part of my 63 years exploring as wide a net of these relationships and am still finding more---like the harmonics of it all. I doubt that I will ever get much more than 25% of it all.

Zuri

Kittybaby is correct. While you have an Aries Sun, Leo Ascendant, and Sagittarius Moon, their expressions are dramatically toned down because of their uneasy placement (or their rulers' uneasy placement) in watery houses, which limits their full expression.

E.g., your Sun is in fiery Aries. However, your Sun is located in the 8th House, a watery and privacy-oriented house that is naturally ruled by watery Scorpio. In your chart, watery Pisces rules your 8th House. Thus, your Aries expression is dramatically toned down by these influences. In addition, your Mars (Aries' ruler) is located in the 12th House, another watery and privacy-oriented house that is naturally ruled by watery Pisces. In your chart, watery Cancer rules the 12th House so it takes on these characteristics. Even more, the 12th House rules privacy and self-retreat. So these are uneasy placements linked to your Aries Sun.

Your fiery Leo Ascendant is dramatically toned down by the Sun (Leo's ruler) being located in that watery and privacy-oriented 8th House.

Your Sagittarius Moon is dramatically toned down by its location in the watery 4th House, that is naturally ruled by watery Cancer. In your chart, watery Scorpio rules your 4th House.

Last edited:
Thanks! This is really useful. Maybe a stupid question but, if the fire signs are toned down by water houses, does this mean that I have more water-tendencies and less fire-tendencies or does that just mean that I have less fire-tendencies but no water-tendencies? I'm not sure if you get what I mean, I apologize beforehand for if you don't get it.

IleneK

Premium Member
Thanks! This is really useful. Maybe a stupid question but, if the fire signs are toned down by water houses, does this mean that I have more water-tendencies and less fire-tendencies or does that just mean that I have less fire-tendencies but no water-tendencies? I'm not sure if you get what I mean, I apologize beforehand for if you don't get it.

Rather than focusing on water versus fire qualities at this point, I would suggest your pursuing understanding of the arenas of life which the 4th, 8th and 12th houses govern. That will help you understand your need for privacy and solitude. With your energetic Sun, Moon and Mars in those houses, as well as your North Node on the powerful cusp of the 4th, it will become clearer why you have have such preferences, and how they can be cultivated to bring you greater appreciation of them.

No need to be in conflict with your chart. That would be like being in conflict with your hand.
icon7.gif
Rather, use it; appreciate it.

Good cheer to you!

Last edited:

Babchi

Oh my!! I am new to this board & this is the first thread I read....I am also an Aries sun(9th), Sag moon(5th), & Leo rising!!...and I feel the same way...I'm definitely not firey at all. I despise debates, am fearful of guns, not an adventure seeker, etc...not the typical fire/Aries. I'm very cautious, reserved, calm, secretive. Pluto is in my first house, maybe that answers some of those qualities...I also have Jupiter in Pisces (8th) which I think helps me be very compassionate.....
It's amazing that I read this particular thread first because your questions and concerns parallel mine...I have always wondered why I'm not the 'Aries' that I always read about. :smile:
Babchi

miquar

Hi Ace. I agree that the house placements are worth looking into. I also think that Sun trine Pluto, and Saturn square Moon Jupiter are very relevant.

Its a very fiery chart indeed, with Sun and Mars in mutual reception, and Moon not just in Sagittarius but also exactly conjunct Jupiter in Sagittarius. You are essentially a very fiery person and your prime objective should probably be to get in touch with that fiery energy and express it. It seems that you can do this at times - i.e. when you get angry or when you are standing your ground over an opinion (shades of Aquarius also).

The water houses symbolise, amongst other things, parts of the psyche though which we feel fused with others. I would encourage you to reflect upon your early life and on the ways in which your family experienced and expressed the fire element. This could give you some clues about what is holding you back now. Having said that, the Sun, Moon and Mars are all close to the cusps of the next (fiery) houses.

Although the Sun Pluto aspect is a trine, it is very close and is bound to be significant in your life in some way. The fact that it is a trine rather than a hard aspect could simply mean that you tend not to question the way in which the combined effects of the planets manifests in your life. Pluto is the planet associated with the 8th house, and adds to the likelihood that emotional undercurrents in your early life have stayed with you and need to be explored in order to free up the energy of the Sun.

Chiron makes a close sesquiquadrate to your Sun/Moon midpoint, so Chiron is stronger in this chart than it initially looks. Chiron can feel like a loner, and it would be worth you looking into this archetype further to get a handle on your ambicalence about being around people. Venus in Aquarius being quincunx Chiron could also be relevant.

Saturn is in both a water sign and a water house. This could indicate a fear of allowing yourself to feel emotionally engaged with others, which again probably relates to things going on in the early family environment. This placement suggests that the exploration of emotional dynamics shown by the water house placements is something that you yearn for deep down. Saturn in water could say much about your ambivalence around mixing with others.

The square from Saturn to Moon-Jupiter could mean that you absorbed fears from your family (Saturn in the 8th) which made you afraid to trust in the expansive instincts of Moon conjunct Jupiter in Sagittarius.

The chart points to a likelihood of fiery energy being present, but in a distorted/hidden way, and so somehow your innate fieriness has been dampened down. North Node on the Scorpio IC suggests backs up the probability that you will have to explore the hidden side of yourself and your relationships with others - possibly both past and present - in order to free up that fiery energy.

I'm feeling a lack of lucidity around this chart. This could be synchronistic with something that is relevant to you. Perhaps even on a literal level - i.e. the use of alcohol (or some other form of avoiding a direct confrontation with life) by one or members of your family. This is highly speculative of course.