Was he pleased to see me?

ceres76

Hi guys.

Sorry to only post here to ask a question and never participating in helping others - it's because I'm not as knowledgeable (well, ok, not knowlegeable, period) in horary even though it is endlessly fascinating to me. I am afraid to answer someone else's question because what if I'm wrong??

I hope you don't hold this against me and take a look at this horary anyway and let me know what you think. It's again one of those iffy ones, on the first degree, however, my sig is Mercury and om ots triplicity (I asked the question at 7:12 pm) so I think that means it's a valid chart?

Anyway, fitting also in that we do not have a relationship (yet).

We ran into each other, and I was glad to see him, and I think he was too, but he is very guarded by nature. So the question I asked was, "Was he happy to see me?"

Thanks for any response you might have. (Except for calling me a moron for keeping posting charts that might be questionable... :38: )

ceres

ceres76

Oh, I forgot to add - I'm not sure which is the sig of the question itself. Would it be the 3rd house?

Also, what troubles me is that the Sun is on the same degree as Chiron, which can't possible bode well, can it?

Tea & Drum

Hi Ceres!

I'm super new here, hope you don't mind me taking a poke at this.
I would say your significator, other than the ascendant, is found in your fifth house...not that I'm an expert on horary. The reason I would identify your significator there is because from the way you phrased your question, you're interest is romantic, so I would immediately look there. You even mentioned "not being in a relationship (yet)" which would make me look at what the seventh house has to offer for an answer, too.

First of all, I see a delicious and beautiful irony in that you described this fellow as "guarded" and ruling the fifth house is Capricorn with grand ole Saturn as its lord. And where is that lovely guarded fellow sitting....? In the first house. So, follow loosely some of Lilly's precepts I would say the answer is a solid "Yup...but..." :) The ascendant is in the wee early degrees of an equally cautious, detail-mining virgo and the early ascendant suggests this answer is being asked prematurely, give it some time and space to develop on its own. The ruler of the ascendant is retrograde and in mutual appreciation with the sun, whose next move is to wrap its golden arms around mercury. This is a promising prospect that looks like it's going to unfold quickly and quite unexpectedly. However, the ruler of the ascendant makes no aspect with the ruler of the fifth. I would translate this in part as "He was happy to see you...he's so not going to up and tell you...unless he is going to up and tell you...cause mercury is retrograde and pulling tricks out its communicative sleeve."

The ruler of the fifth makes some pleasant aspects, in fact, I don't see any inharmonious aspects. The moon is, for the most part, voiding...which I would say "there's a lot in the air on this, yes, he was happy to see you, but sit back and let things unfold." I would even suggest that you are moving into a relationship with someone soon and fast (following the sun's movements).

I'm going to jump and use another one of Lilly's methods. Okay...the moon's last major aspect was with Venus which means that Venus is your co-significator or can be interpreted thus. Venus is leaving a trine with Saturn, so...she met up with this guarded guy and the event that this aspect points to has already happened. Saturn is retrograde so that would tell me that the event was unexpected. However, Venus is moving into a nice sextile with...ahem...uranus...ahem...in the seventh house. I would say that Venus (you) are headed into an unexpected relationship. Which pulls my attention back to that lovalee seventh house ruled by pisces whose ruler is found in the sixth. The ruler of the sixth house is Uranus and found in the seventh house, the ruler of the seventh is found in the sixth house and these planets are in strong mutual reception. I would say whatever relationship this aspect points to, it may start while on the job, doing an errand for someone else, shopping in the health food store or solacing a friend whose diet isn't working out (just throwing some sixth house stuff out there.)

Okay, I'm talking a lot here...but the one other thing I'd like to point out is that if a relationship or love affair does get off the ground with the guy you ran into (it's hard to say with the moon and the ascendant), it's not going to be fireworks and it may take a little while, also...he's not going to change and become less guarded. Neptune would point to being very careful with your expectations here.

But, yes, he was happy to see you. Don't you just want to cream unresponsive guys????

:)
-Tea

Tea,
welcome.......I am not a horarist, but am learning....and i really hope you come back again with detailed readings like that......I loved your interpretation..........you've got a nice style.:)
LG

starlink

Hi Ceres, you said:
I am afraid to answer someone else's question because what if I'm wrong??
and I would like to say: better to have tried and failed then never to have tried at all! For more info on horary, I strongly advice you to go to "Forum Jump", then scroll down to Horary, and once there, scroll down again until you see a "Sticky" from Draco called "Horary tutorials". You will find everything you need there.

Tea & Drum, nice to get you on board. We need more horary astrologers here. I see that you include the modern planets Uranus etc. but you know that Lilly did not even know about them and never included them.
I only use them when they are super prominent in a chart, like exactly conjunct the Angles and I use them as "back-up info" when the querent or quisited is Aquarius. But Saturn remains the main significator for most of horary Astrologers. Or I use them (after all we DO know these planets) as sudden happenings (Uranus), disappointment (Neptune) or deep emotional disruption or change (Pluto) when the Moon happens to pass over them.

I also very much like the way you write, you make it quite visible!

In this chart I would take the 7th house, not because there is or is not a relationship, but because it is just "another person" or the 11th house as HIM. He is not yet a lover, so the 5th house does not apply to him. If Ceres sees him as a friend, we could maybe take the 11th for him. In fact, there is way to little information on this chart (hence the very early Ascendant) and the Moon is VOC, meaning that "nothing will come of it". Saturn retro in the 1st is one of the worst things you can have and it impacts negatively the outcome, unless of course he is the ruler of the quisited.
Venus is not ruling Ceres, Mercury is (ruler of the Ascendant) and as co-ruler the Moon (unless we take the 11th as being her friend, then the Moon represents him).

I would prefer not interprete this chart for lack of further information concerning this question (too early Asc.), the VOC Moon and the Retro Saturn in the 1st. But as curious as we are, we could look quickly at the Moons last aspect which actually is a trine to the part of fortune in the 1st which is very nice. Moon and Jupiter both in Ceres's 5th house, probably showing he likes her or showing that she hopes for a romance between them.
More than that I do not see happening for the moment.
Cheers, Starlink

ceres76

Welcome Tea, and thanks for your spirited reading. I second Liquid - I like your style too! I hope you are here to stay and post often.

The guy in question isn't a friend, or someone I ran into, but actually my daughter's acupuncturist. So the 6th house being heavily occupied might be important?

I have a question - has anyone noticed the exact square between PoF and Vertex? And the antivertex conjunct Mars? How important is the Vertex in horary anyway?

Hi Starlink! Thank you for your observations, as always, and the referral to the tutorial. I never even saw it and will check it out. You mention the Moon making a trine to the PoF as a last aspect. But after that it will still make a semisextile to the North Node, and before that, Neptune. Or is a semi-sextile too minor and therefore inferior to the trine to PoF? (PoF not being a planet, after all, I would have thought a more minor aspect to another planet might be more important?)

Also, in this chart, what does the Sun stand for? I heard Sun is also the character, or mood? for the entire chart, amongst other things. And here it is on the same degree with Chiron. This looks.... painful....:eek:

Cheers.

ceres

P.S. Hi Liquid!! :)

Hi ceres.......take starlinks advice, check out that horary tutorials thread...especially the skyscript site......wonderful place!.........you'll learn heaps there..........i am!
ciao