What your dominant planet means

retinoid

Dominant Sun: (Sun and Emperor tarot)
Evolved types-great success, achievement, commanding presence, inspires love/devotion, famous among groups of people, extroverted, friendly, awe inspiring

Unevolved types-boastful, jealous, squandering energies, envious, pride easily wounded, over bearing

Dominant Moon: (Moon and High Priestess tarot)
Evolved types-high intuition, able to read people, nurturing, adaptable, mysterious, magnetic, use of higher mind, creative, imaginative

Unevolved types
-delusional, emotionally unstable, needy, rejection of logic, changeable, escapism

Dominant Mars: (Strength and Tower card)
Evolved types-High energy, sexual, fighters, able to see things through till the end, courageous, inspires loyalty, can get through any obstacle

Unevolved types-Starts things but won't finish them, demanding, childish, argumentative, desires dominance, destructive, frustrated

Dominant Mercury: (The Fool and The Chariot)
Evolved types-learned, self confident, social, inquisitive, recognition, enamored with the world, high will power, mediator

Unevolved types-superficial, anxious, annoying, impulsive, uncommitted, cheater, can't keep secrets

Dominant Venus (Lovers and Empress card)
Evolved types-loving, helpful, abundance, understanding, acceptance, bliss, sensuality, satisfaction

Unevolved types-over indulgence, jealousy, laziness, lust, debt, materialism

Dominant Jupiter (The Star and The World)
Evolved types-expansive, spiritual, generous, optimistic, knowing, happy, travel, open mindedness, exploring

Unevolved types-spending too much, dogmatic, not preparing for a rainy day, overdoing things

Dominant Saturn (Temperance and The Hierophant)
Evolved types-Authority, Knowledgeable, Self made, well respected, moderate, balanced, hard workers, stable, reliable, teachers

Unevolved types-subdued, depressed, pessimistic, unfeeling, cruel, authoritarian, demanding

Last edited:

retinoid

What is your dominant planet? You can find this in many ways such as which planets have the highest strengths (exalted, dominant, degrees, elevations) or with shadbala, etc. Or which one resonates with you?

Moog

Mecury.

Generally, The Magician is associated with Mercury. I tend to think of the Fool as the 'tabula rasa' of the deck.

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

Shadbal is calculated on the basis of all the aspects of planets, inclusive of Pakshbal, and degrees, (Totally based on degrees such as 4sign 29d 13 min = 149deg and 13min or 149.22deg) Means planet is Leo, at 29 13mins), + considered points will be Maximum exaltation degree say for Sun is 10 deg.
This covers every point of the planet.
After shadbal, we consider conjunction, aspect, position is vergas, dasha and other points.
If it is Digbali, then will set the direction of Life during its dasha.
One point can not finalize anything in astrology.
Above all, transit and double transit.

SniperBomber328

Mars is definitely my strongest planet (domicile, in triplicity, direct in motion, free of the sun's beams and combustion, angular, my Lord of Geniture, Almuten Figuris, and Ruler of my Chart as well Almuten of the 10th and 1st house and final dispositor of Mercury, Sun and if anyone considers, Pluto).

Mars is in the 1st, House Scorpio (natural house). Though it's hard for me to ascertain the above description and apply it too myself. Perhaps I need to do some self-reflection?

retinoid

guys this was just a fun little thing to do. Of course just ONE planet cannot describe you. Sometimes we have more than one 'dominant' planet and sometimes we may appear as one to others when in reality are very different inside...

dr. farr

My understanding of a dominant planet is that this particular planet will have a special significance for the individual, over and above the other significances of the non-dominant planets; however I am convinced that many charts will have 2 "dominants" which will both be particularly special for that individual.

retinoid

My understanding of a dominant planet is that this particular planet will have a special significance for the individual, over and above the other significances of the non-dominant planets; however I am convinced that many charts will have 2 "dominants" which will both be particularly special for that individual.

Yes my chart has the Moon as the strongest but also Jupiter as a close second (Saturn a close third)...All the other planets are 'normal' or even weak. I definitely can see those three planets in my personality and life more than say Mars or what not.

NeverSafe

guys this was just a fun little thing to do. Of course just ONE planet cannot describe you. Sometimes we have more than one 'dominant' planet and sometimes we may appear as one to others when in reality are very different inside...

I have read we have three main dominant planets. I think everyone is a little different.

mahie

I have a question!

Is the dominant planet always the ruler of your ascendant?
Because im capricorn rising WITH saturn in tight conjunct to my ascendant. But still according to 'Simple chart delineation by Walter Pullen' at astro.com, the most strongest planet in my natal is pluto. So i could count both as my dominants? :innocent:

Moog

I have a question!

My opinion is that it's not always. If you have any exalted planets or planets in domicile, or angular planets they may well express more strongly. I am convinced that my exalted Mercury in the 11th is much more influential on my being than my ascendant ruler, who is in fall and in the 9th house. I have quite a 'Vata' physical makeup too.

Because im capricorn rising WITH saturn in tight conjunct to my ascendant. But still according to 'Simple chart delineation by Walter Pullen' at astro.com, the most strongest planet in my natal is pluto. So i could count both as my dominants? :innocent:

In your case it could well be that your ascendant ruler is the dominating influence.

dr. farr

I have a question!

Many (especially Modernist) practitioners would say yes to this question; others, including me, would say, not necessarily. If a planet is the grand or ultimate dispositor of all of the elements in a chart, and that planet is not combust or in a pitted degree, then it would be the "ruler of the nativity", regardless of it being lord of the ascending sign; otherwise, the planet with the highest dignity (called "almuten") or perhaps 2 such planets, would be the most important planet (that is what being the "ruler" of the nativity means-ie, the most important planet in the chart)

retinoid

Many (especially Modernist) practitioners would say yes to this question; others, including me, would say, not necessarily. If a planet is the grand or ultimate dispositor of all of the elements in a chart, and that planet is not combust or in a pitted degree, then it would be the "ruler of the nativity", regardless of it being lord of the ascending sign; otherwise, the planet with the highest dignity (called "almuten") or perhaps 2 such planets, would be the most important planet (that is what being the "ruler" of the nativity means-ie, the most important planet in the chart)

Interesting the shadbala says the moon+jupiter are the strongest while almuten says mars+jupiter are (and the moon is the weakest)!...

dr. farr

Each advanced practitioner will develop their own approach in the estimation of almuten/shadbala for determination of relative dignity/debility; I certainly have done so, accepting certain indications for dignity/debility, and discounting or rejecting others. Over time, and with experience, one will come to their own satisfactory way of considering this matter.

joyrjw

My dominant planet seems to be Mercury... I found a pretty good description that kind of suits me. I don't see myself as being above average intelligent,but the rest is true. :)

http://www.astrogle.com/astrology/few-personality-traits-by-certain-dominant-planets-in-a-chart.html

Mercury Dominant
Women
Mercury dominated Women are above intelligent people. They love to read, listen and lecture. And most of the time they come out with meaningful thoughts, suggestions and ideas. They always have a different perspective about things around. They are at least a post-graduate, and will have at least one serious hobby. They honestly love and appreciate poetry, art and cinema.