Daughters as talk show hosts?

Baha

Hi forum,

Today 3 of my daughters auditioned to host a children's/teens television show.

Seeing how well the 3 of them interracted with each other, the producers began to consider offering all 3 of them their own show whereas they would discuss age related topics and have a question/answer session with kids who called the studio. The show would revolve around them as 3 sisters hosting a show together. So, the original "job" proposal was effectively raised a notch.

My husband is very conservative and he's not 100% thrilled with the idea of our girls being on T.V. He said he would think about it, but I can tell that he may give in to them seeing how excited they were. But the jury is still out.

So my question is "Will the 3 of them get their own show."

Here's my take:

The chart seems radical.

Who are they:
I am the querent, Venus
They are the 5th house = Virgo = Mercury
The job is the 10th house = Aquarius = Saturn (Mars could be cosignificator)

Where are they:
Venus is in Libra, in it's dignity. I don't know how that effects anything as I am just the one asking the question, cadent
Mercury, exalted, in the 7th house, angular
Saturn, exalted, in the 6th house but cadent (Mars, 7th house, angular)
Moon in detrement, in the 9th house, cadent

What are they doing:
Mercury is conjunct Mars, sextiling Saturn. Is also trining Jupiter(retrograde) and Uranus (retrograde) in 11th house of hopes, wishes and aspirations.
The Moon is square Saturn. It's next aspect will be sextile to Jupiter. I don't think the square is good. It's also conj Pluto.
Saturn is square moon and Pluto. It sextiles Mars which is conj. Mercury.

Other:

The Sun is right on the decendant and is making several aspects. I have no idea if there is any meaning here.

If I turn the chart to the 10th from the 5th, I get Gemini. Ruler of Gemini is Mercury. Should I take a second look at this chart after turning everything? Since I am the one asking the question and not my girls?

The POF (I don't know if that is relative, probably not) falls in 3rd house which rules T.V. It is opposed to the moon, which is the ruler of the 3rd house, Cancer.

I am thorougly confused but I'd say "Yes" because of the aspects between Mercury, Saturn and cosignificator Mars. I am curious as to Jupiter and it's aspect to Mars/conj Mercury.

Edit: The moon is really not in good shape squaring Saturn. It is also conj, Pluto. Is there any significance with that? I read that Lily didn't often pay much attention to Pluto??? Would this mean delays?? (which is OK any how)

Please critique this shabby reading if you get the chance.

Best-

Attachments

• talkshow.JPG
    talkshow.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Baha

I am going to (try to) re-read the chart. Since I am the one asking the question and it is regarding my daughters and not me, I think I need to turn the chart.

My daughters: They are the 5th house = Virgo = Mercury
Mercury in detriment, in the 7th house, angular and it is conjunct Mars which debilitates it.

The job would be the 12th from the 5th? I read on one of the AW threads that the 12th or Neptune would signify television?
If so then the job would be Leo = Sun

The Sun and Mercury are not aspecting each other.

End of the matter: 4th from the 5th = Sagittarius = Jupiter
Jupiter is in it's dignity, succendent in the 11th house of hopes and wishes trining both Mercury and Sun but is retrograde.

Moon is Sextiling sun which is sitting on the decendant. Prior to leaving it's sign it will Sextile Mercury. But it's conj. Pluto. I read that Lily doesn't take Pluto in to account? But surely this must mean something?

So again, I'd like to say "Yes" but I'm still not certain because it seems like Mercury is not doing so well.

I was trying to understand what it means for the sun to be on one of the angles and this is what I found:

I just read this on Skyscript: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/horary1d.html

"The astrological angles - ascendant, midheaven (MC), descendant and lower midheaven (IC) - are the most potent and influential areas in any chart. Any planet that is in conjunction with an angle will have a marked influence that resonates throughout the chart and greatly colours its overall meaning. "

In the chart, the Sun is right on the decendant sextiling the Moon. I know that Sun and Moon don't get along. Is there any significance, good or bad, of the Sun on the decendant?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Baha

Update:

Yes, they got their own show :)

However, not exactly as it was offered. Rather than a talk show, the producers want to make it a kids reality show.

dr. farr

Congratulations and good luck to them.

Since this is now a known result horary, we can check a couple of things:

The experimental Walis Magic 8 Ball would have given a "yes" answer: whether taking the 5th (whole sign) house (your children) as significator or the 10th from the 5th (their career/profession), both houses were under Mercury which, by the 8 Ball "rules", means a "yes" answer. Which proved correct.

By primary Ankara horary I think I would have given an unfavorable prediction (thus an incorrect one) Mercury (them and their career) in detriment, Moon flowing away, the Part of Fortune posited in the same sign as the South Node (and thus corrupted), this also being the 3rd whole sign house (communications = tv), as well as certain other considerations, I think would have led me to make an unfavorable prediction by primary Ankara methodology.

What about simple Lunar? Let's see what it would have shown:

-asc is a crooked sign: + 1 point
-Moon flows away from Mars: + 1 point
-Moon flows toward Jupiter: + 2 points
-Moon next house is a pivot (the 10th house): + 1 point
-Moon's next sign (Aquarius) is a crooked sign: + 1 point
-Moon is in opposition to Part of Fortune: - 1 point
Results:
Positive = + 6 points
Negative = - 1 point
Net = + 5 points
Divination: with a net +5 points simple Lunar divination would have given a strongly favorable (highly auspicious) indication of influences regarding this question, which, as it turned out, would have been correct.

We see here what I have mentioned elsewhere on AW regarding horary: often times we must compare the indications of 2 or 3 judgement methods, as Charles Carter had advised in all predictive astrological work. In this case we found that primary Ankara gave a "no" answer, but that Magic 8 Ball and Lunar divination each gave a positive prognostic: 2 out of 3 judgement methods showed "yes", so based on that we would have given a "yes, its favorable" prediction-which proved accurate. I really believe that judging horaries-at least more important questions like this one-should involve running the chart through at least a couple of different procedures, then compare indications from each, before making the final call...

RayAustin

Hi Baha,

If I turn the chart to the 10th from the 5th, I get Gemini. Ruler of Gemini is Mercury. Should I take a second look at this chart after turning everything? Since I am the one asking the question and not my girls?
Yes! :smile:

The POF (I don't know if that is relative, probably not) falls in 3rd house which rules T.V. It is opposed to the moon, which is the ruler of the 3rd house, Cancer.
The POF is mostly to signify your source of financial fortune.. so it's relevant in the 3rd house. You would consider the condition of the Moon to see what's being said. So we see fortune's ruler Moon squaring Saturn which would restrict you receiving the amount you desire or what you could earn. I'm sure you/your daughters would earn more if they had individual shows instead of being together on one show.

Edit: The moon is really not in good shape squaring Saturn. It is also conj, Pluto. Is there any significance with that? I read that Lily didn't often pay much attention to Pluto??? Would this mean delays?? (which is OK any how)

Pluto wasn't discovered until the 20th century. So Lilly didn't know about Pluto at all. :happy: Also, Pluto is no-where in conjunction with the Moon. It would be separating by 10 degrees. If you know in horary, separating means a prior event, not something upcoming.

Analyzing the Moon square Saturn aspect:
The Moon square Saturn would normally be a flat-out no. Moon and Saturn are natural enemies, and Saturn's traditionally the most 'evil' of influence. That's why it would be a flat-out no; especially considering that you want to receive something and Saturn normally restricts.

However considering Saturn's dignification, and the reception between Saturn and Moon is why this particular square would be more fortuitous. Most likely the saturnine influence is the mitigation of the favorable outcome as per usual Saturn theory; in other words not getting the full-out show but something less substantial. I wouldn't expect this to be the end of any obstacles, however.

Something to consider too Baha is the 2nd from the 5th .. the kid's income. While Saturn is good placed there, Venus is retograde so there may be some delay in getting paid.

I also wonder if the 2nd daughter gets left out somehow of the show--or maybe makes the most? Haha, contradictory I know.

Thanks for your very interesting chart.
r.a. :smile:

Last edited:

Baha

I LOVE HORARY!

Thank you Dr. Farr and Ray for having a look at the chart.

You know, it takes a lot of reading/research to understand the intricacies of reading these charts. What gets me is there's a lot more to look at then the obvious red and blue lines. Dignities, reception, triplicities, rulers, etc. I really admire those on this forum that have it down to memory.

Is there an easy way to figure out which aspects a planet will make next? Or is it just a matter of eyeballing and remembering the math when reading the degrees? Sometimes I cast charts for myself and trying to figure out the moon's next aspect is confusing.

Anyway, I'm glad that this chart was beneficial in that I was able to post the outcome. I know there is sometimes a lot of frustration when charts are read and then nothing else is heard.

Best- and thanks again. I will re-read both of these replies again.

dr. farr

Relative to the aspects, the free charts on astro.com always contain an aspectarian printed on the same page as the chart. Here's a hint: enter 60 in the % increase/decrease of orb box when setting up the chart on astro.com This will give you the tight (close) aspects which are much more reliable than the looser (wider) ones generally used.