intense and complicated?

Psychotik

Hey guys. I dont get myself, others dont get me. I know I am a very intense person and some people find that hard to bare. I have a hard time retaining friends. I have incredible drive but something is holding me back. I have been even told I am malicious at times, but most of what I do is self defense. I am extremely sensitive. Why am I so complicated? What should I do with myself? I feel this is something to do with my third house stellium? Help please?

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/chart.php?y=1984&m=1&d=7&h=23&min=32&lat=0&long=0&zone=16

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_w2gw_07_sai_hp.40267.18991.gif&res=63&va=&cid=624filebvepBQ-u1106261092

Lissa

Hi Psychotik,

To start,you have a Capricorn Sun,one of the most deffensive signs of the zodiac,sitting in the4th,the lowest house of the chart,the house where sit all the planets that want to hide and take care of their matters in private,without getting too much atention from the world.Adding more to this,your Cappy Sun is in sextile to it's ruler,Saturn,placed in secretive Scorpio.This all explains your self-deffense matters;even though your Venus-ruled Ascendant may make you someone who others would like to approach,you don't let others get inside your shell that easily;people must prove they deserve your trust before you can open yourself to them.Being malicious is your way of protecting yourself,as Capricorn is known to have a sharp,'cutting' sense of humour,one that may work either to entertain others or to antagonize them.Also,note that your11th house of friends is ruled by this same Capricorn Sun.

You have a beautiful Pisces Moon,sitting in the5th,the house of creativity and pleasure.This endeavours you with much creativity and imagination,all this enhanced by the square to the Venus/Uranus conjunction,yet this also makes you extremely sensitive.The square between the Moon and Venus brings up serious matters of selfworth;not only do you question 'are others good enough for me?',but also'am I good enough for others?'.Do you often ask yourself wether or not you can be a valuable addition to someone else's life?Squares between the Moon and Venus have to do with feelings of innadequacy and often low self-esteem as well;you may not feel deserving of love,affection and atention.This makes you put on a guard,a wall between yourself and others,not letting others in because a)you don't know wether they are trustworthy or not,prefering not to give yourself before you can be sure you won't be hurt(Sun in Capricorn sextile Saturn);b)you constantly question if you are or not worth someone else's friendship,someone else's love,someone else's devotion(issues with the Moon/Venus square).So you prefer to antagonize others instead of taking a chance.

Plus,another problem that may arise form your personal relationships is that of communication;you may find that,when put in a new social environment,you say the wrong thing at the wrong time,something which is cause by the Mercury/Ascendant square(ahaha,I have this one too:D ).

You have a beautiful Libra Ascedant,receiving a sextile from it's own ruler,Venus.I'd expect this to make you very atractive to others,even if you can't hold their atention for long.As hard as it may seem,it would be important for you to let your hair down and allow others to get to know,not judging them before you can be sure you really know them.You don't have to let your guard down immediatly after you know someone,as you may prefer take your time in getting to know someone and you probably feel more comfortable to be the real you in situations that are familiar to you(Sun in the4th),so give yourself and others a chance and keep an open,warm atitude before you can decide wether or not you will let that stranger enter your life.You have the capacity for great devotion,shown by your Capricorn Sun and Pisces Moon,and,once you're totally into someone,you can be greatly in tune to their needs and perceive their moods as if they were you're own;this will make you a great friend,though one which intensity of feeling and devotion may surely not be easy for all to handle,but the right type of person for you will appreciate this.

Psychotik

You are right - people are attracted to me quite easily but then I think I often expect too much of people and feel intensely wounded when they dont reach these expectations!

I also have a temper problem where I let things brew and have a tendency to be too honest with what I feel. All bug issues!

Any ideas on how the stellium plays into all of this?

Immediately my eyes went to that angular mercury in Capricorn. Do you try to control the scene with your speech, and speak really slowly and methodically? Sometimes a strong Mercury in Capricorn (which you have my dear) can bring to the fore the more ambitious side of Capricorn. Mercury is kind of a light, jovial planet, and wants to flirt and spin about. Combine this with a slow, methodical, ambitious sign, make it conjunct an angle, and your bound to have issues with how you communicate. Your mind is brilliant, but speaking too slowly, making sure you punctuate each word, coming across as severe and well immensely capricornian (and I feel for you here because I have a lot of capricorn), can not bode well in social situations. I'm sure you're a slow talker who takes pride in what you have to say. Remember you're not always the authority! Lighten up! While this aspect you have here is AMAZING if you have to be in charge, especially in a crisis situation, its no wonder people might find you to be boring or defensive. Mercury plods along in ambitious capricorn. You're probably excellent at organizing, and people really trust your judgement and abilities. That said, work on that sly capricorn sense of humor (it's there, i bet you can come up with some great ultra-dry sarcastic comebacks or great puns), and try not to get defensive. The world is not out to get you... you might be out to get it! (Admit it cappy) You've got this mercury conjunct, albeit a very happily placed Jupiter in Sagittarius, but this can create an almost too philosophical approach to everyday conversation, especially because it is in the 3rd house. You've got sag in the house of gemini, so you might find yourself longing for more lofty conversations in an everyday atmosphere. While this expands those cappy mental faculties exceptionally, Capricorn energy definitely rules here, so you may take this philosophical bend in your thinking and come across to others as some sort of religious evangelist or dictatorial. Great for business but not so much socializing! Be careful not to treat everyone like children or offer advice when it is not needed. Moreover, because of this Jupiter-Neptune-Mercury conjunction you have, don't gloss over the problems of others if they reveal them to you. Have you ever had a friend sort of side-step you when you try to talk about something intimate with them? You have a tendency to be distant or dreamy in your communication and this only highlights that Cappy quality which is aloof. This third house stellium is definitely asking you to learn about intimacy, especially an intellectual intimacy. Lastly, because all of these planets are making a sextile to your mars-pluto conjunction, try not to force this intimacy, or talk over people because you crave a powerful connection. You're smart, you're smart, you're smart. That pluto-mars conjunction is weird to me because even though Pluto is considered the higher octave of Mars, considering your chart as a whole you might want to pull more towards that Mars in Libra... which isn't such a happy placement for Libra... but for you in particular it will definitely help you learn diplomacy and tact... which is very much what your ego is looking for.

While the venus and Uranus conjunction doesn't effect your mercury, it does effect your moon, so it does tie back into communication in a strong way. Your emotions are erratic, though perhaps you attempt to glamorize them in some way. Don't hide your moodiness behind a false front of trying to people please. It is better to deal with this connection realistically: you are moody and tempermental. You can definitely charm others but you blow hot and cold. I recommend you start communicating this quality about yourself to others, up front. I think it is this aspect in particular that's pushing people away. Venus conjunct Uranus is an interesting pair. Try not to be brusque with people, especially those who frustrate you intellectually, or won't do precisely what you want. Like I said you're really SMART. Something in this chart indicates to me that you are secretly insecure about your intelligence, and thus come across in an overbearing way about it. YOU'RE VERY SMART GIRLY!

Are you an artist? Please say yes. You're talented, deep, and richly engaged with passionate emotions. You'd make an excellent dramatic writer or poet. I'm sure you are BEAUTIFUL.

On a final note, the interesting thing about your chart is the house/sign reversal paired with the south node/north node. You have a stellium in the house of your south node, with a conjunction to that pesky venus-uranus pair. This is my thinking: lighten up and flirt and don't make anything of anything! Just carelessly flirt. (I know it's a bizarre concept to me too) Get to know people on a BASIC level. Don't go off and start thinking philosophically (I prefer that as well)

I feel for you on a lot of these things. Work that Libra ascendant!

Last edited:

Psychotik

Thanks guys. You have touched on some really interesting ideas which have got me thinking.

Lissa - I dont think I tend to say the wrong thing at the wrong time, but I do tend to be somewhat awkward in "new" social situations. I have a hard time being comefortable and being open with new people even though I really desire to be.

Modcleopatra - you have touched on so much stuff there. I feel that I am comp different around people i know and people I dont. I guess with new people I am very diplomatic and often come across as "sweet, nice and a little naive!" (people have commented on this quiote often) but once I get to know people their opinions often change!!! You are also right in saying that I crave for lighthearted convos yet I only have that with very few people. I can also be very philosophical when getting to know people and I guess analysis is my forte. So I prob freak people out!! haha.

I dont think I speak particularly slowly - but tend to be somewhat shy in social situations and am always a bit scared I will say the wrong thing. Though this isnt so much the case when I get comfortable with people. Yes you are right - people tend to gloss over my problems at times! And yes I also write - its been something Ive enjoyed since I was young. I am really into writing "dramatic" type stuff and have been a part play writing groups throughout my life- so that was pretty spot on :)

Another thing you were spot on about was my problems in intimate relationships - I tend to blow hot and cold, Im not entiresly sure why and I feel this aspect can tire or scare people. Its something I am truly working on!!

Modcleopatra said:
On a final note, the interesting thing about your chart is the house/sign reversal paired with the south node/north node. You have a stellium in the house of your south node, with a conjunction to that pesky venus-uranus pair.
!

Could you possibly tell me a little more about this?

Thanks!1

Pallas-trine-Mars

I looked right at your Mars conjuncting Pluto in your first house. ...Then at your chart ruler Venus conjuncting Uranus. ...Then your Sun's ruler Saturn is in Scorpio. Should I give extra description for what these things mean?

Question: Are you a goth or part of one of those similar subcultures?

Last edited:

Psychotik

Pallas-trine-Mars said:
I looked right at your Mars conjuncting Pluto in your first house. ...Then at your chart ruler Venus conjuncting Uranus. ...Then your Sun's ruler Saturn is in Scorpio. Should I give extra description for what these things mean?

Question: Are you a goth or part of one of those similar subcultures?

Yes please!!

And no, never been a goth. Or part of any cults. Though I must admit scientology intrigues me;)

Pallas-trine-Mars

smilingsteph said:
Your avatar is really pretty, looks like a womb! Very feminine
I think it's supposed to be a heart...

Sure, here's some extra info: Venus is the natural ruler of Libra. Both incline towards being peaceful and seeking harmony, but Uranus is very different! Not at all afraid of stirring up chaos and in fact Uranus can tempt people into doing things that disturb the peace specifically for that effect. People with Uranus and Aquarius strong in their chart are often very humanitarian and concerned about the future but might have a strong rebellious streak. Venus also relates to partnership (specifically the type of partner you desire), which means you probably want a partner who has some Uranian nature: Rebellious, ingenious, eccentric... Your chart ruler is also in Sagittarius, who has developed a reputation as being a rude chatterbox. They like to talk and be listened to and at times do it without thinking about how it might affect somebody's feelings. The care alot about the truth (or more to the point, their truth, the world the way they see it, which often include some sort of philosophy, religion or other abstract concepts), but they forget the truth hurts! Obviously this frustrates people at times.

Both Capricorn, Sagittarius and Scorpio (where Saturn the natural ruler of your Capricorn Sun is) are often thought of as people very fond of defeating their opponents and getting their own way and sometimes get carried away.

Another person who had Pluto rising said they had to endure abuse in their childhood, I don't know where that thread is.

The house a planet is in is where that planet will exert itself on your life first. When a planet is in the first or tenth house they become very public and combine with your identity.

I'll leave you with some good pre-written interpretations, this is how I learned:

Mars conjunct Pluto (remember this is in your personality!):

Passionate and intense, you are indomitable in pursuit of your goals, and never stop until you get to the essence of an issue. You could be an excellent investigator or researcher, you find nothing more stimulating than uncovering secrets and discovering underlying forces that shape reality. Geology or archeology would also be avenues of great success for you. Your intensity and directness may be challenging for others, who might find you quite intimidating or too invasive. You are drawn to actively pursue transformative experiences.
http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/Mars_Aspects.html

Astrologyweekly has some great ones, far too many words, though: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/mars-conjunct-pluto.php

Pallas-trine-Mars

Pluto in First:
You are very out-spoken and candid, probably not known for your great sense of diplomacy or tact. Your intensity and passionate approach to life are obvious to all who meet you. You are driven to penetrate the superficial and get at the essential. You have a need and a drive to develop your personal power. Power and control are ongoing issues for you, even threatening at times to become obsessive. You have a need to understand death, and may feel drawn to explore the subject. You honor few or no taboos, you plunge to the depths of whatever draws you. You have a powerful, charismatic personality. You inspire great devotion.
http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/Pluto.htm

With Pluto in the First House opportunities for transforming or regenerating yourself may come through a personal need to understand the metaphysical processes associated with the mystery of life, death and rebirth - precipitated by periods of self-doubt and identity crisis (transits). During these periods you will experience powerful subconscious drives that are beyond your personal ability to control - these can act for good or bad depending upon other factors in your personality. Your drive for personal power is strong and if not controlled, may manifests in devious or underhanded ways. Others may view you as mysterious, secretive and something of a loner. Beware of forming associations with persons of a tough, mean, violent or low nature. Psychological health depends on a clear-cut philosophy for living a full and independent existence.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/pluto-in-1st-house.php

Mars in First:
You have a strong drive to be seen and known, to assert and communicate yourself to others. Personal appearance and the way you present yourself is always taken into consideration. You are a starter, you easily take initiative and feel comfortable in leadership roles. You may need to temper your enthusiasm if you detect that people find you pushy. You love exploration, adventure, and competition, are probably athletic, or at least a fan of sports. You love being first at anything. Undue haste or impulsiveness could result in accidents.
http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/Mars.htm

With Mars in the First House you are likely to exert your energy and initiative into personal affairs and self-expression by developing a capacity for action and personal leadership. Self-confidence and courage are gained by active participation in rugged, physical and competitive sport or other similar activity. This position of Mars tremendously increases will-power and you are likely to be motivated by the need to win and to be first in your particular field. You have the capacity to achieve much and generate enthusiasm in others, though you must be careful not to burn yourself out through over-activity. You are, in a general sense, actively searching for a strong social self-image.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/mars-in-1st-house.php

Saturn in Scorpio:
You have great emotional intensity and strength, and are self-reliant and resourceful. Probably secretive and shrewd, with a deep drive for power. Passionate in love and formidable in enmity. You have difficulty owning up to any selfishness, sexual or mental undercurrents of any kind. You may attempt to deny your passions, but you need to accept instincts, attachments, and all things natural. Allow your desires to function naturally. Take off the straight-jacket. Feel it.
http://members.wizzards.net/~magyan/Saturn.htm

In order to succeed in your social position in the world you will have to gain knowledge and expertise associated with the responsible handling of other people s property and money, dealings such as in banking, investments, insurance, etc. A will to succeed must be developed together with a calm, efficient, determined and persistent effort for thoroughness. Emotional restraint and discipline are other important factors. Life experience will force you to learn valuable lessons related to the above issues.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/saturn-in-scorpio.php

There's more where that came from! These are only 2 of my favorite websites. I'm one Virgo ascendant that takes pride in his nerdiness.

Last edited:

Pallas-trine-Mars

Venus conjunct Uranus Aspects made between Venus and Uranus emphasise the spheres of social and intimate relationships, with the energy focus turned towards exploring the outer world through an extroverted personality.

The dominating influence will be the urge for excitement, the stimulation of the unknown and the thirst for the richness of life's experiences. You will not be an introvert; and your main preoccupation will be ensuring that your life is 'interesting', occupying yourself with a multitude of interests and explorations so that there is no time or space left for inner enquiry.

The Uranian influence is the stronger partner of the two, and its agitatory vibration will give you an inner restlessness, which you try to release in social activity and interaction with friends. However, the development of your creative, artistic, unorthodox individuality may lead to adaptation problems in mainstream society, where you react against being employed in mundane, repetitive jobs, or refuse to feel imprisoned in traditional social attitudes, beliefs and lifestyles.

You insist on being free to be yourself, and to do as you please. At times, this can reflect an immature, seemingly adolescent attitude, which can be too self-centred and lack real awareness of others. Also, your definition of your self is inconsistent and dependent on the attractions of the moment. This develops the appearance of unpredictability and lack of continuity, which others often see as a lack of responsibility and commitment.

This will affect your intimate relationships; and you will probably have difficulties in maintaining lasting partnerships, either because the relationships collapse through a withdrawal of interest, or because there are too many inner desires and conflicts which trigger stormy, emotionally distressing confrontations. These may arise because of your insistence upon having your own way, which can clash with a partner's views, needs and desires. You see your need for freedom to be important, and so you tend to resist any attempt to make you give a serious commitment. Your emotions may only be touched on a superficial level, and rarely fully engaged with another, which can also lead to periods when you are tempted to become promiscuous in a search for variety and new experience. Sudden affairs are quite possible, and also satisfy that urge for excitement and even danger, where you can express yourself even more freely than usual. Certainly your love life will have an erratic quality, similar to the flow of your sex drive, which will confuse others. Your disdain for traditional forms of relationship can lead you along many different paths; join this with the fascination that the unusual has for you, and your life could develop like a multi-coloured weaving, some colours harmonising, others clashing.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/venus-conjunct-uranus.php

Psychotik

Sure, here's some extra info: Venus is the natural ruler of Libra. Both incline towards being peaceful and seeking harmony, but Uranus is very different! Not at all afraid of stirring up chaos and in fact Uranus can tempt people into doing things that disturb the peace specifically for that effect. People with Uranus and Aquarius strong in their chart are often very humanitarian and concerned about the future but might have a strong rebellious streak. Venus also relates to partnership (specifically the type of partner you desire), which means you probably want a partner who has some Uranian nature: Rebellious, ingenious, eccentric... Your chart ruler is also in Sagittarius, who has developed a reputation as being a rude chatterbox. They like to talk and be listened to and at times do it without thinking about how it might affect somebody's feelings. The care alot about the truth (or more to the point, their truth, the world the way they see it, which often include some sort of philosophy, religion or other abstract concepts), but they forget the truth hurts! Obviously this frustrates people at times.

I think this is somewhat correct. I wouldnt call it exactly rebellious - but I have been told I tend to create ruckus when there is none. Perhaps this is to do with this aspect?

Although I generally do tend to come across as peace loving and quiet...hm

Another person who had Pluto rising said they had to endure abuse in their childhood, I don't know where that thread is.

Yes I did too. Which meant I often lashed out (esp at my siblings/ people close to me) something that I have started to control over the last few years.

toxix

Wow, never seen anyone on an astrology board that has the same birthday as me. (Jan7th/84)

Cool! (Yes, just had to login and throw that in.)

toxix

12:53pm, Calgary AB.

Hmm.. intense? Definitely. Intensely competitive. Heh. Complicated? I guess I can be to others.. but I understand myself quite well, so I wouldn't say so.

stardust7

I'm surprised no one has pointed out the obvious: Mars conjunct Pluto in the 1st indicates strong passions/feelings and the fact that you feel it is very important to express yourself sextile to that Mercury + Jupiter + Neptune in the 3rd house of Communications! Your intensity is important to you yet the sextile creates an "easy flow" of your anger and intensity into communications, causing problems (remember that an easy aspect can create difficulties). Merc is the communication planet, in the the house that it rules, making your communications with others even more pronounced: having Jupiter conjunct makes this issue even "bigger" and with Neptune, it may create confused communications. I think that also points to others feeling somewhat deceived by their initial impressions compared to the person that they get to know.

I am one to tell you "work with your demons." You cannot change these natal aspects; however you can redirect their energy to better ends. Perhaps you would be better served by communicating with others about important issues, things you are passionate about, making your intensity transpersonal rather than personal, and directed towards a higher minded result.

Stardust

Last edited: