Psychology of Leo vs Virgo

siren1111

I'm coming upon my solar return in 2 days and I'm on a natural high- feeling great, loving life. I have been really happy and prosperous. I have cut out two Virgos in my life. Both of them were family, so it wasn't easy. I don't mean to offend anyone, however the Virgo male has been a critical and demanding aspect of my early life. I myself have 5 planets in Virgo but I know when to relax and let **** go. I find myself in a domestic situation with another wallflower(Virgo) and for the most part, I have been able to handle the negative constraints of the relationship. Psychologically, Virgos have been extremely critical and detached emotionally towards me. I never want to have relationships with people like that. Now I have completely blocked out their paranoia and ungrounded claims of the truth. I'm sorry but I am a very very positive person who has survived horrific events in her life. Why do Virgo men have to be so incredibly negative and unhappy.I am saying that I have let go of my relationships with my brother and father- not easy things to do. But I came out of it very very shaky and now I'm okay. I'm seriously fine. Why am I attracting another Virgo? Would someone look at my chart and tell me how to move forward with my joy and enthusiasm.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_happy_leoo.69194.12359.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_happy_leoo.69194.12359.gif
    47.4 KB · Views: 37

IleneK

Premium Member
Why am I attracting another Virgo?

I think you are attracting Virgo energy because of the preponderance of Virgoan energy among the personal planets and points in your chart: Virgo rising, Virgo Moon conjunct Virgo Mercury in the 12th, and Venus rising. And this preponderance of Virgo energy is being repressed in favor of your attraction to your Leonine energy.

What I am saying is that you are lacking balance, being averse to Virgo and attached to Leo. The repressed Virgo is projected onto Virgo energy in others. You attract them into your life to help you gain proper appreciation of [your] Virgo energy. As long as you reject it as you do, [and I am not sure how one escapes one's own Moon without repressing your feelings] you are rejecting a crucial and valuable part of yourself. This never works as one intends, this repression of our own energy, and this is why you are continually attracting Virgo energy. The attraction is one way to help you incorporate your Virgo energy into your psyche in a healthy, meaningful and productive way.

You asked, and here is just my 2 cents.

Wishing you the best.

Last edited:

siren1111

Honestly thank you

Well, I appreciate it. Thank you. It makes lots of sense. it has been a long road for me. I am so averse to my own Virgo energy. I'm repressing big-time. I need to ride this out and slowly slowly see things differently. That's my plan.

graay ghost

Are you attracting "another" Virgo? You don't really attract family members, those tend to be thrust upon you. Have you ever looked at these family member's charts? Is it particularly Virgo you have a problem with? I have a lot of problems with someone who has nearly the exact same sun as I do -- but their chart has a lot of hard aspects to my Chiron and other things that you would not know based simply on the fact that they're a Cancer...

Anyway aside from ideas of "repression", you do have a lot of Virgo. Particularly you have a Virgo Mercury and a Virgo Venus. Mercury and Venus have a lot to do with how you relate to other people. Much of astrology talks about trines in synastry but honestly much of the time people will get along with others with adjacent sun signs, even though synastry says they "shouldn't", because their communication styles are similar because Venus and Mercury tend to be in adjacent signs. I'm a Cancer and my Mercury is in Leo (and Venus on the 29th degree of Cancer) and it seems like all my friends are Leos :sideways:

JUPITERASC

Are you attracting "another" Virgo? You don't really attract family members, those tend to be thrust upon you. Have you ever looked at these family member's charts? Is it particularly Virgo you have a problem with? I have a lot of problems with someone who has nearly the exact same sun as I do -- but their chart has a lot of hard aspects to my Chiron and other things that you would not know based simply on the fact that they're a Cancer...

Anyway aside from ideas of "repression", you do have a lot of Virgo. Particularly you have a Virgo Mercury and a Virgo Venus.
Mercury and Venus have a lot to do with how you relate to other people.
Much of astrology talks about trines in synastry but honestly much of the time people will get along with others with adjacent sun signs, even though synastry says they "shouldn't",
because their communication styles are similar because Venus and Mercury tend to be in adjacent signs.
I'm a Cancer and my Mercury is in Leo (and Venus on the 29th degree of Cancer) and it seems like all my friends are Leos
:sideways:
However that doesn't mean that applies to all other Cancerians :smile:
who perhaps have no Leo friends at all
so there's some other factor at work clearly

siren1111

Yes.We don't really attract family. Well, I have a lot of Virgo. I'm going to have to deal with it. I'm taking my time. What I went through with my father was intense and yes, I've looked at his chart. Can I forgive him? No, not right now. This is his chart. I feel like I cannot let go of this pattern with him. It's a power battle all the time. He never really accepts who I really am inside and I have felt victimized by his standards and criticism. He chose his present wife over me in an argument in 2012, and turned his back on me. No communication whatsoever for 3 years. No Christmas visits, no Thanksgiving, no Easter. It was emotional hell. I became much stronger, but I've really had to harden my heart.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_02_weird_virgo.32415.7338.gif
    astro_w2gw_02_weird_virgo.32415.7338.gif
    53.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Noel Eastwood

Premium Member
My goodness siren1111, there sure is some incredible energy there in your Virgo Ascendant and planets spread across 12th and 1st Houses. I can see with that Pluto conjunct Venus in your 1st you exhibit a whole heap of Scorpio energy as well.

A lovely Leo with Virgo Moon and Ascendant plus a touch of Scorpio. I love you already because except for some twists your chart is very similar to mine. How do I survive, like you, I cut out the people who drag me down and love those who cherish loyalty and honesty.

One thing about your chart, Virgo is the sign of service. If you add the beauty and generosity of the 11th House Leo Sun and Mars you have no choice but to be nice, giving and sharing. Its who you are, be at peace with that side of you.

Why do you attract anything? Because it is what remains unresolved within you, called projection. Anyway, I have to go, good luck my lovely twin :)

CapAquaPis

From reading (and memorizing) material from astrology books and websites (at least some of them), the reason for Leo and Virgo are polar opposites may be the ruling planets of Leo (the Sun) and possibly, Virgo (the Moon, except the official ruler is Mercury) indicate a lack of relating in common in priorities and concerns. Cancer ruled by the Moon and Libra could be possibly under the Sun (officially, Venus is its ruler) aren't compatible signs unable to relate to each other. Cancer and Leo will have clashing personalities, when the Leonine sun and Cancerian moon represent a high risk of difficult relationships. The sun affects masculine signs more and the moon does the same for feminine signs. But, Leo is the most solar of all zodiac signs...and they will have strained relations with Mercurian Virgo and Gemini (or some astrologers believe Taurus) since the smallest and closest planet to the Sun feels the intense heat of Leos.

ashriia

Hi siren1111,

I don't have anything to add really... just find your pluto venus conjunction in virgo and your father's pluto venus conjunction in cancer interesting. Your conjunction would hit his mercury in synastry. Which I am sure you know already.

Just curious, does your brother also have pluto/venus conjunct?